Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

New Train pieces

Thanks to Wolf04's post I'll definitely pass on the new passenger train.

What looked promising at first sight looks horrible in the picture: the roof seems to be one piece instead of a few of 2x4x1&1/3 brick with curved top.

Also, trains used to be 5 bricks "high". 4511 was the first 4-brick-high train, and the new passenger train is only 3 bricks high with a higher roof. While this may look more like a real ICE it calls for new roof pieces.

Too bad. A definite "no buy" for me.

i think the ice train's front section looks like cheap plastic...

i guess the rest is ok...

I think its too bad that TLC uses the top part of the "escape pod" as the wagon's roof part !!! I have nothing against in the mid section but on the side of the wagon it doesn't look that great !!!

Oh well, its still a nice train !!!

Sne I think the front is "like" the new airplanes: it looks way better in real than in pictures !!

Yoda

I think its too bad that TLC uses the top part of the "escape pod" as the wagon's roof part !!! I have nothing against in the mid section but on the side of the wagon it doesn't look that great !!!

Oh well, its still a nice train !!!

Sne I think the front is "like" the new airplanes: it looks way better in real than in pictures !!

Yoda

thought these roof parts were from the airplane, or is that the same part? I do like them tho. they could be usefull for a space ship...

Sne, like I wrote its the escape pod part top from the Falcon set for ex.

On BL its called "Container, Tank top 8 x 6 x 2 with rounded sides and end connect holes"

Here is the link

And here is a pic :

Yoda

post-255-1140784758_thumb.jpg

If this is the roof part of the train then there's no head room for the MFs - the waggons are only three bricks high?!

Or is it a kid's train, as in "Transporting MF kids only"? :dry:

Sure its 3 and 1/3 high but the problem would be at the connections with the roof parts, you cannot benefit from the 2 studs there :wink:

So Sne and Hobbes are both exact hehe :tongue:

Yoda

Mhm, on the outside the train is/looks like 5 high, but the roof part isn't "hollow". So the "ceiling" starts right above the windows - which makes the inside 3 high...

The trans-black part looks "hollow", though...

Mhm, on the outside the train is/looks like 5 high, but the roof part isn't "hollow". So the "ceiling" starts right above the windows - which makes the inside 3 high...

The trans-black part looks "hollow", though...

really? i can't find the part right now, but i do think it's hollow... if not we're screwed... :ohmy:

really? i can't find the part right now, but i do think it's hollow... if not we're screwed... :ohmy:

Um... I don't have that part, I just assumed it isn't hollow cos it looks like it from yoda's pic. Shame on me if I jumped to a false conclusion, it's just that I'm not too happy with the use of that part :$

I should've thought it'd be rather flagrantly obvious since the first pics that those were NOT the curved bricks. :p Though I did think they were the plane pieces at first.

Yes, they are the escape pod pieces like they say, and there are walls on the ends, and they're hollow in the middle, for headroom. So the minifigs need to watch out for those "support beams." :D

-Stefan-

Yes, they are the escape pod pieces like they say, and there are walls on the ends, and they're hollow in the middle, for headroom. So the minifigs need to watch out for those "support beams." :D

Thanks for clearing this up :smile:

I think this is the new trend.

It used to be as many blocky parts as it took to make a shape and have it resemble something.

Now it is how can we make this look cool with very few pieces.

It isn't like the former parts like castle walls or burps but new designs are making complete deviations. If you like models for display or looks many of the newer sets will be perfect. If you like them for play or layouts they may not be so great.