Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Jedi ambassadorial shuttle

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here is the Jedi ambassadorial shuttle. I've never seen one built in Lego, so I thought I would take a shot at it. It fits two pilots/Jedi, and the main body has no interior. So here it is!

Main pic.

cabg_572.jpg

The side.

cabg_573.jpg

The back/engines.

cabg_574.jpg

The front.

cabg_575.jpg

The cockpit.

cabg_576.jpg

The cockpit fits two Jedi.

cabg_577.jpg

Link to article

It's a good start, but, yes, there's a but. I don't like the stand, you should try to make the ship stand on itself.

I would also try to make the cockpit rounder at the bottom and the base, were all the wings come togeather needs more red at the fron. The wings themself are excellent.

Not bad, but it could use some detail. For example, instead of having plain dark red wings/ fin, you could add some details like a Republic insignia, or some greebling. The body is done very nicely, though, very smooth curves. I also like the rear engine, and how the boosters are in an angled formation.

Ahsoka you get in the back seat !

But where's R2 ?

Oops - they left R2 behind !

Great MOC '501st Commando' :sweet: - I didn't know there was such a shuttle ?

Colours spot on, but the cockpit is a bit cramped eh ? :vader:

Real tiny engines - but Anakin can fly any bucket of bolts can't he ? :tongue:

Nice build and I'm a conformist! ........oh yeah may the force or the brick be with you ! :sweet:

The shape is brilliant, the cockpit might just need to be a bit larger, but that's my opinion! I like this a lot. Great work! :thumbup:

Overall I like it. Looks very close to the original design.

The engines are very nice.

The thing that stands out most for me is the tail fin. Does it have to be 8 plates thick? That just seems to be overkill. If you could cut it down to four plates, I think it would look better. Or maybe I'm just full of crap.

The cockpit would look better if it were round, but I haven't a clue how to do it at the moment.

Still, a very nice model.

I think you should add a bit more detail to the wings but its looking pretty good so far.

The body seems very flat to me. I'm not sur why it bugs me, and also the bubble cockpit doesn't do it for me either. sorry.

Overall I like it. Looks very close to the original design.

The engines are very nice.

The thing that stands out most for me is the tail fin. Does it have to be 8 plates thick? That just seems to be overkill. If you could cut it down to four plates, I think it would look better. Or maybe I'm just full of crap.

The cockpit would look better if it were round, but I haven't a clue how to do it at the moment.

Still, a very nice model.

The reason its 8 plates thick is because the connection would leave a huge gap running through the fin. As for the cockpit that was the hardest part, because I needed it to fit two figs, but keep some what of it's shape at the same time. I hope someone will find a way to make it round sometime, but until then I will keep trying.

@Thanks for the comments everyone! :classic:

I think you should add a bit more detail to the wings but its looking pretty good so far.

Agreed. Maybe put white 1xwhatever tiles on the wings.

Looks pretty good! As the others have said, the cockpit could use some work, but it could be fine right now. Perhaps an interior? make the body a little bigger and make some seats or even a desk.

Hello!

It's really a nice start. :classic: But I also recommend more details, like structuring of the wings, as they're looking a bit plain. Also you might want to add the wing tip cannons/antennas. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I really liked this ship in the cartoon, it was so cute :tongue:

I also really dig the overall 'look' of this model, though there are some things which might have been done better. I think you did about as good a job as possible with official Lego pieces (the bobble cockpit would be hard as hell to perfect)