Hi there!

As a LDD user, I can't but wonder what is Lego up to with LDD. I've heard rumours about the parts availability for LDD (and consequently PAB) being radically expanded when Lego Universe goes online (something about being able to buy the models you make in game). Is this true? Will the part selection be expanded? If so, when can we expect that? Does Lego has plan for "unlocking" the hidden parts in LDD, or will you leave it for moders like Bojan? BTW, will you sanctify Bojan's MOD?

Just wanted to get some feedback from the other side of the curtain...

Scorpion

Hopefully there will be more parts when LU comes out, but we'll just have to wait and see.

On the design by me news page, it says that they are removing pieces, adding 34 Atlantis pieces "surprising" standard palette pieces. I am upset about the pieces they are removing, as I used some of them frequently.

Sounds interesting, but I don't see the point of removing all those pieces.

Keep in mind that as far as virtual building goes, all the parts stay in the program, once you turn off the palette filter. for being able to order or not, yeah it's a pain to lose them. wow those are some essentials...

It'd be awesome to have a dedicated "all parts, all colors" palette (for both mac and pc versions). they had that before the original lego factory contest.. then the major new version came out and we haven't had anything like it since (till the mod)

and all I know about the Universe parts is that Ldraw has a list of them to polish up.

At the end of the day Lego company is a business and will do what it has to do to make money. I guess they believe by removing pieces and adding new ones it will encourage more people to make new models and buy through design by me.

At the end of the day Lego company is a business and will do what it has to do to make money. I guess they believe by removing pieces and adding new ones it will encourage more people to make new models and buy through design by me.

Spot on Shroud! The target group for LDD is not AFOLs, but kids, and kids wan't to have cool elements like Atlantis stuff, swords etc. And at the same time there needs to be standard bricks to build houses, so it's a balance.

However, I'm hoping that with the new LDD mod due out soon making all bricks and colors available, LDD will become a prefered tool also for AFOLs. Personally I think it's superior when making scetches and design studies for new MOC's (that I then build with physical Lego).