Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

What to call the new Prince of Persia colour?

What should we call the new colour?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. The options:

• Medium Nougat
    • Dark Nougat
    • Nougat
    • Sand Orange
    • Svelte-was-wrong-colour
    • Other name (please explain)

What should we call the new colour that is available in the new Prince of Persia sets?

We have an official name from TLG, Medium Nougat, but is this the best we can get? Personally I think it's a problematic name, we AFOLs got our own colour code that differs very much from TLG's official one (for example, TLG's Dark Green is our regular Green and out Tan is called Brick Yellow by TLG). TLG got a whole bunch of colours in the Nougat "family", including AFOL-named colours like flesh and light flesh.

Is it easier for us to call the new colour for just Nougat since there are no other Nougat colours in the AFOL vocabulary, or will this just complicate communication with TLG?

Dark Nougat have been used lately to describe the colour but that is probably because of some misunderstanding because that colour is a whole different colour in TLG's colour chart. Have this name already become standard or should we try to stop using that name for the colour?

If we are going to make up our own name that fits with the AFOL colour chart I think Sand Orange would be a suitable one. We have from before a number of "sand" versions of colours, but not of orange and this one seems to fit there IMO. When we first saw the pictures of the PoP sets many of us thought the new colour was just regular Dark Orange but as some others thought it turned out to be a more "sandy" version of that colour. Of course, there is the possibility to use the slightly mean name, Svelte-was-wrong-colour, to be able to mock our dear Licensed Moderator every time we mention the colour because of that mistake, but that might be a bit to evil. After all Svelte wasn't alone with being wrong and it's such a long name for a colour. :tongue:

So, what do you think?

Do you have any suggestions of your own? Please write and explain why it would be a good name of the new colour.

Edited by Etzel

I thought everyone already agreed, Dark Svelte-Was-Wrong, however, it doesn't seem to be an option here.

I just HAD to vote for svelte-was-wrong-colour :laugh:
Me too. :laugh: Sorry Svelte.

Cut the guy some slack :grin:

I always find the 'sand' prefix nicely descriptive of the color variations. And this color is worthy of a sand prefix. As I don't generally buy licensed sets, I can't wait for this color to be used in a modular building.

Or... what about 'peanut butter' :wink:

I think I'll call it Sand Orange. It fits well and it's also obvious comparing other sand colours with their normal counterparts. :thumbup:

Realisticly I think 'Sand-Orange' seems to be the most fitting name, i think the naming has been discussed on BrickLink, and it is likely that how ever they name it their will be the popular name for it with AFOL.

But i still voted for 'svelte was wrong', because that would really put EuroBricks on the AFOL timeline of history!

4466661153_a5d0082d70.jpg

Here we have the new colour compared to (from top; clockwise) Dark Orange, Sand Blue, Orange, Sand Green and Dark Tan.

After looking at it for the past week, and with the comparison above, I think I'm going to call it Sand Dark Orange. I know, this is the third name I've given it, but this time I'm sticking to it :grin:.

Why am I calling it this, you ask? Simple.

-I agree with Rick, it definitely does deserve the Sand prefix.

-I'm not using Nougat because I don't think it actually looks like Nougat. Plus it'd be confusing to add a new colour base.

-It's obviously closer to Dark Orange than Orange, so it needs the Dark prefix as well.

Therefore, this colour is, to me at least,

Sand Dark Orange

Edited by Ricecracker

How about 'Dark Sand Nougat Svelte-was-Wrong Orange'?

...but as some others thought it turned out to be a more "sandy" version of that colour.

Why not just name it after me, then? :tongue:

The color shall hereby be known as "Sandy"! :grin:

I don't agree with Dark Nougat, it's too confusing being close to but not quite the official denomination Medium Nougat. Sand Orange is good but Ricecracker is right saying that it's much darker than regular Orange and as such is probably a sandy variation of Dark Orange. So, Sand Dark Orange or Dark Sand Orange? Myself I would just call it Sable, but in heraldry it means black :wacko:

Doesn't sand orange already exists.

edit, nope it's earth orange.

Just checcked, all these oranges. I would call it why on earth another orrange.

Edited by Bobskink

Sand Orange sounds official, so that's what I voted, but I also like PoP orange.

Svelte-was-wrong-colour. :grin:

So if you hear me saying SWWC, that's what I'm referring to. :laugh:

OR

I could be called something like:

"PoP Orange" or "PoP Tan" similiar to the Fabuland series of colors.

Just got a PoP set or 2. I haven't even opened the second one (Ostriches, oh boy!) but I'm loving the great variety of pieces -new pieces- in such a small set! It's great. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that from the pictures, it seems the axe in the Ostrich Race will have a label on the side? Can anyone clarify if that's for all axes? Couldn't they have just kept it the way it was?

Anyway, sorry Svelte, but I voted for the funny one. :tongue:

As much as I think it looks like a new sand color, let's make history here, and name a color after an AFOL. I think we should call it Svelte-was-wrong-color. We now have a color named after the greatest AFOL of all time- Svelte! (I know, I'm a suck-up. :tongue: )

As much as I think it looks like a new sand color, let's make history here, and name a color after an AFOL. I think we should call it Svelte-was-wrong-color. We now have a color named after the greatest AFOL of all time- Svelte!

Agreed! :laugh:

Or we could call it PoPcorn? :tongue: