Sign in to follow this  
Robinson

Fort Attay

Nice little fort Robinson. The rock looks nice indeed but you have forgotten one very important thing, hasnt every fort has usually a cannon? Of course, it does not have to be but it would give it a real look

Captain Becker

There are some cool techniques going on here! I like the rock structure, the tile water and the wooden roof.

A few suggestions if I may- for the rocks- I would maybe try to blend some dark bluish gray into the light bluish gray on the rocks for a cool effect.

I would also be tempted to add another color into the white fortress to break it up a bit. I am guilty of using too much white myself from time to time. I find that both tan and light bluish grey work really well to break-up the "whiteness" and still keep the build looking cohesive.

A nice fort, makes me think a bit at Sabre Island, but then elevated on rocks :thumbup: !

A cannon would obviously be nice, although not needed, it could be a scouting post as well.

Really nice!

I especially like the window, how you created that little angle by using the inverted slop brick. Really simple but clever technique, and the flowers make it look really nice, too!

Impressive work.

regards,

Will/Rocketbilly

Nice fort. I like your design and some techniques you used. The torch looks great. I think it needs a cannon though. They are just asking for trouble having a fort with no cannon.

I agree with the others that a cannon would be nice, I'd also put one of the tower guards in the archway, for some reason the 2 of them in the tower look awkward.

Overall its a great first time cliff-fort combination, good job :pir-classic:

Thank you very much for all these comments. I'm very glad to see criticism and good comments. I try to develop my designer skills and your comments are very important for me.

I think I should add some different color to my fort's wall to get real old wall effect and try to add cannons to be a real fort.

Maybe I can do some changes in the days to come .

Thanks a lot.