Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

"TTools v2.0" Review by Nico71 on BrickTruckTrial.com

Over on BrickTruckTrial.com , "Nico71" just posted an interesting review of the online web software "TTools v2.0" : http://www.bricktrucktrial.com/article.php3?id_article=168 . He writes:

"This web-software allows you to calculate some usefull data which are:

•-Linear speed (max and in charge)

•-Torque (in charge and max)

•-Mechanical power (on motor, on wheels) :vader:

•-Electrical power

•-Lost power (mechanical and electrical)

•-Efficiency (motors and drivetrain)

•-General efficiency of the vehicle

•-Autonomy (normal use and in charge)

•-Useful angles (approach, departure and clearance)" :wacko:

There's a lot more info, so be sure to check out the complete article. If you click on the same image below that appears IN THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE, you'll connect directly to Nico71's website ( http://nicolas.lespour.free.fr/_content/ttools.html ) that hosts the TTools v2.0 online software. Play around with the data and see how the variables change your MOC. Thanks, Nico71! :thumbup:

TToolsapercu-2-2efce.jpg

Gotta check this out!

EDIT: Okay i played arround with the program. I think we need one more dimension for center high point, because most trucks are higher in center than by axles. Also ability to put more toothgears one after another would be nice to calculate efficiency of the driveline.

Edited by Zblj

Hello. I am the author of TTools.

Thanks to review my software dluders. I am proud to appear on Eurobrick's forum.

@Zblj : for the dimension, the highter point of truck (in the midle) is the dimension "b". I suppose that you consider this dimension as the diameter because the schematics isn't very clear but it's the ground clearance, not the diameter. I am sure of the calculation of ground clearance angle (2 dimensions and only 2).

Also ability to put more toothgears one after another would be nice to calculate efficiency of the driveline.

For toothgears, you mean gears in general ? On the software, you can choose 14 gears (7 couple of gears pinion). The efficiency functions of all the gears. The software calculates the number of worm gear, spur gear, knob gear and calculate the efficiency in consequence.

I hope I respond to your question ;)

As I said on Brick Truck Trial :

At the moment, it’s too complicate to calculate the climbing abilities angle, causes lot of complicated values (wheel, grip, weight distribution, type of constructions, bearing systems friction and roll friction).

But I think about it. :classic:

A work also on a software to calculate power and torque of Lego pneumatic engine.

Also, I will present myself soon, sorry for the moderator if I have posted my first post without be presented. ;)

thx nico71, but what with 6x6, 8x8 and other drive configurations?

<joke>And Power lost width lubricant on gears and knobs? :P</joke>

6x6 or 4x4, it's in fact the same things for the mechanical power.

For the angle, in wheel base dimension, you should to put the dimensions betwen the two central wheels

For 4x4 :

A----B (Letter mean wheel) : distance AB

For 6x6

A-B---C or A---B-C : distance BC in the first case and AB in the second case.

For 8x8

A-B--C-D : distance BC

etc.

Do you understand ?

I will uplaod a picture on the software to include 6x6 and 8x8, it will be more clear ;)

For the lubricant, On the worm, it affect the efficiency, it increases the inficiency from 0.35 to 0.50

Edited by nico71