Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

Announcing a NEW Reviewer's Academy Initiative

logo-academy-v3.png

Dear Eurobricks Members,

As our beloved site continues to grow and expand, so too does the team that brings you the best and the brightest LEGO set reviews in the whole AFOL community! We Teachers are committed to making the Reviewer's Academy as inclusive as possible, so with that in mind I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Teacher's Pet program. Here's the deal, in summary:

'Teacher's Pets are those who are keenly interested in the reviewing process but don't have the energy or time to commit to the full 9-review intensive grading process. By signing up to be a Teacher's Pet, you will gain an exclusive 'Apple' tag and be required to cross-check a Teacher's grading in ordinary reviews. For example, point out where the Teacher may have missed a dark-edged photo or made an inadvertent spelling error. Teacher's Pets will provide an invaluable service in ensuring 100% quality reviews are produced by the Academy. Sign up today! As a pilot program, the Teacher's Pet scheme is subject to revision at any time.'

This is a great way for your voice to be heard!

As this is a trial, places are limited to 20 sign-ups at the moment. We have 10 red apple tags and 10 green apple tags to give to those who are ready to take the first step. Simply post in this thread with the words 'I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!', state your preference for a coloured tag, and we will be in touch with more details very shortly.

Here are the tags:

Red apple:

teacherspet-tag.png

Green apple:

teacherspetgreen-tag.png

Thanks!

Indeed, I foresee that the Teacher's Pet System will greatly increase the quality of our reviews. I look forward to seeing who can help us out with this!

I would like to sign up for this as I always notice small errors, but first, a question: What if I decide that I want to keep on reviewing? :look:

Of course, this could be another cunning April Fool's joke set by the staff/teachers - I've never seen tags just given away like this :hmpf:

Edited by ILikePi

I would like to sign up for this as I always notice small errors, but first, a question: What if I want to also keep on reviewing? :look:

It's designed as an intro course so you're probably too far along... it's not envisaged that you do both programs at once.

I'm not positive if this isn't a joke but the concept of it is pretty good. The teachers here are very good and I don't believe I've ever seen something wrong in a RA Approved review. I personally think my camera is too bad for the RA. I'm wanting to contribute to EB, I already do the Straight shooter's List but some more wouldn't hurt me at all. "I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!" if this program is true. Green is better than red in my opinion. :tongue:

Edited by JCC1004

It's designed as an intro course so you're probably too far along... it's not envisaged that you do both programs at once.
Ahh, thanks for the info. Please ignore my first post...

Thanks JCC! :sweet:

We'll wait for more shows of interest before posting any more info.

I am ready to become a teachers pet!

Even though I have earned up to a Silver Tag and am only 1/8th of a review away from becoming a teacher myself, I am willing to give up doing any reviews of my own to become a Teachers Pet and just help. I think I can be of great assistance in that way. :grin:

Pweasey Sveltey can I have a green apple? I will bake you a delicious pie with it. :wub:

Hmm, I didn't realise that there would be interest from current enrolees :sceptic:

On the other hand, it has been almost a year since you did your 8th review...

I will have to confer with the other Teachers. At the very least, I don't think you can have both a silver tag and an apple. You may have to choose between them.

Knowing far too well just how overburdened Academy Teachers can sometimes get with new members eager to post their reviews and receive an assessment on those ASAP, I can only look at this as a brilliant idea indeed. Not to mention the fact that being a proud apple-bearer should instantly alert other members that Teacher's Pets know their stuff when it comes to precise evaluation of situations, hence they should not be messed around with, especially if they are in a pet.

Besides, in the future this can easily be considered the Reviewers' Academy very own VIP Program.

[by-the-books-signup]

I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!

My preference is red.

[/by-the-books-signup]

I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!

My preference is green.

Knowing far too well just how overburdened Academy Teachers can sometimes get with new members eager to post their reviews and receive an assessment on those ASAP, I can only look at this as a brilliant idea indeed. Not to mention the fact that being a proud apple-bearer should instantly alert other members that Teacher's Pets know their stuff when it comes to precise evaluation of situations, hence they should not be messed around with, especially if they are in a pet.

Besides, in the future this can easily be considered the Reviewers' Academy very own VIP Program.

Ruh Roh, I think this is a hint.

"Apple-less Academy Absentee"

So are we going to be paired up with a teacher? What about the brief donning Def? Or the soft as velvet Svelte? What about Santa Clause himself? What about the magical disappearing Inky? :oh:

So are we going to be paired up with a teacher? What about the brief donning Def? Or the soft as velvet Svelte? What about Santa Clause himself? What about the magical disappearing Inky? :oh:

In time, this is a brand new program.

If it'll make a difference, I'll take you under my wing :wink:

Can I join this new program?

I would love to take part and I am surprisingly good at pointing out mistakes in other peoples work and not my own. :tongue:

If you allow me to enter I would love the red tag.

Burman.

I would love to take part and I am surprisingly good at pointing out mistakes in other peoples work and not my own. :tongue:

There never seems to be a shortage of people like that... :grin: Enjoy your apple and make all those RA reviews even better :wink:

Okay, so do you have to be in the RA to join? And all we do is follow our "teacher" around looking for mistakes? If so I want to be a Teacher's Pet. If I can, can I have a green one :classic:

This seems perfect. I'd like to sign up. Don't have the time (or the camera) to actually make decent reviews, but I know what the actual content should be.

This seems perfect. I'd like to sign up. Don't have the time (or the camera) to actually make decent reviews, but I know what the actual content should be.

Well, that's not a very promising start if you can't follow a direct request and say what colour tag you want :wink: Attention to detail is key for a Teacher's Pet! :laugh:

Ah. :blush: Well, in that case, red. "I'm ready to become a a Teacher's Pet!"

Also, as JCC mentioned last page, are we going to be Pets to a specific teacher, or do we get free roam on any reviews by an Academy member/student?

Edited by CallMePie

Im ready to become a teachers pet!

Im preference is red. green ( :blush: Sorry changed my mind)

I know how to make a great review but I dont have the time to sit down and take decent pictures then edit them. So I think this will be good for me :classic:

Edited by Roncanator

From a student's perspective, I think this a GREAT idea. However I do have one question. Will the Pets be able to view the teachers' forum or will they only be let in the regular forum.