Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Queens' Quest Chapter III: Ambitions

Greetings again! After a short hiatus, the Queens' Quest is back on. I have to apologize for the delay of this comic, I really don't have any excuses beyond the fact that this chapter required many MOCs to build. It was fun, but time-consuming.

This chapter has a lot of things going on in it, so I won't prattle on but let you find them out yourselves. I do hope you enjoy it!

QQIII.jpg

QQIII1.jpg

QQIII2.jpg

QQIII3.jpg

QQIII4.jpg

QQIII5.jpg

QQIII6.jpg

QQIII7.jpg

QQIII8.jpg

QQIII9.jpg

QQIII10.jpg

QQIII11.jpg

QQIII12.jpg

QQIII13.jpg

QQIII14.jpg

QQIII15.jpg

QQIII16.jpg

QQIII17.jpg

QQIII18.jpg

QQIII19.jpg

QQIII20.jpg

QQIII21.jpg

QQIII22.jpg

QQIII23.jpg

QQIII24.jpg

QQIII25.jpg

QQIII26.jpg

QQIII27.jpg

QQIII28.jpg

QQIII29.jpg

QQIII30.jpg

QQIII31.jpg

QQIII32.jpg

QQIII33.jpg

QQIII34.jpg

QQIII35.jpg

As always, all feedback is much appreciated. I'm doing this comic for you just as much as I'm doing it for myself, after all.

Fourth chapter will return to Queen Beatrix as she heads to Brickhaven to embark on a ship bound to the islands of the trolls, but her journey is intercepted by none other than the notorious Blood Knight. There's something to look forward to, eh?

Been reading this series a while, looks pretty good. Hope the next one has some action. :thumbup:

Been reading this series a while, looks pretty good. Hope the next one has some action. :thumbup:

Thanks! I just have to ask, don't you consider a magic dragon slaughtering people "action"? :laugh:

Hmm, are the blood knights going to be one of the kingdoms factions?

No, there's just one Blood Knight, who is a renegade. You'll learn more in the next chapter, promise. :wink:

Thanks! I just have to ask, don't you consider a magic dragon slaughtering people "action"? :laugh:

Um......

Yes.

Um......

Sorry, I just had to ask, since your first comment sounded like you were missing action from this chapter. But yeah, there will be even more action in the fourth chapter, with the Blood Knight and all. :wink:

*Sighs deeply*

Wow, reading Princess/Queen's Quest the whole way through take way longer than I expected. :look:

Totally worth it, though. Really fun to read, and becoming more and more intricate as time goes on. Personally my favorite character is Rod, just because of how much I felt bad for him for being a squire for Brickhart. That's gotta be rough.

Also... it may just be me but I'm sensing... vibes... between Willow and Xulda...

*Sighs deeply*

Wow, reading Princess/Queen's Quest the whole way through take way longer than I expected. :look:

You didn't?! Wow, I'm thoroughly impressed and honored! :wub:

Also... it may just be me but I'm sensing... vibes... between Willow and Xulda...

Haha, don't give me any ideas now! :laugh:

There's been a distinct lack of romance in my comics so far (aside from the Fabuland/Minerva/Noland triangle), so I've been toying several options for the leading ladies in my mind. Lesbian love is certainly not out of the question, though. :wink:

You know why I enjoy your comics? (I've been reading them) You use both Peach's and the original Yellow. I like to use them both. Also I like the story and the way you built Cloudgarden.

Hi Sandy, I just wanted to take a moment to say what a great job you have done with this story, from Princess Quest up to this point. I've followed it since I was a lurker, and it is really impressive to see how you have developed as a story teller and MOC builder. :classic:

This installment brought something I wasn't quite expecting, particularly in the last two panels. The final comments by Urda and Verda leave me feeling...concerned? Something about Urda's declaration seems rather dark to me. I could be wrong, no doubt. But it's an interesting twist for these two characters. I'm loving Xulda's gang of friends, I hope that they'll stay around for awhile. Oh, and who wouldn't be looking forward to the Blood Knight? :sweet:

I can't wait until your next installment Sandy, keep up the awesome work! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments, they're greatly motivational! :grin:

The final comments by Urda and Verda leave me feeling...concerned? Something about Urda's declaration seems rather dark to me. I could be wrong, no doubt. But it's an interesting twist for these two characters.

All I can say that I guess I did my job well with the last panels, then. :wink:

Great new episode! Good work on the MOC's (especially 'Cloudgarden') and on the storyline.

Can't wait to see the next one, with more action :pirate:

I've now opened a "Who's Who" topic for this comic, go check it out if you're interested in the various cast members. :wink:

Yay! Princess quest is back! Though of course, it's Queens Quest now.

After reading them all, I must say I think you buildings, backdrops and interiors are great. Characters such as Iahn, Grimmy and Protos look great, and really original. Where did the idea for Grimmy come from?

The Floating realms look nice, but my favourite thing is the Judges. Their robes and backwards helmets help give them and aura of superiority and mysticism.

The witches are also good, and it was nice to see a more Human side to them here today.

Though I do have one piece of constructive criticism;

BRING BACK TIME CRASH! :tongue:

Edited by professor flitwick

Where did the idea for Grimmy come from?

It was mainly the Ahsoka-hairpiece that gave me an idea of a werecat to add to the roster of Nornia creatures. Grimmy was originally supposed to be a female, but then I thought I had enough female characters already. :tongue:

The Floating realms look nice, but my favourite thing is the Judges. Their robes and backwards helmets help give them and aura of superiority and mysticism.

The judges were heavily inspired by the Judge Magisters in the video game Final Fantasy XIII.

Judge.jpg

Though I do have one piece of constructive criticism;

BRING BACK TIME CRASH! :tongue:

I know people miss it, and I am sorry to say that the hiatus of Time Crash continues. I've hit a sort of dead-end with it, but I hope I will some day find motivation to continue it.

Right now I'm just more interested in doing Queens' Quest, though. Sorry again.

Glad to see the next chapter! Wonderful MOCs as always, I especially like the new sky city and the forest (the small waterfall is a nice touch). The story is getting pretty interesting as well.

But after reading the "Who's Who?" entry, I still don't know who Minerva is. Was she in PQ, as the owl? Is she good or evil?

But after reading the "Who's Who?" entry, I still don't know who Minerva is. Was she in PQ, as the owl? Is she good or evil?

Yes, she was the owl in PQ, revealed to be a priestess of the Aesir in the final chapter. Her transformation into an owl was depicted in the second Chronicle (Brothers-In-Charms), go check it out. :wink:

And oh yes, she is definitely the villainess of this story.

Like always, this is a fun comic to read. I love how you use MOCs as scenery, making it look professional. I'm exicted for next episode :sweet: Blood Knights, creepy :skull:

I read it last week but didn't have time to comment so I will do it now.

I really like the story with all the throne pretendars, as usual, and the three judges' room looks very nice and so does the witches' 'house' :thumbup: .

Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking out for the next chapter!

Hi, I'm also from Finland, and I've been reading your comic a few times through during the last couple of months. I really love the story and the characters have great personalities and backgrounds. I've also noticed how much your mocs and editing have improved since the first chapter of Princess Quest. Hope to see the next chapter soon and great work! :thumbup:

Hi, I'm also from Finland, and I've been reading your comic a few times through during the last couple of months. I really love the story and the characters have great personalities and backgrounds. I've also noticed how much your mocs and editing have improved since the first chapter of Princess Quest. Hope to see the next chapter soon and great work! :thumbup:

Jee, kiva että tänne tulee muitakin suomalaisia. :grin:

I'm glad to hear I've improved - it would certainly be sad if I hadn't. Princess Quest was my very first comic with LEGO, after all, and it's been a real learning process ever since.

I just finished reading it and found it very enjoyable. All the mocs in this chapter and previous are Excellent.

Cant wait for the next one.

LegoGalactus

Besided the blood Knight will their be Witch Hunters? p.s. Thanks for writing the lands part on your "Who,s Who"topic.