Sign in to follow this  
ZeeK

REVIEW: 8683 Minifig series 1

6 pieces? Head, torso, hips/legs, cape, base tile, and... ???)
5 pieces actually. Many thanks, updated the first post

I can't say anything regarding the feeling the contents through the package - for some reason the figs i have access are already opened and assembled by other people.

Thanks for all the minifig reviews! Just a question, is it in any way visble from the bag what fig is inside? Just wondering casue you already got so many different ones. Or did anyone that knows it tell you which fig is inside, or did you just get yourself 50 bags and hoping to get as many different figs as possible with that? :P

Edited by metalandi

Very nice crystal clear pics.

I still want to know how you guys are managing to get these.

Just a question, is it in any way visble from the bag what fig is inside? Just wondering casue you already got so many different ones. Or did anyone that knows it tell you which fig is inside, or did you just get yourself 50 bags and hoping to get as many different figs as possible with that?

Since these are not sold in Russia yet (and i don't think the figs are sold anywhere), i was not able to buy any :(

However as soon as they will be available, i'm going to get myself the complete 60 fig box (which, as we know, will contain three complete sets)... and as many cheerleaders as possible!!!!

I still want to know how you guys are managing to get these.
I assure you, we have not sold our souls and we have not robbed anybody. As far as I understand, local LEGO subsidiaries have some figures for their needs. So... So at the moment I do not have complete set...

Since these are not sold in Russia yet (and i don't think the figs are sold anywhere), i was not able to buy any :(

However as soon as they will be available, i'm going to get myself the complete 60 fig box (which, as we know, will contain three complete sets)... and as many cheerleaders as possible!!!!

I assure you, we have not sold our souls and we have not robbed anybody. As far as I understand, local LEGO subsidiaries have some figures for their needs. So... So at the moment I do not have complete set...

So how did you get them? Did you buy them somewhere, were they given to you by LEGO employees? I'm curious.

I've gone on record before saying I don't know how this guy can fit into the city itself. But the more I think about it, I just want to put this wrestler at the 7641 corner stop, waiting for the bus to show up like everybody else. Hey, even luchadores take the bus! Better yet, throw him in the prison!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

So how did you get them? Did you buy them somewhere, were they given to you by LEGO employees? I'm curious.
See PM.

Thanks for the early review! I love this figure too just for the oddball aspect. Since I don't MOC (no talent....), I won't have a problem with making this fit in my collection. I just love the idea of having variety in my minifigures.

I've gone on record before saying I don't know how this guy can fit into the city itself. But the more I think about it, I just want to put this wrestler at the 7641 corner stop, waiting for the bus to show up like everybody else. Hey, even luchadores take the bus! Better yet, throw him in the prison!

I think that would be a hilarious idea! A normal, everyday scene with a very misplaced figure situated somewhere unexpected. I would love to see some goofy MOCs like that!

... i'm going to get myself the complete 60 fig box (which, as we know, will contain three complete sets)...

Do we know this for sure? I haven't followed the news about this series very closely. I'd love confirmation on this, because it would be very good news for me!

Do we know this for sure? I'd love confirmation on this, because it would be very good news for me!

The information comes from LEGO Community Development and it has been confirmed by our local LEGO representatives/retailers:

Minifigure collection Series 1 box will contain 60 figures, with at least 3 figures of each type.

I think CopMike has posted this in the major minifigure collection thread...

I really like this character, not because I like Luchadores or Wrestlers in particular, but just because Lego made a figure which really fits in what is currently in the media and is still considered cool. From all theose 24 minifigs, that one is the most unexpected (maybe with the Zombie) to be made by Lego itself.

Legs could be used for a stunt motorbike guy like Evel Kinivil (sorry about poor spelling)

I would love to get my hands on a Minifigure like this.

I agree with you all the way. Having this guy even somewhere ridiculous like the Death Star or in a Batman set. Hey, he could even be a Batman enemy.

Just wanted to re-post my question, since it wasn't answered earlier:

Is it possible to tell what minifigure is in the bag by touch or sight?

I thought I've answered... Okay, the figs I have access to are unpacked, so I can't say anything about it. I think CopMike has more information....

Not all the way. As you see in this scan -

gallery_148_84_118468.jpg

you can basicly see seven heargear pieces + the pom pons that are a bit round & big. So getting one of these is possible, like 7/16 in odds. The Caveman club should be feelable also. I don´t think there´s a foolproof way to feel, I´ve so so with my luck. We need more bags to practice on. But I´m so training on the Cheerleader touch :tongue:!

I don´t think there´s a foolproof way to feel, I've so so with my luck. We need more bags to practice on.

Thanks. Once they come out, I'll try my luck by just feeling, but if that doesn't work, I'll just buy a whole box. Of course, it's hard to be dissapointed with whatever minifigure you get, they're all so great! :sweet: