Sign in to follow this  
dabulls03

REVIEW: 7569 Desert Attack

It's not often that I get the opportunity to be the first person to review a set here on Eurobricks, so when I saw that my local TRU had all of the new Prince of Persia sets, I decided to pick up a couple that hadn't been reviewed yet. :classic:

It has been a while since I reviewed a set, so forgive me if my review isn't quite up to par. (Also, sorry in advance for the

poor lighting on the pictures :sceptic:)

Review 1: Desert Attack

Set Information

Set Number: 7569

Set Line: Prince of Persia The Sands of Time

Pieces: 57

Minifigs: 3 (plus one skeleton)

Animals: 1 horse

Cost: $10.99 US

Release Date: April 2010

The Box

Box Front

legopop_001.jpg

Box Back

legopop_002.jpg

Contents

legopop_003.jpg

Inside we find two bags, a horse, a dark tan bush, and the instruction sheet.

Instructions:Random Page

legopop_004.jpg

The MiniFigures

The minifigs are definitly the reason to get this set. They are incredibly detailed and a must have for PoP collectors. This set in particular showcases the new weapons and accessories featured in the Prince of Persia line.

Hassassin #1

Front

legopop_009.jpg

Back

legopop_010.jpg

Front without head wrap

legopop_011.jpg

Hasssassin #2

Front

legopop_012.jpg

Back

legopop_013.jpg

Front without head wrap

legopop_014.jpg

Dastan

Front

legopop_015.jpg

Back (featuring double sided head expression)

legopop_016.jpg

Horse

Another reason this set is a must have is the beautiful horse. It is heavily printed with sand blue and gold.

With Saddle

legopop_017.jpg

Without Saddle

legopop_018.jpg

Saddle Alone (Yes, it is sand blue. Unfortunately the lighting makes it look dark bley... :classic:)

legopop_019.jpg

The Build

Not much to see here folks...

Pieces of interest

legopop_005.jpg

Of course the exclusive dark tan bush, as well as some dark tan plates and slopes. The spear is Dark Brown, and the vegitation is dark bley.

Final Product

legopop_007.jpg

The ONLY play feature

legopop_008.jpg

Isn't that nice? Some hidden jewels for the kiddies. But what do you expect in a set this size?

Extra Pieces

legopop_006.jpg

Hurray! An extra attachable claw!

Final Thoughts

For what it's worth, it's a good little set. Great minifigs and some nice rare pieces. Again, there isn't much more to be expected from a set this size.

Rating

Minifigs 10/10 By now everyone should know how outstanding the minfigs are in the Prince of Persia line, and this set is no exception. The set includes great new weapons and accessories and amazing front and back printings on the figs.

Build 5/10 There isn't a whole lot you can do with 57 pieces, but the rare parts and minifigs make up for it.

Pieces 9/10 For a set this size, it has an great selection of rare, useful pieces.

Price 8/10 I'm not one to whine about price, but 57 pieces for 10.99 isn't too fair. However, you do get a lot of rare pieces

Playability 7/10 Dastan can be ambushed by the Hassassins and find the secret treasure. That's about it.

Overall 39/50 Not too bad at all. I would definitly recommend this set for PoP fans.

Don't forget to comment!

Also, look for my review of Fight for the Dagger coming soon. :classic:

Ooh! Another first review! Thanks, dabulls03, for getting us this informative rundown of the set.

I for one, don't particularly care for this set. It's like a battle pack, except that it only has three minifigs. The rare parts and minifigs are interesting, but I don't find them quite worth the price.

Also, I have a Fight for the Dagger coming in the mail, so I either look forward to seeing yours, or to getting mine out first. :devil:

Awesome insight into the set, thanks again!

Thanks for the review! Looks like I need to head to TRU tomorrow (hopefully these are BOGO). I'm really liking the spiky shoulder armor and the horse.

Ooh, so it's officially an old floppy-armed skeleton!

While I would gladly have taken another enemy minifig, the skeleton's great too as I don't have the original old-armed skeleton.

I assembled this set yesterday and it's bloody fantastic. Nice minifigs, so many cool pieces, nice colours, epic horse, and my favourite - old skelly !!

My rate would be 5/5. :knight:

One of them Hassansins has orange eyebrows and a black beard. :wacko:

Like some minifigures form Star Wars Clone Wars,i think.

The set is very bad for the price,but it have many good pieces,like bush,minifigure accessories and some tan and dark tan.

Thanks for the review dabulls03! :classic: This is a set I'll definintely be purchasing, those claws will be great for certain custom figs and theo verall minifigs and pieces for this are delightful! That tan bush is very neat too.

Batbrick Catbus! :wacko:

Thanks dabulls03 for reviewing this set!

This is probably the set I'm the least interested in of the PoP line,but it's still a must buy because of the horse and the dark tan bush. The figures are also nice, I like that the torsos are fairly generic and can be used for other types of figs too, like soldiers or civilians. I also love the new turban, it looks really nice :thumbup: The return of the old skeleton is also good, I'm not to fond of the one with droid arms.

To bad the set doesn't include any pieces with the new colour, I think they should use it more since they have spend so much money in making a new colour.

I give the set a 3 out of 5, a good and nice set that has it's pros and cons but I like it. The price is the main reason for not giving it a 4, here in Sweden these battle pack-sized sets costs over $20 and that is really bad for only 57 pieces. I'll probably end up with 1 or 2 anyway but I might also use BrickLink to save money.

Edited by Etzel

Nice review, the iamges could use some work but the set looks cool. I'm assuming it's the baseline of the indie sets, almost like a battle pack. I think this is definetaly worth the price.

Thanks for the review.

Great reveiw. Pictures could use a little brightening, but they still work nicely.

This is the one PoP set I know I'll be getting. The hoods will work nicely for the two Death Eaters I'm going to make, Dastan's hair piece will work great for another minifigure I'm planning, and the flesh-toned pieces will work nicely for some other custom Harry Potter themed minifigures. Not sure what I'll do witht he horse, but I'm sure I'll find something.

THe set looks great. i ordered two of them. Might get some more later on.

Hey! I was going to review this! (I'm getting it this afternoon). Oh well, you probably did a better job than I would have anyway. Nice to have a closer look at the minifigures.

This set has to viewed as a 'battlepack' set, you get some nice MiniFig's and a handfull of bricks which can be arranged to resemble something. For me the printed horse (which looks stunning), more than makes up that we only get three MiniFig's (i dont count skeleton as one!). The dark tan bush is just the iceing on the cake. Another must buy as soon as I can!

Thanks for the quick review dabulls03. I hope the Lego store has these in the next days. The claws looks good for a wolverine minifigure. The darktan bush will be good for desert mocs.

thanks for the review!

i really like the head piece of the 2nd assassin.

Can't wait until they're available. will look for offers shipping to me or do some shopping holidays in uk or else.

Thanks for the great review!

I´ll get this set for sure.

Can´t wait for a review of the other sets that havn´t been reviewed.

I'm oing to get at least 4 of these, mostly for the horses but also for the great figs, and the sword holder, and the treasure. (Too many good things :pir_laugh2: )

Thank you for the review, it was very informative :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I didn't realize how close I was to not being the first person to review this set.

Once again I apologize for the poor lighting on the photos. My next review should have better quality photos.

Also, I have a Fight for the Dagger coming in the mail, so I either look forward to seeing yours, or to getting mine out first. :devil:

Unfortunatley for you I think I'm going to beat you to it. :devil: My review should be up tonight.

This is an excellent little $10 (USD) set. I love the figs, especially the faces and the torsos. The horse is very nice with the new custom print job, and it has a few little extras. Thanks for sharing the early review.

A very good review. Nice to be first sometimes :wink:

Good amont of pictures covering the set very good.

Sure the pictures are a little dark, but they are of good quality.