Set#: 8097

Name: Slave 1

Theme: Star Wars

Release: Aug 2010

Pieces: 573

Minifigs: 3; Hans Solo, Boba Fett, Bossk

MSP: US$79.99

gallery_148_88_3703.jpg

Frontside of the box. Box size is 47.5 x 37.5 x 7 cm.

gallery_148_88_57623.jpg

Backside of the box.

gallery_148_88_155069.jpggallery_148_88_6272.jpg

Minifig pics on the box.

gallery_148_88_139060.jpg

Boba Fett.

gallery_148_88_40554.jpg

Bossk.

gallery_148_88_22539.jpg

Han Solo.

For more pics of the minifigs go here!

gallery_148_88_100113.jpg

The content. 4 big polybags of bricks, windscreen, sticker sheet and 2 books of instructions.

gallery_148_88_44887.jpg

The sticker sheet.

gallery_148_88_45824.jpg

The windscreen in two views. Part 41881, never before in trans-clear.

Now for all the parts, here we go sorted by color:

gallery_148_88_17489.jpg

Dark Bluish Grey

gallery_148_88_218596.jpg

Light Bluish Grey

gallery_148_88_24199.jpg

Black

gallery_148_88_290623.jpg

Tan & Reddish Brown

gallery_148_88_133848.jpg

Dark Red

gallery_148_88_15790.jpg

Dark Green

gallery_148_88_170491.jpg

Sand Green

gallery_148_88_176692.jpg

Dark Tan & Trans-Orange

gallery_148_88_456814.jpg

Blue, Yellow, Red, Trans-Dark Blue and White

So let start building, this will be less pictures but you´ll get the picture :grin:!

gallery_148_88_159549.jpg

Taking shape frontside.

gallery_148_88_161515.jpg

And the backside.

gallery_148_88_129788.jpg

The mecanism for the 4 missiles.

gallery_148_88_208126.jpg

One stabilizer.

gallery_148_88_31643.jpg

Moving fast!

gallery_148_88_63419.jpg

And done :laugh:! Yeah, I haven´t put on the stickers but you have to suck that up :tongue:!

gallery_148_88_133657.jpg

Second missile launcher thingy!

gallery_148_88_429825.jpg

Loading doors in action.

gallery_148_88_214467.jpg

Sideview.

gallery_148_88_123519.jpg

Anyone seen a windscreen?

gallery_148_88_106384.jpg

Ready for take off - see you later!

So that´s that. It was a fun build even if it feels a lot like the 7153 and 6209 build. New colored pieces and some new ones also pirate_thumbup.gif!

Hope you enjoyed it and you feel like getting it!

Thanks for the review CopMike!

Well, this set is a must-have buy for sure, specially since I don't have any of the earlier versions. Great parts, classic SW ship, cool minifigs. I'll probably get two :classic:

Wow! Thanks for the beautiful review! :wub:

The high points are the new figs and all the new dark green curved pieces :thumbup:

I am unsure of the cherry red colour scheme, but the overall design does look sweet.

Im still not too sure about this, it looks fantastic but i still think the previous one looks a bit better, i think its all the dark red. However you did a fantastic review, thanks for posting. :thumbup:

That's one cool review!

I have to admit this is one of the better sets, as I don't like the Turbo Tank or Shuttle, although I do love Grievous' ship.

Thanks so much for your excellent review Copmike :thumbup: You've got this so early!

I like the parts and minifigs, just unsure about the colour. I think I prefer the preliminary version where some of the dark/cherry red slopes were reddish-brown. Perhaps I'll get this Slave 1 and Bricklink the brown parts.

Definitely agree. The prior color scheme was better. This one looks like someone was playing with the contrast on my monitor and kicked it up to "crazy bright."

Fantastic review though! Thanks for sharing.

A big MEH on the stickers. Looks like way too many. This makes me curl up into a ball and cry copious tears of high salinity.

The minifigs will easily be the reason this set sells out quickly and often. I just want that cool Han Solo in Carbonite piece!

While the colors are a definite improvement in my opinion, there is little to no actual improvement of the design itself. I would have liked to see an improvement in the wing design- the swing-down wings are inaccurate, they rotate- but this is a play feature, so I suppose I'll mod it.

Once again, no real interior. This time, it's taken up by an even bigger firing mechanism. :sceptic:

gallery_148_88_44887.jpg

The Mando skull is interesting. Where is it supposed to go on the ship?

Im just blown away at how awesome this set is! :cry_happy: The amount of pieces and range of pieces is spectacular, the minifigs are perfect and the ship is incredible! I really really really want this set now.

Thanks a lot CopMike for this great review!

EDIT: I have just noticed, whats with the clone commander kama, pauldron and head gear doing in there? :wacko:

Edited by Roncanator

Wow, that was quick...

I've pretty much established that I will get this set, no matter the price. It's too bad about the stickers... I really need this set, as I haven't got any of the previous ones, and I don't want to put the stickers on incorrectly...

EDIT:

EDIT: I have just noticed, whats with the clone commander kama, pauldron and head gear doing in there? :wacko:

I just noticed that, too! I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure the clone stuff was all in the same bag. I guess they just threw them in because the rangefinder was used on Boba.

It's a bit too bad that they're grey, though. I prefer the black versions.

Edited by Delta 38

The only non-hoth must buy set! Thank you for the review, this actually seems to be better than the '06 version. If not only for the figures, I find all the light and dark blueish gray pieces well worth this purchase. Probably switching out the red for the brown from the '06 unless it looks better in person. Thanks again.

I just noticed that, too! I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure the clone stuff was all in the same bag. I guess they just threw them in because the rangefinder was used on Boba.

It's a bit too bad that they're grey, though. I prefer the black versions.

You´re right, came in a small bag and only used the rangefinder.

I'm very excited for this set! It'll be my first Slave 1. Thanks for the great review!

Thanks for the review.

There are definitely some aspects that I prefer in the 2006 incarnation and others that I prefer in this newest one. Ah, but the joy of customization in LEGO to make things how you want them.

I do look forward to picking this set up when it becomes available.

Thank you thank you thank you copmike, you just made my day. I cannot wait to get this set. Where does the mandalorian sticker go? I've looked over the box art and I don't know where it goes? mind telling us lego fans? And will you be getting any of the other summer release sets soon?

First off, great review CopMike, and thanks. About the set itself, well, I'll probably get it, but it's nothing spectacular. Although I would really like getting my hands on those dark red and green pieces, I feel it's not the right color scheme for the Slave I. My favorite Slave I would have to be the 2006 version. I feel it has a perfect color scheme, and was a good price at $50. I do like the minifigures alot in this set, however, it uses basically the same design as the previous one. Not that it's a bad thing, but it could get repetitive. (Good thing the license is ending. :tongue: )I do like Boba's new helmet, very sleek, but a bit too detailed. His old one was more generic and more "usable" for other mandalorians. (Also love his cape) I really don't like the new Han Solo in carbonite, waaaaay too detailed, and there's just something about it that makes it look megablocky. One other complaint is that it still has no interior, just another one of those ginormous missile launcher in the middle, and this time with flick-fires. :sick: Oh well, guess I'll just have to buy it anyways. Darn you TLG. :tongue:

(Good thing the license is ending. :tongue: )

Oh no you didn't, I'd watch my back If I were you :devil:

Edited by sok117

Fantastic review! Thanks! :classic:

For those of you who are trashing the color scheme, A. It's really not that bad, and B. Would you rather have the EXACT SAME color scheme as the last one? That would be a bit boring, now wouldn't it? :hmpf_bad:

Those flick-fire missles and stickers are a big meh, but the minifigs and extra ARC Trooper gear are fantastic. I wonder where the mandalorian sticker goes?... :oh3:

Ehhh, I was pretty excited for this set, but after seeing the review... :thumbdown: Don't get me wrong, it was a great review, but seeing the set itself it is 99% the same as 6209 from 2006. All they changed were a few minor details, the color scheme (which I personally think looks worse) and added a few flick missiles. The only reason I would get this set would be for the figs, although I doubt it. The 2006 one cost 50 USD for 537 pieces, a steal in my opinion. This one should have about the same, or less from what I estimate, but for at least 20 USD more. :hmpf_bad:

In my opinion, the 2006 one is still king. But still, thanks for the review, CopMike. :classic:

For those of you who are trashing the color scheme, A. It's really not that bad, and B. Would you rather have the EXACT SAME color scheme as the last one? That would be a bit boring, now wouldn't it? :hmpf_bad:

In this picture, the green looks much darker and deeper:

Slave_I_-_SWGTCG.jpg

(not my image)

However, Sand green just seems so much more attractive in Lego form. Believe me, I'm super glad that I'm able to add more dark green to my collection, it's just that along with the dark red, it seems to bold, as if it wasn't the beat up, rugged Slave I. Perhaps they should've used dark green and brown, not dark red, that would make things alot better.

EDIT

Also not my image:

Slave1_negvv.jpg

In this picture, it is sand green, which I feel signifies a dirtier, grittier ship, building from my point earlier: the Slave I is supposed to be rugged, not shiny, deep, dark colors.

Edited by Spyder

I knew you had this when you had the figs. Awesome set, I love the Dark Green, but I would prefer Sand Green. All the Slave 1's are getting sorta boring, with all the hidden missiles, but the figs make up for it. :wub: Bossk, Boba, Jango, IG-88, and Dengar, now all we need is 4-LOM and Zuckuss.

Edited by indianajones

Thanks for the review CopMike! Looks like a very cool set - the dark green and dark red color scheme work very well together, and there's a huge amount of each color! :wub:

Also, when compared to the 2006 Slave I, I have to say that the dark red is much better than the reddish brown. :thumbup:

It's not enough to justify $80 for me, but I bet that many others will definitely purchase this set. :classic:

You´re right, came in a small bag and only used the rangefinder.

Yay, I'm right! :classic:

It does sort of seem like a waste, but it's nice to have extra stuff. Especially two extra clone commander pistols!