Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

P-40 Warhawk

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all, I finally completed one of my long-planned MOCs:

skyc_p40_000.jpg

(the marks are digitally added on the model, no decals were used in this MOC)

The build involves some techniques I experiment here for the second time (the other attempt may never be public :sick::blush: ).

Anyway, more views can be find in this Brickshelf gallery.

Hope you like it, and comments and critics are welcome!

More Sky Captain creations will follow, so keep looking for them :wink:

LuxorV

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

AWESOME copy of that plane from the movie, of which I like a lot ! :grin:

Are you going to do one in underwater mode are you ?

Can't wait to see those flapping gunships and giant heatray robots !

And with that new ray gun from Lego in those minifig packs in a few months, it would look a little like the ray gun out of the movie too !

'LuxorV' you are a genius and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

(I guess the future posts of Sky Captain will appear in the Sci-Fi forum)

The P-40 Warhawk has a bit of an odd shape and is hard to MOC; I think you've done a great job. :sweet:

(I loved the movie; it's very underrated. :cry_sad: )

So is the carrier next? :grin: I've been tempted for a while to make the submarine fighters.

Great work again LuxorV.

I like the overall look of the model. The only thing I notice is the transition from the engine into the fuselage. That looks a bit odd.

But in general a well deserved A+. :thumbup:

So is the carrier next? :grin: I've been tempted for a while to make the submarine fighters.

Now that would be an epic MOC. Who will step to the challenge?

AWESOME copy of that plane from the movie, of which I like a lot ! :grin:

Are you going to do one in underwater mode are you ?

Can't wait to see those flapping gunships and giant heatray robots !

And with that new ray gun from Lego in those minifig packs in a few months, it would look a little like the ray gun out of the movie too !

'LuxorV' you are a genius and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

(I guess the future posts of Sky Captain will appear in the Sci-Fi forum)

Thanks! For now, I have a couple of minor robot models ready. I'm gathering info and pics to build the giant robots, and then we'll see what comes next!

And yes, the others seem more fitted for Sci-Fi :wink:

The P-40 Warhawk has a bit of an odd shape and is hard to MOC; I think you've done a great job. :sweet:

Indeed, the shape is quite tricky, and I also wanted to test a few ideas, so I had to work for about 4 hours before getting a not-so-out design :laugh:

Great work again LuxorV.

I like the overall look of the model. The only thing I notice is the transition from the engine into the fuselage. That looks a bit odd.

But in general a well deserved A+. :thumbup:

Now that would be an epic MOC. Who will step to the challenge?

Thanks, L-space! I know the engine into fuselage part is the weak spot... I may provide a V.2 as soon as I get a better grip on the techniques (this is my third airplane MOC ever!).

As for the British flying carrier... That'd be cool! I already have a couple ideas for it, but I'll probably go with a microscale version first :tongue:

LuxorV

As for the British flying carrier... That'd be cool! I already have a couple ideas for it, but I'll probably go with a microscale version first :tongue:

LuxorV

That will even be a tough model to capture in micrscale, but I have faith in you.

Good luck!

Well I thought that to but... :tongue:

Let me explain: the robots and other sci-fi/steam punk models indeed go into your mighty realm ( :wink: ); but this tiny, simple little plane is just a military airplane model which is more fitted for the Other themes forum, isn't it :cry_happy: ? :laugh:

That will even be a tough model to capture in micrscale, but I have faith in you.

Good luck!

Wait and see. Just wait and see!

(I hope!)

LuxorV

Hello!

Although I haven't seen the movie, I like this nice looking plane! :classic: The inverted 2x4 double slope works perfectly after the canopy. And the use of levers embedded into the wings is a good idea. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

Although I haven't seen the movie, I like this nice looking plane! :classic: The inverted 2x4 double slope works perfectly after the canopy. And the use of levers embedded into the wings is a good idea. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks! The levers seemed the best solution to reproduce the thin antennas/bars of the original plane. The other option (lightsaber blades on modified 1 x 1 bricks with headlight) seemed too thick to me :blush:

LuxorV