mrblue

MOD: Santa Fe Super Chief pab panoramic car

traintech1.jpg

here you are a new car.

two version available, but still not sure about something: still have to realize what

there are seats also in the lower part, and minifigs can sit in all the available places.

sfscpanoramicA.jpg

sfscpanoramicB.jpg

LDD files available HERE and HERE

thank you for viewing

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

EDIT: updated photo links. for the final version scroll down.

Edited by mrblue

Looks very nice 'mrblue' - why the two designs ?

They both look good, minifigs can sit on both levels and is there any stairs for their access or are they doomed to remain trapped in a glass box ? :devil:

Great LDD job there 'mrblue' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Another nice one, mrblue.

I think I like the first version better.

I wish there was a way to have a smoother glass observation surround, but living within the confines of LEGO pieces, you did a great job.

Very nice. You did a very good job with the design of the observation dome on top (and it's not too tall). It was nice that LEGO offered alternate models from the two SF wagons, but they were all so similar. This would have made an excellent addition. :thumbup:

here it is the final version!

it has full interior, one stair going up (instead of two in the previous version) allowing one more seat and it should be one stud lower than before. still have to check the price.

sfscpanoramic.jpg

as usual link for LDD file is HERE

thank you for viewing and for your comments.

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

EDIT: updated photo links

Edited by mrblue

here it is the final version!

it has full interior, one stair going up (instead of two in the previous version) allowing one more seat and it should be one stud lower than before. still have to check the price.

sfscpanoramic.jpg

as usual link for LDD file is HERE

thank you for viewing and for your comments.

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

EDIT: updated photo links

Price in the US = $135.89

Thank you for another nice MOD, mrblue!

For my taste all of your creations are a bit to blocky. :sceptic:

Your MOD is all made with straight slopes. But the roof itself and the general apperance of the SF trains and cabs are more rounded, so the panoramic glasses should be (kind of ) rounded as well. A use of part no. 6091 6091.png or some spaghetti bricks no. 3063 3063.png would do the trick.

I have made my own dome car, the only useable pic :blush: is this one:

bild0633.jpg

I'll upload some more photos soon.

I agree with you about the not so smooth design.

using part 6091 6091.png and 3063 3063.png would have helped for sure, but... those part are not available on pick a brick lego shop@home! and my attempt was to make a car that everyone can buy through lego shop without looking for pieces on multiple stores on bricklink. anyway part 3063, in new conditions, range from 2 to 3 USD each!

Edited by mrblue

I agree with you about the not so smooth design.

using part 6091 6091.png and 3063 3063.png would have helped for sure, but... those part are not available on pick a brick lego shop@home! and my attempt was to make a car that everyone can buy through lego shop without looking for pieces on multiple stores on bricklink. anyway part 3063, in new conditions, range from 2 to 3 USD each!

I have the same problem... I bought some used clear macaronis and tried the hydrogen peroxide trick this week (with oxy-clean as a catalyst). It worked really well to get the yellow out; they still are not "new" looking. The hydrogen peroxide softens the plastic, too, so the first one I experimented on (the worst of the batch) looks I tried to dry it with sand paper (I was just using a tissue). I let the others air dry and am letting them sit to "cure" them.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think your MOCs are incredible; The second one does have too many "straight" lines, which is why I personally like the first one better.