• Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

indexed.gif

Set Number/Name: 30061 Attack Wagon

Theme: Castle/Kingdoms

Year Released: 2010

Pieces Count: 37 (not sure though, counted them myself)

Minifigures: 1

Price: 9,50 € from Bricklink

Wow, i think this is a premiere! It's the first time i get to review a brand new set that almost nobody has yet! :laugh: Someone posted a link to a Bricklink seller last week, so of course i couldn't withstand and just bought one straight off. I must say i already love this new theme though it's not even out yet, but now let's go straight to the pictures!

The Polybag:

s73f6428.jpg

The instructions:

s73f6431.jpg

s73f6430.jpg

The minifig:

s73f6414.jpg

s73f6436.jpg

Most likely the most interesting of this set. Gotta love that torso and helmet! The torso also has some nice back printing. I'm not sure if the head is new too, but there are so many heads it's not easy to keep on track.

Overall shots of the wagon itself:

s73f6421.jpg

s73f6423.jpg

s73f6426.jpg

s73f6427.jpg

The completed set:

s73f6410.jpg

As you can see the set also comes with some good accesoires, like 3 spears, a sword, and a telescope piece with fire.

Spare parts:

s73f6432.jpg

Not much to say here, a dark green cheese piece and a "viking helmet horn" piece.

I don't really know if something like that really existed in the medieval age, and i also don't know what it would be used for (maybe someone can enlighten me?), but overall this is a really nice little set. It should have been released as a normal impulse set rather than just a promo i think. Hope you enjoyed the review and pictures, can't wait to see what you all think about the set.

Great Review. This kind of set has been done a bunch of times before but it still looks decent. The figure looks great, looks like Kingdoms is gonna be a great theme.

Looks a bit uncomfortable with a chain as belt! :tongue:

This set isn't anything special to me, an average set that has it's pros and cons. I like the new colour for the helmet and the there are some useful parts like the dark green cheese slopes. I don't like that the soldier doesn't get a shield, it would have been a much better army building set if a shield was included. And I was kind of hoping for a new head, nothing wrong with this one but I already have like 5 of them from the Pirate theme.

If there was a poll for this set (hint hint :wink: ) I would have voted a 3 out of 5.

Nice review. This would get an Above Average from me because the fig is really cool and the wagon is better than other wagons I've seen :thumbup:

Thanks metalandi for being the first to share this very first Kingdoms review! :wub:

I am really excited with the whole Green Dragon faction, and these polybags are quite hard to get too, since these are promotional and exclusive. I do hope I could pick a few soon.

Good review of a fun little set, thanks!

My 30061's have just arrived today. :wub: I absolutely love the fig. Beautiful two-sided torso with a real menacing-looking dragon head pattern. I miss a shield, though, and I'm somewhat disappointed that the shortsword is PLG, when there are new "pearl dark gray" (?) weapons in some sets...

I won't keep the wagon itself assembled, but the 4-spiked mace thing is useful for troll, ogre or giant armies. :classic:

Nice review. The promo set has done it's promotion job well as now we've got final version pictures of the sets coming out, since the Toy Fair ones were a little messed up. I know I would not want one of these wagons coming at me.

Thanks for the early set review metalandi. The two things i would want from this set is the minifigure and darkgreen cheese slope other than that i would not get it. I wonder where the seller on bricklink got that set? :look:

Thanks for the review! Quite a menacing little cart there. I would imagine this guy ramming it into a gate or door then setting the cart on fire to burn the gate/door down.

Wish it came with a dark pearl bley sword and a dragon shield.

:thumbup:

It didn't include shipping, but it was not much more with it. What can i say, i wanted it and iw anted it NOW, i just couldn't wait..and i wanted to be the first to review a new kingdoms set :laugh:

Nice review, I love this set.

I really want it as it is great to build an army or create a large MOC :thumbup:

Gotta love that minifig!

It's great to have this early pre-view on one of the new castle factions. If my funds permit me I'll be buying some of these upcoming castle sets.

Great review, thank you!

I don't really know if something like that really existed in the medieval age, and i also don't know what it would be used for (maybe someone can enlighten me?),

Perhaps, if well-balansed, the carts like this could be pushwd from the hill towars the advancing enemies to break their lines?

A very nice set, it has a very strong resemblance of this...

7090figsah.jpg

Thanks for the review :thumbup:

Nice rewiew :classic: No that we've seen one of these guys torsos in close-up, I'm hoping even more for having one of them riding this dragon.

S73F6438.jpg

:tongue:

Cool review 'metalandi' - great little set and I hope somehow they make to Australia.....yeah somehow ! :grin:

Heaps of weapons on a cart that wants to make a point ! :devil:

The build is simple enough but effective looking as a battlewagon...........now someone asked did were there any around in those times...........can't find any info on Wikipedia. :hmpf:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for the review! This is certainly a good-looking castle set. :wub: The minifig is great, although I agree that it could've used a shield and dark pearl silver sword.

I like the look of the battle cart. It looks like it's supposed to be some sort of battering ram.

I just thought why there is a burning torch in this set, probably it is supposed to put the spears on fire and then shoot them away with the cart, against the enemies or against the enemie's castles. Though there is no mechanism for that, but i could imagine that could be a thought behind that...

Nice review!

I would say above average too; the set itself is average, nothing special on its own (save for the minifig, which is outstanding! ), but the parts you get are fantastic. You can build great things from this little set... :wink:

So 4 out of 5 from me!