Sign in to follow this  
The Librarian

MOC: A Tribute to the Monsters

Less happy with this lot. I didn't spend as much time planning them out. Oh well. At least I'm giving a chance to the black hats as well as the heroes.

monsterstogetherf.jpg

Once more, a full set of pics on flickr: here.

Enjoy!

I really like this set aswell, though I don't like the Rhakshi that much I am afraid. The other ones are great however!

Edited by The crazy one

These are a great lot of MOCs as well! I especially like the Slizer, Bohrok and Makuta's weapon.

On both these MOCs and the Toa, you're building with a great style that exaggerates the menace or boldness of the characters. You're lack of pieces isn't really noticeable either, and if it's what forced you to rebuild Bionicle elements out of Technic parts (such as the Piraka feet :thumbup: ), less pieces might be making your MOCs look better!

Thanks! Glad these have gone down well too!

These are a great lot of MOCs as well! I especially like the Slizer, Bohrok and Makuta's weapon.

On both these MOCs and the Toa, you're building with a great style that exaggerates the menace or boldness of the characters. You're lack of pieces isn't really noticeable either, and if it's what forced you to rebuild Bionicle elements out of Technic parts (such as the Piraka feet :thumbup: ), less pieces might be making your MOCs look better!

Well, it certainly forces invention! And I am fond of those feet...

And thanks, I'm glad I've managed to make them look good! Incidentally, I think that spear is the biggest weapon I've ever built for anything. Dratted thing's over a foot long!

That's amazing! Every single one of these is great, especially that Makuta! The red armour looks perfect on him. It's like a fashion show!

Some brilliant mocs. By the way, what gave you the inspiration for the Vahki body design and who was the last picture meant to be? :thumbup:

Some brilliant mocs. By the way, what gave you the inspiration for the Vahki body design and who was the last picture meant to be? :thumbup:

Cheers, glad you like them!

The 'Vahki' was more or less Rahkshi inspired. I replicated the body design I used for the Lehrak as far as possible and added the Vahki segments as I went along. It was one of those models that 'just happened'!

The last model in the set is a Makuta, although it's not really meant to be any one in particular. I don't have a Mask of Shadows, so I used the Onua Mistaka mask as a substitute. It looks about right to my mind.

Hey guys, not sure if it's appropriate to ask this (or where, for that matter), but can somebody help me build the Makuta Librarian made?

I've PM'd him about it and he couldn't remember but I had his blessing trying to figure it out.

Not having much luck trying to do this on my own and was wondering if you guys could help me, it's for a birthday present (no rush though, I've got plenty of time).

Thanks in advance!

Awesome Bohrok. I like Slizer a lot. Good idea about using the Vakama launcher. The Piraka is slightly creepy, but not as good as the others. I also think the Vahki. Whatever that thing after that is, it is awesome. The Rahkshi is really great. And that Makuta-thing is really awesome.

Great MOCs overall! I think my favourites are the Rahkshi and the Judge Slizer. I'd love to see your take on the Blaster Slizer.

I also like Makuta. The mask you picked is also a good alternative to his regular head.

I really love all of these, though again I love everything that is Bionicle these days. I especially like the Rahkshi, it looks very similar to the Rahkshi featured in the Bionicle Heros video game, possible inspiration perhaps? :laugh:

qCSD5l.jpg

Hey guys, not sure if it's appropriate to ask this (or where, for that matter), but can somebody help me build the Makuta Librarian made?

I've PM'd him about it and he couldn't remember but I had his blessing trying to figure it out.

Not having much luck trying to do this on my own and was wondering if you guys could help me, it's for a birthday present (no rush though, I've got plenty of time).

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

love the last one! the color scheme, weapon, head, and everything else are perfect ! :laugh: the second is like a revamped bohrok, and im a fan of classic bionicle.

Thanks in advance!

Still need help!

I'm actually really impressed. They look a lot like the originals, but still have small characteristics that show the originality.

I love the Bohrok's second pose, it looks great and intimidating (when I was little I always called the sets "chickens" because of that motion, but you have made it much better!)