Sign in to follow this  
gotoAndLego

Mid-Scale Republic Gunship & Dropship/AT-TE

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I started out with just the LAAT/i, but decided that a second version would be cool to make as well. These are the final MOCs. I don't really have a backstory because...well they're gunships. They sit around until they're needed to blow stuff up. I'll post better photos in a week or so.

4519066013_d95ef02eb2.jpg

4519064775_c47320115c.jpg

4519696354_0826e9df46.jpg

FLICKr Gallery

Edited by KimT

Nice job. When I first read that I thought you said 'I better put up photos in a week'

AWESOME MIDI's 'gotoAndLego' :grin: - love that gunship I do !!!! :wub:

Great designing - man you are good - we have another 'Legostein' have we ? :wink:

Awesome work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice MOCs! The only improvement I can think of is to flip the cockpits of the ships around, so the 2x2 slope is in front of the 1x1 cheese slopes :thumbup::classic:

Very nice!

The scale of the dropship is tad off, but otherwise, really really cool! Good work!

Awesome Midi's, I really like how you did the wings and the front nose, I would change the yellow though.

These are *awesome*. I'm a big fan of the LAAT/c and /i, I like how you kept TLG's color scheme too. I was wondering, can the dropship "sit" on its own? A picture of the two ships side by side would be awesome too.

These are *awesome*. I'm a big fan of the LAAT/c and /i, I like how you kept TLG's color scheme too. I was wondering, can the dropship "sit" on its own? A picture of the two ships side by side would be awesome too.

While it can sit alone I didn't really design it to. The arms that connect to the AT-TE rotate back on their single pins. The back will be propped up on the black triangular technic connector, but its not long enough to keep the /c sitting level. Making the connecting arm a structural element really bulks it up which throws off its already questionable proportions.

Wow, cool MOCs! These vehicles look great in midi-scale, especially the LAAT/c with AT-TE! :wub:

Any chance of comparisons with the minifig-scale official sets / the mini sets? :sweet:

Wow, cool MOCs! These vehicles look great in midi-scale, especially the LAAT/c with AT-TE! :wub:

Any chance of comparisons with the minifig-scale official sets / the mini sets? :sweet:

I have the system gunship and my mids are little less than half. I can't take photos as its disassembled to be turned into a dropship to carry my 7675.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Great work :thumbup:

Now if you would be so kind as to do individual shots of the gunship, the dropship and the AT-TE, then I'd be a very happy man.

This is perfect examples of why midi scale is a great scale to build.

Thanks for sharing and to all the non-believers " :tongue: "

I am not a fan at all of TLC creating midi-scale ships.

But seeing them in MOC´s is awesome!

Your three ships truley looks amazing, and I think you captured them very good to how they look IRL :grin:

As KimT said, individual pictures please.

That might be what you thought will come together with the story.

Wonderful MOCs, I guess my personal favourite is the AT-TE, it just looks right.

One question though: Is the connection between the AT-TE and the LAAT/c strong enough to hold the AT-TE when you pick the dropship up?

Awesome!

They are like mini's but not as mini :laugh:

You really nailed these, I mean they look exact if you ask me. I'm wondering how big it actually is, compared to the original.

Whoa...just...WHOA! Those are great, especially because those are my 3 favorite vehicles! Keep doing more! :thumbup:

-Santhor

Awesome!

They are like mini's but not as mini :laugh:

You really nailed these, I mean they look exact if you ask me. I'm wondering how big it actually is, compared to the original.

Yeeeees! That would be why it's called midiscale :tongue:

And yes comparison pics would also be great.

Yeeeees! That would be why it's called midiscale :tongue:

:grin:

I'd buy one of these.

Wonderful MOCs you have there, gotoAndLego. The LAAT/i looks just about perfect.

One question though: Is the connection between the AT-TE and the LAAT/c strong enough to hold the AT-TE when you pick the dropship up?

That was my first question when I saw the LAAT/c.

Thanks guys, wow front-paged. I'll post new photos towards the beginning of next week.

I can carry the combo around without concern. I cheated the connection with this. You can see them in the first LAAT/c photo. The arms and white dish are not structural, and I can pull the pins, topped with the yellow technic washer, and separate the two.

you seem to have gotten some ideas from me?

Maybe for a bit of the neck, but that's like saying everyone who does a Star destroyer has to credit TLG because they used an internal frame and slanted plates and wings. My first version of the white sides had some convoluted bracket and turntable method of connection which I replaced with the tried and true technic bar/blue pin technique.

Hopefully you don't feel I aped yours without credit, my apologies if you do.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Great models, although I can't say I like the white feet of the AT-TE. Did you choose that color for any particular reason?

Great work! Nice, accurate, solid looking midi-models... and unlike minifig scale takes up a fraction of the space (now an issue in my household)!

I'm intrigued to see what other creations you bring to the table. :wink:

Great! Unfortunately, I haven't and won't get either of the sets. I wish this was an official set, it'd be good for budgets. :tongue:

The proportions seem a bit off...

Personally I think they're all very cute :wub: I like the way you made the feet on the AT-TE, in spite of the fact that they're white. Perhaps you could replicate the technique in a larger scale? =)

I wish LEGO would make more midi-scale sets like these!!!