Sign in to follow this  
Zorro

Bayonets at Dawn

Can you provide me a link? It wasnt very "obvious" on their website....

I checked Bricklink and there wasn't any Bayonets for sale, your going to have to find someone who is willing to trade.

Can you provide me a link? It wasnt very "obvious" on their website....

The bayonet isn`t out yet, but I think they plan to release it this year. :pir-classic:

-

Gneral Redwater

The bayonet isn`t out yet, but I think they plan to release it this year. :pir-classic:

The above is correct . . . on both counts! :wink:

Rest assured, when Will adds the Bayonet to the BrickArms line-up, you won't have to search too hard for it!

The above is correct . . . on both counts! :wink:

Rest assured, when Will adds the Bayonet to the BrickArms line-up, you won't have to search too hard for it!

I can sleep easy at night knowing that we will be getting bayonets from BA, how awesome :pir-cry_happy:

question to the officíals: is my moc (battle of trenton) in or not, as has been said, it doesn't depcit any actual fighting, however, it encompasses what most people today still remember from this battle, which wasn't very bloody, but extremely important for american history

Brainstorming for ideas :cannon:

(but hence excluding the Boer War)
so NO boer wars? Edited by Andre1983nl

That is correct, as it's out of the time period.

When,not if ;), the contest is successful, is their a chance that the timeline could by enlarged for the second one. I would like to do something like the Siege of Khartoum or even te Boer War for it. (Just read the Simon Fonthill novels by John Wilcox) If not, the Battle of Rorke's Drift would be OK to do, wouldn't it?

When,not if ;), the contest is successful, is their a chance that the timeline could by enlarged for the second one. I would like to do something like the Siege of Khartoum or even te Boer War for it. (Just read the Simon Fonthill novels by John Wilcox) If not, the Battle of Rorke's Drift would be OK to do, wouldn't it?

It might be a possibility. As of now, we don't have plans for a new Bayonets at Dawn Contest, but you never know. :pir-classic:

I'm not the resident battle expert, so I'm probably not the one to ask. :pir_laugh2:

Late 19th century battles fall outside the age of sail, and out of the true pirate age. Of course piracy still exists, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. A late 19th century battle fits better in the Historic themes forum. There are plenty of battles in the age of sail, also with islanders. Captain Cook for example. :pir-wink:

I know this doen't have anything to due with Bayonets at Dawn but were do we post modern piracy related MOCs, here or in 'Other Themes"?

A difficult question. You can relate MOCs to the year they have been made for or how the MOC is built. British soldiers still had their red coats during the Wild West time.

It is a border which is hard to make or to see. The true age of pirates ended when the age of sail ended. That is my view on the matter. :pir-wink:

It is a border which is hard to make or to see. The true age of pirates ended when the age of sail ended. That is my view on the matter. :pir-wink:

I`m just wondering, when is that? They still used sail up to the early 20th century, but I thought we should put 20th century in City, or Historic themes.

Edited by General Redwater

Well, I just noticed the end date and the build I haven't started well. I do not think I will be able to enter this contest, The end date is a few days after Last day at school, ever. So this week will be a busy planning week and the weekend will be a celebration.

Anyway, There are plenty more entries better than my idea! Good Luck guys! :thumbup:

Edited by Joey Lock

Just wanted to add that I've added my entry aswell and I'm looking forward to see how the contest will continue :pir-classic:

Thanks for organising the contest and the great prizes :pir-sweet:

Gaetano

IMPORTANT NOTE CONCERNING THIS CONTEST:

The deadline has been set at 20 hours AFTER THIS POST. That way it will be 'June 1st' about everywhere into the world.

Editing your entry posts after that moment is forbidden and will result into a disqualification, all questions concerning this should be send to me or Captain Blackmoor by means of PM.

Also know I will shortly relocate all entry threads tomorrow for administrative purposes (to make up the voting topic which include links and pictures from them), they will be moved back, unaltered, in a matter of hours.

Make any necessary changes you still need to do before the deadline, please re-read all the rules, there are not that many!

The voting will probably run untill Sunday 6th of June, a definitive date will be set in the voting topic.

I wish to thank you all for making this contest into another succes!

• Thank you members for all your magnificient entries, it surprised me we have such a large base of talented armybuilders!
  • Thanks to the kind people of Brickarms, for donating additional prizes to extend our prizepool!
  • Thank you my fellow people of the Staff for supporting this contest and helping with the development!

Sincerely Yours,

Zorro

Actually it's been June 1st in all of the world for more than 6 hours already. So in 20 hours it's not June 1st in any part of the world, it's June 2nd or even June 3rd in some places.

But you're the boss so I wont arguing. :pir-wink:

Actually it's been June 1st in all of the world for more than 6 hours already. So in 20 hours it's not June 1st in any part of the world, it's June 2nd or even June 3rd in some places.

But you're the boss so I wont arguing. :pir-wink:

- 10 points! :pir-laugh:

The more entries we have, the better, last time there were some members complaining the board didn't show the right time or something, so I wanted to overcome that problem this way.

Anyway, the definitive deadline has been set. Those who have to start building now are gonna be too late anyway :pir-wink: .

Don't move Zorro......I have to go re-size my pics, upload them etc. etc. etc. I'll barely make it :pir-grin:

Edited by Ratshot

There's the entry of Perfectionist missing.

Are these votings correct?

entry 1: 1Pt

entry 2: 1Pt

entry 3: 1Pt

entry 1: 2Pt

entry 2: 1Pt

Woody64

It seems I missed some entries, sorry for that, glad it was noticed before the actual voting begun.

Yes, you may vote like that. 3 Points in TOTAL per member, divide them as you please.

How long will the voting continue? I can't find any information about that.

Stupid me, just when I had posted I saw it. :pir-hmpf: Is it Sunday for sure?

Edited by PrEtzel

EDIT: It has been changed slightly, the voting will end on Saturdaynight 00:00, due to schedule reasons...

We have something good up our sleeves for that day as well!