Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Morgue/Coffin Works

img_1869.jpg

img_1872.jpg

Front View of the Shop, I started trying to determine whether to go dark green or dark blue. After figuring out I didn't have enough of either to do the moc justice I switched to the regular blue. Then there was the matter of figuring out how to advertise, so how about a coffin just outside the door?

img_1827.jpg

First Floor, with work shop, stone slab for those no longer with us, some suspicious flasks, and coffin storage.

img_1838.jpg

Mortician Hard at Work, building a coffin bigger than your work bench isn't easy, but this guy somehow manages it with his trusty array of tools.

img_1833.jpg

The Dearly Departed, at last a good use for those fleshies.

img_1843.jpg

Second Floor, modestly furnished with sea chest, bed, dinner table, and a few crates of supplies.

img_1871.jpg

The cast as always.

For more pics on brickshelf

Thanks for viewing

Excellent work Waterbrick Down.

Great facade of the building, love the advertisement and a great display inside.

And, as said, a nice way to incorporate fleshies. :pir_laugh2:

You've done a great work on that MOC, Waterbrick, and it has really turned out lovely - especially the coffin itself. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the overly joyous/vibrant blue colour which doesn't really correspond with my idea of the morgue being a grim place - but at the end of the day, why follow all the stereotypes anyway! :pir_laugh2:

AWESOME MOC 'Waterbrick Down' - love that coffin and the dead guy........he's lost all his yellow ! :pir-wink:

Great workshop - multipurpose I like it ! :pir-devil:

Very nice up stairs, hope his tea doesn't get cold ! :pir-laugh:

Excellent designand build 'Waterbrick Down' and I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

Nice entry, Waterbrick Down. :thumbup:

I really like the inside of your building, with all that interior and of course that coffin.

Your building would look better if it had some windows upstairs.

the Inventor

Nice work. Great coffin and I like the morticians tools like his saw.

Though I wonder- what is he using for nails!? I have seen people use the black inner portion of the little antennas as nails.

I hope I don't see all the flesh coloured minifigs as dead people now :pir_laugh2:

Great MOC. I like the windows and the interior is also nice with all the items and furniture.

Your coffin design is also good and easy to make.

Good luck in the contest, this is one of the better entries for sure.

A beauty of a MOC I love all the detail you've added, and how the interior turned out with all its wonderful details. Nice work, and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

I laughed and laughed and laughed some more at this :pir-laugh: It simply awesome :thumbup:

Good Luck :pir-classic:

You've done a great work on that MOC, Waterbrick, and it has really turned out lovely - especially the coffin itself. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the overly joyous/vibrant blue colour which doesn't really correspond with my idea of the morgue being a grim place - but at the end of the day, why follow all the stereotypes anyway! :pir_laugh2:

I know I really wanted to go dark blue or dark green, but I haven't taken the time to start using bricklink.

Nice entry, Waterbrick Down. :thumbup:

I really like the inside of your building, with all that interior and of course that coffin.

Your building would look better if it had some windows upstairs.

the Inventor

Windows are always one of my hardest things to add due to a limited window part selection, but the oil lamp upstairs should help the dear mortician.

Nice work. Great coffin and I like the morticians tools like his saw.

Though I wonder- what is he using for nails!? I have seen people use the black inner portion of the little antennas as nails.

Nails! Will do next time thanks for the reminder.

I hope I don't see all the flesh coloured minifigs as dead people now :pir_laugh2:

Great MOC. I like the windows and the interior is also nice with all the items and furniture.

Your coffin design is also good and easy to make.

Good luck in the contest, this is one of the better entries for sure.

The trick is hiding the fleshie's face, but pale corpses are usually not in active positions. The coffin was one of the first designs I worked on and I really liked how they turned out.

This is really eye catching, i like the colour scheme, the blue goes ell with the tan window frames. The interior is nicely done and the coffin looks great! Nice One!

It's a very good looking MOC! I can't believe it hasn't been blogged yet. Expect it to be on Classic-Pirates.com soon!

blogged.png