Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

MINI BTL-B Y-Wing

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello dear community!

As some of you may have noticed, my presence on these fine boards was very limited during the last weeks. I might not be able to post that many new models in the near future. Due to my difficult real life situtaion with finishing university, starting a new job starting soon, house moving, I feel quite burned out. The pressure from all sides is more that I can handle. Hence I won't have much time for our all favourite hobby. I am sorry should I disappoint you. :sad:

--------------------

Today, there's fortunately some time left to show you a new model. It's the BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter from the Clone Wars animated TV series. The BTL-B is different from the successor models BTL-S3 and BTL-A4 which you know from the Rebellion Era. The older version has fully covered engines and a dome for the gun tower.

The bricked model uses a SNOT technique, allowing the attchment of 1x3 and 1x4 curved slopes which resemble the sleek curves of the design. While the 1x4 curved slopes are attched from the outside to give the rounded front wedge section with the cockpit, the 1x3 cruved slopes are attached from the inside to give the support for the engine fuselage. :classic:

As BrickShelf is again very slow in updating, I'll post all images here. Instructions can be found directly on http://sw.deckdesigns.de. I will of course provide the BrickShelf gallery link once moderated. :classic:

y-wing-btl-b-1.jpg

y-wing-btl-b-2.jpg

y-wing-btl-b-3.jpg

y-wing-btl-b-4.jpg

y-wing-btl-b-5.jpg

--------------------

With that I am done for today. Thank you for your interest and stepping by. :classic:

Take care all,

Christopher

Edited by KimT

Outstanding!

Agreed!

In my opinion this beauty is one of your best MINIs ever! :cry_happy: The proportions and the details are just outstanding. Thanks, legostein, you made my day! :classic:

Another awesome mini Legostein!

You have captured the model very good. It´s very sleek and beutiful.

Now correct me all SW nerds out there, but the yellow one is Anakins Y-Wing, right?

I have seen ones in darkred in the CW series as well. Does those yellow pieces exists in darkred as well?

You could easily make another one as well then. Would like to see a red one if you could find the time later on.

Good luck with everything in your personal life Christopher :thumbup:

Anoher great mini Legostein.

Take your time and make sure real life is done first and then your hobby second.

We can wait for more to come, if not, there's always all the other minis you've done that we can look at.

Thanks again for sharing your work :thumbup:

AWESOME 'Legostein' smegging awesome ! :grin:

You have caught as much detail as you can to make a mini Y-wing - FANTASTIC !

I'm a conformist! 'Legostein' really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Wonderful model, it captures the sleek lines of the original very well.

Now correct me all SW nerds out there, but the yellow one is Anakins Y-Wing, right?

I have seen ones in darkred in the CW series as well. Does those yellow pieces exists in darkred as well?

The yellow and white Y-Wings are from Anakin's Gold Squadron and are seen attacking the Malevolence. This model here is in the colour scheme of Anakin's personal ship, Gold 1. The other fighters of the squadron have a slightly different pattern, but it should be possible to recreate that as well.

Dark red Y-Wings were in "Landing at Point Rain", and, according to the Star Wars website they were a homage to the original (red) markings on the Y-Wings in Episode IV. Here is a picture of the dark red CW Y-Wing: cw_red.jpg

I guess it should be possible to build the model in this colour scheme, or at least with standard red.

Spot on. So similar tot he Y-wing, but so different, adn you nailed it. Chaulk this up as one more mini for the master.

Wow. You really captured the shape and feeling of the ship. I'm always impressed with your stuff, and this tops that. :wub:

I love it!!! I would never think of connecting the binoculars that way pure lego genius :thumbup: .

Legostein, I really appreciate your work, absolutely amazing. As Palms said, the way you have connected the binoculars is just genius. I'm always excited when I see you have posted a new topic, just to see what kind of ways you have found to connect the bricks...

Thank you.