Sign in to follow this  
Ar Sparfel

[MOC] Star Wars Kart

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here is my new MOC. I really wanted to built small things after my maxifigs.

But i still wanted to continue with the star wars universe.

I decided to try to built several karts with star wars minifigs.

I've been working on these karts for several days. At least, each kart has been rebuilt entirely one or two times.

Here is the result :

4445440305_83d8389cd6.jpg

Darth Vader's Kart

4445439919_468b9abb9e_m.jpg 4446213158_2cc215a18b_m.jpg 4445439697_4c0bb9e95d_m.jpg 4446213364_a9d1e482e1_m.jpg

B-Wing Pilot's Kart

4446212828_797f4c7b6c_m.jpg 4445439361_265c33d9b2_m.jpg 4446212612_c216c38be4_m.jpg 4445439545_c8580d3f28_m.jpg

Leia's Kart

4445439013_f9163650e0_m.jpg 4446212300_08f33b07ff_m.jpg 4446212204_a44c732953_m.jpg 4445439127_9fdc2e8dd3_m.jpg

Yoda's Kart

4446211964_48cc406783_m.jpg 4446211856_33cf6fb876_m.jpg 4445438411_7520f51b9d_m.jpg 4446212080_77754475ce_m.jpg

X-Wing Pilot's Kart

4445438171_b1fa187f6d_m.jpg 4445438067_4f660c7ac6_m.jpg 4446211340_ef234c558f_m.jpg 4445438297_5c0c8a5449_m.jpg

Clone's Kart

4446211122_619a653bbc_m.jpg 4445437545_870d5a15e4_m.jpg 4446211232_155ec75412_m.jpg

Very good. I really like the idea.

The carts themselves have great detail and really look good.

haha, I love them. Super mario kart is one of my all time favorite games. You really did the karts jsutice too, with the overhang in the front and back, they really look like karts that could be in the newer versions of mario kart.

Really cool.

Great idea 'Ar Sparfel' :thumbup: - excellent kart designs (missing only weapons for your very own SW Death Race :devil: ) - Vaders is cool in all black, next coolest Clone's white racer.

In all a very good job at knocking these up, great work 'Ar Sparfel' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

There great Ar sparfel :thumbup:

My favourite is the X wing pilot's kart I love the curved back :classic:

You should make more of these!

(Admiral ackbar hint hint :tongue: )

Such a funny, cute and original idea to do!

I know there is a few around that really loves this monochrome thing as well.

All of them has truley an amazing set of details as well. Good work.

They looks really cool. The use of a fair bit of greebling is nice and my favourite has to be Leia's because I just love the front of the kart its just so perfectly designed. Great work!

I'd recommend changing the clone trooper to a storm trooper to keep all the carts in the original trilogy, and add 2 more (since there are 8 in mario kart). I'd add either a brown jawa kart or a brown chewbacca kart, and maybe a jarjar kart too. :classic:

I'd recommend changing the clone trooper to a storm trooper to keep all the carts in the original trilogy, and add 2 more (since there are 8 in mario kart). I'd add either a brown jawa kart or a brown chewbacca kart, and maybe a jarjar kart too. :classic:

It's a good idea to change the clone trooper to a storm trooper. I'll change it.

I'll try to make two more karts.

I didn't realise that all the minifigs were in the original trilogy. I'll have ti keep in this way.

Great stuff, and what an original idea! Love it. :thumbup:

Next you'll have to make a sand green kart that Jabba can drive! :laugh:

Wow, these are fanastic. I like all of them, but the one that really grabs my eye is that Vader kart. :wub:

Anyone else find it funny that MillerTime suggested making them all OT, then threw in JarJar as an optional eighth kart?

Cool MOC. I like your personalization of each kart to the character. :thumbup:

When does the race begin?

:oh: Their so cute, not only did you create a great kart design but you successfully modified it in each iteration to suit the character. I love them :sweet: .

On a completely unrelated note: :vader::yoda: 200th post :yoda::vader:

Now I just have to wait 10 days before I get one of those handsome SW tags :grin: .

Edited by Palms

Very cool little creations. Star Wars Kart could be a very fun videogame. I bet you can create karts for each and every star wars fig ever released! I'm not digging the monochromeness of them too much though. I think the X-Wing pilot's kart needs some white (and maybe a dash of blue or grey), Yoda's needs some sand green and/or brown, the A-Wing pilot's needs some grey, and Slave Leia's needs some brown or dark red. The only ones that work in the monochrome color scheme are Vader's and the Clone's kart. But maybe that's just me.

Nice work, and I look forward to seeing more of these!

My first idea was to built the karts with only one colour. It was the challenge.

I agree with you, the karts would have been more realistic with the true colors.

Maybe for the next version. :wink:

Now we only need a lego game like Mario karts :laugh:

My favourite would be the X-wing pilot kart, I just love the orange bricks and design.

All one color is a little drab. Subtle highlights and neutral colors will give these karts more depth. :thumbup:

Wow, these are fanastic. I like all of them, but the one that really grabs my eye is that Vader kart. :wub:

Anyone else find it funny that MillerTime suggested making them all OT, then threw in JarJar as an optional eighth kart?

Haha wasn't thinking! I'm not sure what other colors for a OT figure he could do.....

As suggested, I'm working again on the karts, new pictures will come soon.

I'l try to make two more karts.

You should pitch these to Nintendo and LEGO, I'd buy a set with all these karts. :classic:

Maybe the X-wing could have mini-wings?

I agree about adding more colors, that way it'd be easier to see details.

you could use a coffin for JJ's car so that you can keep it in the original trilogy :tongue: