Sign in to follow this  
Ricecracker

Dystopia Mafia - Sign-up!

4415036130_a4760c3e0c_o.jpg

High above the Pacific Ocean, Flight 518 is making it’s way towards Tokyo, Japan from Carlsbad, California.

4288613719_290dbea1e4.jpg

Many passengers are aboard, some sleeping, others listening to music or reading, and others still whispering to their neighbors.

4417930507_70e8fff0c3.jpg

Suddenly, the entire plane rocks. Napping passengers are suddenly awoken as the PA is turned on and the Captain's voice is heard.

4418698714_08e5b0c92c.jpg

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking, please remain seated. We’ve hit some slight turbulence, and are trying to sort the matter out. The “fasten seatbelt” sign has now been lit.”

The passengers hurriedly whisper to each other, some praying or looking out the window.

The plane rocks again, this time the turbulence is more intense. As some people yell and panic, the PA is turned on again.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please remain calm. The staff are trained should anything happen”, says the pilot.

One passenger on the far left of the aisle near the wing peers out the window. The hum of the engines can be heard.

4418698500_6827e57b00.jpg

The plane shakes again, even more intense than the time before. Yet again, the PA is turned on.

“Please, ladies and gentlemen, remain seated. We are going to be alri- t- hhh- chhhh-“

The PA statics in and out, and an explosion is heard. The soft hum of engines is quieter, and as the passenger looks out the window again, he can see flames coming from the far side of the wing!

4417930777_08071caf27.jpg

People are screaming now, some scrambling out of their seats in desperate attempt to find a parachute, while others grip their seat cushions tightly. Lights flicker on and off, and the plane begins to tip forward, rapidly descending.

A few desperate passengers open a hatch and jump out. Unfortunately they did not realize that they were still at least 6,000 feet in the air, and had nothing but ocean beneath them. One or two fell to their doom.

The plane was still falling, and people were holding on to anything they could for dear life. 4,000 feet, 3,000, 2,000… the plane was now less than 1,000 feet above sea level.

Then, in a split second, it crashed. Crumpling from the impact, the plane broke into many pieces, bodies and scrap metal flying every which way.

4471375026_d681aab36b.jpg

The passengers and staff experienced a blur of water, sky, and… land!? Many still onbard did not survive the impact, and more drowned in the confusion.

4470543921_d9a52e8cee.jpg

The survivors who gained their bearings quickly swam to shore, not yet aware that they were extremely fortunate to crash near land. No, it wasn’t the Japanese coastline they were hoping for. It was an island.

4465571077_0fe35c6476.jpg

If you are interested in participating, please show your interest by posting in this topic within the next 4 days. A group of 21 players will then be selected from those interested, and will be given roles within the game. Selections are final, and are not to be disputed. Only sign up if you are willing to make the time commitment to post every day and be an active player for the duration of your time in the game (expected game length is approximately 2 months). If you sign up and do not participate, you will be unlikely to be considered for future games. This game will be a rather complex version of Mafia, so if you are new to the game and not confident yet it is suggested you watch this game and read up on previous games to get an idea for how it is played.

Please put me in! I need to restore my honor after my flame out in the ISM. Please. Plus, I speak Japanese and have been to Tokyo lots and California too! :grin:

Woohoo first one(damn you Def :tongue: )!

Sign me up Cracker!

Now that IS Mafia is finished :classic: Im itching to play!

Edited by Roncanator

I would love to play of course. :sweet: Looking forward to seeing how this goes, it looks like great fun.

My eye doctor said I had dystopia once, but some drops cleared it right up.

Count me in! :thumbup:

Yes! Been waiting quite a while for this thread! :sweet: I've followed 3 mafia games and a mystery and read up on a couple of previous ones, and I think I'm ready to try out my first mafia-stery. Sign me up!

Edited by CallMePie

Hooray! An exciting new Mafia game experience. I think I'm ready for the challenge of a "more complex" game, since I actively followed 3 games and played in one. (Plus, I played Mafia at a party last weekend and won as scum. :grin: ) Sign me up!

Thanks for considering me to play!

I will like to be part of this experience.. :sweet:

I wonder if we'll find any chandeliers. :look:

:laugh:

I wonder if we'll find any chandeliers. :look:

:laugh:

Don't be so Grim Shadows, we're more likely to find potatoes on this... island.

Oh yes... please, I'd like to play. :sweet: I got the hang of Mafia games after ISM.

Yay, it's here! As a big fan of both Survivor and Lost, I simply must get into this game. So sign me up, please! :grin:

Count me in!

I loved that introduction by the way. Reminds me of when I used to watch Air Crash Investigation. That show was pretty good - disturbing, but very interesting.

~A.S.

Excellent introduction, really had me pulled into the story. :thumbup:

I would love to be in Dystopia Mafia, I know how to play and can be committed to it for as long as it needs. I have been in a few mafia games in the past so Im sure I can be trusted to play too. Anyway looking forward to seeing how the game goes.

Edited by Eskallon

Being a sucker for dystopian settings I'd love to play this :sweet: (though I'm not sure it's dystopian enough.. yet :devil:)

I'd like to play.

I know I said Imperial Soldiers Mafia was going to be my last, but, it technically didn't finish. :look:

Cool introduction :thumbup: ! I'm a massive Lost aficionado, and would love the chance to play Dystopia mafia!

I know I said Imperial Soldiers Mafia was going to be my last, but, it technically didn't finish

My dear Bob, you not leaving us are you? :look:

JUUUST... Sit right back and you'll hear a tale.... A tale of a fateful trip!

(It was too tempting not to do :tongue::wink: )

Sign me up!

I'd love to take part in this mafia game. :sweet: Sounds very interesting...

on a magical island, and nobody knows where they are... :grin:

~Peace

Sign me up! :wub:

I've been watching the progress of several mafia games here on EB, but never been selected to be in one myself, but I do have a good grasp of the concept and the rules! :classic: