mrblue

MOD: caboose for the BNSF

traintech1.jpg

here I'm back again to present you a caboose for the BNSF (still in LDD).

complete with interior: bed, small table, kitchen, chair, stairs to go up where you find a seat and some control.

EDIT: updated + interior photo + checked the price in pab = about 45.00€ + shipment

EDIT: updated version that can open!!!

BNSFcaboose.jpg

EDIT: built a small kitchen and a chair. stairs are on the exploded wall.

BNSFcabooseint.jpg

EDIT: with side that can be open to access the interior and different selection of parts to lower the price a bit

BNSFcabooseOPEN.jpg

link to LDD file normal version HERE

link to LDD file open version HERE

thank you for viewing

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Edited by TheBrickster

COOL 'mrblue' a realistic caboose with the correct set up with a stair case to the viewing platform - that's what the caboose was for - checking the train from the rear end forward.

Great LDD job there 'mrblue' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Now you got me here!

First I thought: Why in all the world did you use these colors? :wacko:

Then I saw you were referring to the BNSF loco, not the Santa Fe... :blush:

Well done, mrblue!

Nice looking caboose! I love the color scheme and agree it would go well with the BNSF GP38 locomotive that LEGO put out a couple of years back. I'd love to see you take some of your LDD creations and build/photograph them You really have some talent in LDD.

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

I'm going to build most of them.

All of my creations are made using the pick a brick palette. This choice is because I would like to make all the models available to a wide range of people... ok... let's don't think too much about the pick a brick price, and don't even consider the built by me price which is even 30% higher, but just think that all the bricks used are easy to get, and not special parts made available only in one set available only in some country and in limited quantity and so on.

If you want, you can order all the parts and build your own with no need to spend time digging in bricklink looking for that special part!

I already placed a pick a brick order and I should get the needed pieces soon, then I'll build and take some photos to show.

thank you for your comment and for viewing my models

mrBlue

Edited by mrblue

I'm loving these models; I have the BNSF and would love to build this caboose for it, but that green... that's not the green that's on the engine, if I'm not mistaken.

On the engine (same as the Emerald Night), the color is 141, "Earth Green" off LEGO's color palette.

Since LEGO doesn't sell those colors separately, I'm guessing your design is 28, "Dark Green" off LEGO's color palette.

Just don't want people to be disappointed if they order this and it doesn't quite match; I'm not saying it's not still worth building, it's quite good. I think I'd add some tiles to smooth it out.

you are right! unfortunately it's not the same green, and the reason, as you pointed out, it's because pick a brick doesn't have the right color on the available palette (that's bad! and the same is for many other colors!)

I thought about that and the good thing is that, since a caboose will stay at the end of the train, maybe you can "accept" the color difference. anyway, it will be easy to keep the green line on the bottom part and change the roof to a dark gray or black tone, this way it will "match" better.

thank you for your suggestion

mrBlue

I got an extra Emerald Night for the car; I was thinking of making a caboose for the EN in green using the extra pieces from the engine and tender, but I'm wondering if I couldn't use a few pieces for this BNSF caboose, too.

Ooh! I love cabooses! Very nice colors complimentary to the BNSF loco. What I really think makes this design unique is the outstanding interior. In fact, this is one of the most detailed caboose interiors that I've seen. Nice brick built door, and the bed is a great addition. Great design here! :thumbup: