???theriddler???

Batman Films Discussion

:cry3: Eh, whatever. He'll come back in the next series of films! :laugh: On another note, has anyone here heard of the plot-line of the unmade fifth Burton Batman film? I came across it recently and it sounded interesting. It supposedly had Man-bat, Harley Quinn, and Scarecrow. The best part is, Alicia Silverstone got killed off in the first 19 pages of the script! :cry_happy::tongue:

Is it confirmed there will be a new series? And that Two-Face will be in it? :look:

I didn't like Two-Face's death in TDK at all. I really think it's a problem of the Batman universe that you can't simply kill villains off, while it's a usually pretty common to kill characters in movies. It's easy to give a bad guy a good ending if you kill him, but the matter is, Batman doesn't kill, which was something that really bugged me about both BB (when Batman leaves Ra's for death) and TDK as well as the 1989 Burton movie. It's a rule you shouldn't break, at least not without a very good reason and not without consequences, and those movies had none. So, if you can't end a movie without killing a bad guy, you shouldn't do a Batman movie IMO.

Hm, I can't find that script, but from what I've read, they revive Joker with fear gas? And Quinn is Joker's daughter? I'm kinda glad that wasn't made. Though I'm certainly interested in the script... :laugh: At least some Scarecrow. There's not enough movies with Scarecrow. :sweet:

Talking about him, I think he was the villain portrayed best in the Nolan movies. Only thing I didn't like was that I didn't consider him the asylum director kind of person, but rather something like "I hate this asylum and its director", but I guess that wouldn't have worked with the plot. :sceptic:

Is it confirmed there will be a new series? And that Two-Face will be in it? :look:

Well, I heard that there's a plan for some new Bat films, (and they'd come around eventually,) but Two-Face would probably be in at least one of them. :wink:

Can't say I'm too excited for TDKR, mostly because I'm worried about how Bane is going to be depicted. I'm not a big Bane fan (ignore my avatar :grin: ), but I don't want to see him as a terrorist, because then all three of the main villains would be terrorists-Ra's (though he should be), Joker, and Bane.

Not as worried about Catwoman though, I don't know what to expect with her.

I've never been one to watch a lot of movies, so I've only seen a handful of Batman ones- The '66 Adam West one (my personaly favorite :wink: ), Batman Forever (Not a big fan, Riddler disturbed me), Batman Begins (Liked this one too, but hated the romantic interest storyline), and The Dark Knight (it was okay, but I hated Joker and how Two-Face was killed off).

I understand why hardcore Batman fans don't like most of the movies, even though I am not one myself. I read the Percy Jackson books years ago and went to see the movie. I didn't like the movie because it was changed so much, but everybody I went to see it with (who didn't read the books) liked it. Same goes for Harry Potter, the more they changed it from the books, the less I liked it (Order of the Phoenix :angry: )

Though I think Batman is more open than those franchises, I don't see how it would be different-fans are dissappointed when characters are excessivly different.

Well, I heard that there's a plan for some new Bat films, (and they'd come around eventually,) but Two-Face would probably be in at least one of them. :wink:

:oh3: Great, now I have "expectations", not for Two-Face (well, I hope he isn't killed off like in TDK and Forever), but for the series in general. I liked BB, but not TDK, and I hope that it isn't inspired by that too much-I don't need a realistic approach, just don't over do the fiction and have characters that aren't 2-D (or villains killed off :hmpf: ) and I'm probably fine. As long as Joker remembers to (try and) be funny, Penguin isn't a monster, Bane isn't a moron, Batman doesn't kill (or reveal his identity to every woman he's distantly attracted to :hmpf_bad: ), terrorists are kept to a minimum, and they usually let the villain live (or at least have a questionable death).

Now, watch me be disappointed in a couple years because I have "expectations". :cry_sad:

Edit: But if we get some nice LEGO sets/figures, I guess that's good :grin:

Edited by Superficial Username

I didn't like Two-Face's death in TDK at all. I really think it's a problem of the Batman universe that you can't simply kill villains off, while it's a usually pretty common to kill characters in movies. It's easy to give a bad guy a good ending if you kill him, but the matter is, Batman doesn't kill, which was something that really bugged me about both BB (when Batman leaves Ra's for death) and TDK as well as the 1989 Burton movie. It's a rule you shouldn't break, at least not without a very good reason and not without consequences, and those movies had none. So, if you can't end a movie without killing a bad guy, you shouldn't do a Batman movie IMO.

:oh3: Great, now I have "expectations", not for Two-Face (well, I hope he isn't killed off like in TDK and Forever), but for the series in general. I liked BB, but not TDK, and I hope that it isn't inspired by that too much-I don't need a realistic approach, just don't over do the fiction and have characters that aren't 2-D (or villains killed off :hmpf: ) and I'm probably fine. As long as Joker remembers to (try and) be funny, Penguin isn't a monster, Bane isn't a moron, Batman doesn't kill (or reveal his identity to every woman he's distantly attracted to :hmpf_bad: ), terrorists are kept to a minimum, and they usually let the villain live (or at least have a questionable death).

:grin:

Edited by Darth Nihilus

I wub you. :wub:

That's what I'm here for. :grin:

I love the HISHE vids, I've watched them all I think. Though the Dark Knight one is still my favorite. I just had to link it when people started talking about how Batman shouldn't kill. :grin:

Batman and Robin was epic. It wasn't as long. That was the problem with TDK. It was so long, the group I went with ended up moaning they got bored of the amount of talking involved in the film. I mean talking is essential but TDK had too much.

Batman and Robin was epic.

Uhmm, how exactly? It was a cheezy script with George Clooney running around to save his butler, fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger along the way, while he's and his partner are being corrupted against each other because of another villain who, when deciding on Robin, sends the Robin signal? :wacko: I respect your opinion, but one, how was it epic, and two, how did The Dark Knight have too much talking?

Batman and Robin is alot like highlander 2 and the matrix trilogy. It never happened. I had thought Ol' Joel had put the final nail in the bat-coffin on that one.

Sorta lookin' forward to Justice League: doom though. Batman's the bad guy, sort of.

Guys, Guys, You Do Realized they never Made Batman and Robin..I mean they talked about making it, but it never happened..

*Walks off to bed with good dreams*

Yep, Batman and Robin Never happened, the 90's films stoped with Batman Forever..

Edited by Sam Vimes

Guys, Guys, You Do Realized they never Made Batman and Robin..I mean they talked about making it, but it never happened..

*Walks off to bed with good dreams*

Yep, Batman and Robin Never happened, the 90's films stoped with Batman Forever..

Thank you! :cry_happy::tongue:

So, I went to see Mission Impossible 4 in IMAX for my birthday, and I was surprised to find a 6 minute excerpt from TDKR attached at the beginning! :sweet: Those of you who follow the news on this movie closely probably already knew that, but I had no idea, so it was a very pleasant birthday surprise for me. It was pretty cool. It showed Bane in the captivity of some thugs on a plane, and in the end, he crashed the plane with the help of a team in a second plane (to which he escaped) in a way only Nolan could come up with. But before he left the thugs' plane, he drew some blood from somebody and took that person with him. I was very confused about what was going on because I had no idea what the hell Bane was saying due to that stupid mask of his, but it was pretty cool nevertheless and I'm looking forward to the movie. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had trouble understanding him, and Nolan promised to work on the sound editing before the final release, so I'm not too worried, but I'm still a bit skeptic about how Bane is being depicted in this movie. The clip made him look like the head of a criminal organization, with people serving him, not the other way around which is usually the case. He was always more of a henchman than a villain of his own in my eyes, but who knows, this new direction Nolan is taking him might be interesting.

At the end of the clip, there were a bunch of random scenes of Batman being awesome.

You can probably find a leak of the clip somewhere.

I for one freatly look forward to the pholosophical debates between Batman and Bane:

"RHARGHRHARGHWHERERARGHGORDONEEUURGHGARBLEWARBLECATWOMANREARCH!"

"Ah, but nuerfleweurflebooblebobbletrippindippinipplsmitch!"

"REARGHREUOGH POINT CONCEEDED!"

Batbrick Away! :devil:

...The clip made him look like the head of a criminal organization, with people serving him, not the other way around...

That's exactly how Bane started within the Batman Universe and therefore perfectly fitting (look at his origin story pre-Knightfall)).

@Batbrick

:laugh:

I for one freatly look forward to the pholosophical debates between Batman and Bane:

:roflmao:

:laugh_hard: If Batman gargles Marbles, then Bane might be gargling stones. :tongue:

:laugh_hard: If Batman gargles Marbles, then Bane might be gargling stones. :tongue:

I think the comedic genius of Bane's voice is that it really sounds like there are intelligent words behind it somewhere, and the way he speaks seems like he's got an academic affectation. Its just that he's got one of these on his face that obscures all that:

XSW3RCBK.jpg

I know this is a little off topic, but I couldn't wait for this film, so I recreated a little "video" in Lego as tribute:

Topic

How did this get missed? This is great! I saw this on Reddit a couple days ago, and it is a gem!

TDKR Trailer #3 !

The only thing that I like is the promise that it's the end of Nolan trashing Batman! :wub:

My speakers are broken, so I had to watch it without sound. I can't really tell because of that, but to me it's looking like Catwoman is allied with Batman, at least at some parts. Is that right? :sceptic:

The only thing that I like is the promise that it's the end of Nolan trashing Batman! :wub:

I disagree with your opinion, though I respect the right that it is yours. :classic: