1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Thanks for the Great Review Ricecracker! :thumbup:

The set looks Fantastic! I love the new parts and the Dark Tan pieces. :wub:

The Ostriches, are quite nice, I like it how the heads can turn and are able to be taken out.

Overall, Its a nice sized set, with some great figs and parts.

Thanks again for the review!

CommanderFox

Nice Review rice, I hope the uk get these sets, I cant wait to get them its diffent then having star wars all the time,

if I get this set I will make the ostrich man half man half ostrich.

Edited by chris1

Oi... I don't know whether to thank you for the excellent review or curse you for getting me involved in yet another theme! :laugh: I originally wasn't going to get these as I have no clue what the movie or games are about and wanted to keep my head in the sand like those ostriches. I couldn't resist reading this however and seeing those very ostriches and the rest and now I can't imagine not getting this!

I love the minifigures (been wanting a bare-chested torso for a very long time), the whip, the ostriches and even the scorpion as I still haven't gotten one yet! Problem is that once I buy this set I'll probably have to buy the next, and the next, and the next........

Sorry, haven't read all the replies, but can you post a side by side shot of the new katana and old katana?

I'll buy this set for sure, there's just to many nice MOCing parts to pass up on :wub:

Nice review by the way :thumbup:

Does the whip bend back to it's original form like the IJ whip did? I officially name Prince of Persia to be the all-powerful ruler of all dark tan/pearl gold peices created by Lego, with IJ and Grand Emporium following behind. :tongue:

Great review Svelte! :thumbup:

Captain Green Hair this is Ricecracker's review. And I'm pretty sure Svelte hasn't posted in this thread yet.

Anyway great review. There are some great parts in this set, so I'll be sure to pick this up.

...it's the same plastic as the Kit Fisto head and ones like that, yes?

I can't tell you for sure, seeing as I don't own Kit, but I believe it is.

And there is a Lego store in an airport?

From what I've heard, it's the only LEGO brand store in Denmark.

Sorry, haven't read all the replies, but can you post a side by side shot of the new katana and old katana?

I'll do that soon.

Does the whip bend back to it's original form like the IJ whip did?

Yes. The two whips actually seem to be made of different materials, and this one appears to be slightly less flexible.

Yes, great review Svelte! :thumbup: Oh wait... :blush::laugh:

I can't wait to get my hands on these sets! :wub:

Personally I doubt that it's the same plastic as Kit Fisto - it looks a lot sturdier, whereas Kit's head-tentacles are pretty flexible.

Yes, great review Svelte! :thumbup: Oh wait... :blush::laugh:

I'm surprised you haven't frontpaged it, too :hmpf::tongue:

Personally I doubt that it's the same plastic as Kit Fisto - it looks a lot sturdier, whereas Kit's head-tentacles are pretty flexible.

So all you come here to do is bash me? :cry_sad:

Nah, the heads are fairly sturdy - I just checked them. Another oddity I've found is whether or not the heads of the ostriches are attached. Both of them on this set were, but out of the five other copies I got, two had both their heads on, two had both off, and one had one of each.

Edited by Ricecracker

Nah, the heads are fairly sturdy - I just checked them. Another oddity I've found is whether or not the heads of the ostriches are attached. Both of them on this set were, but out of the five other copies I got, two had both their heads on, two had both off, and one had one of each.

How weird. Wait, you got 5 other copies of this set? Why not just get a different one? :tongue:

How weird. Wait, you got 5 other copies of this set? Why not just get a different one? :tongue:

To build an army of ostriches. Duh. :sadnew:

:laugh:

Well you could get this set for mass ostriches, or the naked torso.

To build an army of ostriches. Duh. :sadnew:

:laugh:

LOL... now I'm envisioning the ostriches wearing the helmets from the Army Men On Patrol set. Can't really arm them, though. :tongue:

LOL... now I'm envisioning the ostriches wearing the helmets from the Army Men On Patrol set. Can't really arm them, though. :tongue:

Your wish is my command:

4479391539_6230f0d232.jpg

:tongue:

Here is a comparison of the two swords.

4479473767_1e328a61d6.jpg

The Shamshir (New) is on the left, and the Katana (Old) is on the right. Aside from the guard, the two are identical.

Your wish is my command:

4479391539_6230f0d232.jpg

:tongue:

Here is a comparison of the two swords.

4479473767_1e328a61d6.jpg

The Shamshir (New) is on the left, and the Katana (Old) is on the right. Aside from the guard, the two are identical.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That first pic killed me. You need like 100 more for an army.

Adorable! :laugh:

Even more so in real life!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That first pic killed me. You need like 100 more for an army.

I had ten more, but I sold them before I took this pic.

You sold the ostriches? The only unique piece left IIRC is the naked torso. Is that what the duplicates were for?

Also nice army ostriches.

Great Review Ricecracker! :classic:

This is my 2nd favorite set from this theme of which I do not like :tongue:

Main buying reasons for me would be the ostriches, and I didn't know ostriches lived in the middle east :look:

There TLG goes again, (Polar bears in Antarctica :grin: )

Also some great parts included.

I wanted to wait to vote and give my final thoughts on the Prince of Persia sets until I got them myself. Well, I got the rest of them today and I have to say this is one of my favorite sets. I really like the ostriches and the gate-opening device. A great review of a great set. :classic:

You sold the ostriches? The only unique piece left IIRC is the naked torso. Is that what the duplicates were for?

Also nice army ostriches.

The torso isn't unique, it came with the Fight on the Flying Wing IJ set.