???theriddler???

Batman Films Discussion

It's been confirmed that Tom Hardy [who played Eames in Inception] will be the villain in TDKR. I will interested to see if he ends up being Killer Croc or not.

Where did you get that from?

IMDB lists rumours of Tom Hardy being cast as Det. Harvey Bullock and other sources just say he will have a 'major role' in the film.

I strongly doubt that Killer Croc will make an appearance in the film. Nolan has always tried to be "realistic" in his Batman films, so I guess it's no way. I still hope for Penguin though. One of the most realistic villains, definitely. But I surely will welcome any other major one.

P.S.

Nah, I won't! :tongue:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

I'm glad the Riddler isn't in the 3rd Batman film. I loved him in Arkham Asylum, but on film imo he'd appear as a rubbish version of the joker.

Ignoring the obscure and 'stupid' villans (i.e the ones that wont fit into Nolan's universe.) I think we might get some of the following:

• Maybe Catwoman
  • Firefly
  • Harley Quinn
  • Hush
  • Zsasz
  • The Penquin

Catwoman & The Penguin are most likely. Harley would have been awesome if there was still the joker, but it wouldn't make much sense without him.

[*]Zsasz

Zsasz was in Batman Begins, wasn't he?

We saw him tried and after he escaped Arkham.

My ideal villain roster would be the Ventriloquist (just imagen what they could do with him), and the Mad Hatter (once again, they could do wonders with his character!). And Scarecrow once more in another cameo role.

4. No idea who he is

Hush, meet Claudius. Claudius, meet Hush. As interesting character as he is, I don't think he is well known enough to be a villain.

Zsasz was in Batman Begins, wasn't he?

We saw him tried and after he escaped Arkham.

Indeed we did!. Not sure if he'd be good enough for a major villain role, though, unless they change the character from the usual hack-and-slasher serial killer he is.

Are they actually going to call it Batman 3?? What a poor choice.

Highly unlikely. A common practice in the film industry is to slap on a production name or keep the final name from the public eye. This helps keep people talking about the movie in anticipation as they speculate on what will happen. Another reason to keep a generic production title is if the actual title gives something away before they're ready to release that information, like the identity of the antagonist, for example.

Are they actually going to call it Batman 3?? What a poor choice.

Highly unlikely. A common practice in the film industry is to slap on a production name or keep the final name from the public eye. This helps keep people talking about the movie in anticipation as they speculate on what will happen. Another reason to keep a generic production title is if the actual title gives something away before they're ready to release that information, like the identity of the antagonist, for example.

At the moment it's called The Dark Knight Rises. :classic:

:oh3: Is their some reason people missed my post, or is it just out of spite?

Where did you get that from?

IMDB lists rumours of Tom Hardy being cast as Det. Harvey Bullock and other sources just say he will have a 'major role' in the film.

Right here. Its not confirmed that he will be the villain, but I think its safe to assume that.

Intreresing rumour:

Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley.

Link

I wonder who the villain will be? I think it might be Catwoman or Talia.

Great great great! I hope there'll be Batman sets again! It's so sad that I've completely missed out on every single one of them... and nowadays the prices on the aftermarket are really not pleasant.

New Info about the film, and it's Villan.

From Wikipedia.

Nolan plans to have the script finished in January 2011. Filming will start the following May and conclude in November.[89] Nolan's commitment to IMAX and high-definition cameras will enable him to avoid the dim-image challenges that come with 3-D film, which he believed would distract audiences from the storyline. "We’re looking to do something technologically that’s never been done before," Nolan said. "Our ambitions are to make a great movie."[90] Nolan has had several meetings with IMAX Vice-President David Keighley to work on the logistics of projecting films in digital IMAX venues.[91] The Dark Knight Rises will feature more scenes shot in IMAX than The Dark Knight.[91] Because of the considerable noise made by IMAX cameras, 70mm cameras may be used for shooting the film's dialogue scenes.On January 13th 2011 the villain was announced to be Talia Al Gul.[91] The film will be released on July 20, 2012.

Hm, any other proof?

Talia seems to be a reasonable choice, but not very creative, so to say.....

On January 13th 2011 the villain was announced to be Talia Al Gul.[91]

Wikipedia doesn't currently say anything about the supposedly final selection of a villain, and there's no announcement in the latest news about the movie. Nolan is playing his cards close to his chest, as usual, and even if most people are betting on Talia, I wouldn't totally rule out Catwoman either. She is, after all, one of Batman's longest running opponents and love interests.

Two days ago,while I was reading my local news paper,I saw an article where it said that the movie will be filmed in London and Los Angeles,and that two actresses have been chosen for the movie(Jessica

Biel and Gemma Arterton).

Gamer.

I'm not too excited about Catwoman joining the scene because I feel it will ruin the story if Batman has a love interest. Oh well, Nolan will probably outdo himself again and I'll look like an idiot saying the story won't be perfect.

Anne Hathaway is smoking and I'm looking forward to seeing her in skin tight leather :wub:

Not sure about Bane though, i don't think he fits in the 'Nolan Batverse.' I think the penguin would have been better.

I think the penguin would have been better.

Amen! :cry_sad:

It looks like a true information so far, so i'm really depressed. I always considered Bane to be a second-rate villain, and we get him at grand finale! :hmpf_bad:

Oh, well. My only consolation in the situation is that Nolan will find some way to make the character look new and fresh. And, plese, no "I'll break you!" lines and wall hitting.

P.S.

Though I should say to be fair that I really like the choive for Catwoman. Ann can be a good actress, she just needs to find her role. I expect her to show some exemplary work in TDKR. I just hope they make her less slutty and more rogue-like. :classic:

Hm, interesting. Yes, Bane always seemed more like a high-level henchman rather than an actual villain to me too. Plus all Bane fights end the same way: Bats gets the crap beaten out of him until he finally remembers to cut the tube on Banes neck/wrist. :tongue: Seriously though, I too have faith in Nolan, so hopefully he will emphasize Bane's intelligent side rather than his strength, having him discover Batman's secret identity.

No offense, The Penguin, but if Nolan pulls it off well, I think I prefer Bane over Penguin. :blush:

So, does this disprove the rumors of Talia being in it?