Sign in to follow this  
Jipay

Tag Discussions

How do you add images similar to these (those in the bottom of the image) when I write posts (if you can)?

They're called tags. Tags are awarded by staff, so you can't add them to your profile yourself. You can read a little more about tags here.

How can one get a "Bionicle Fan" tag?

Details for it as well as the Hero Factory tag can be found here.

Just a quick question-what are those badges under people's names and how can I get them?

gallery_8966_241_1060.png What do the tiny icons under a member's avatar represent?

Special tags are given to chosen members on special occasions. There is no exhaustive list of what every tag stands for, although many are awarded for significant contributions or as contest awards.

gallery_8966_241_1060.png What is the short caption under a member’s avatar?

Just like tags, personalised titles are awarded to chosen members for noteworthy contributions. Please don’t ask for one, they are given at Staff’s discretion.

From the FAQ. :wink:

Edited by mediumsnowman

can this please be put into the help forum
Hasn't it been told many times to use "Report" button found just to the left from "MultiQuote" and "Quete" buttons, instead of replying with unnecessary information and rising your post count?

Hasn't it been told many times to use "Report" button found just to the left from "MultiQuote" and "Quete" buttons, instead of replying with unnecessary information and rising your post count?

I like the irony of your post

I think this is the right topic for this... Correct me if I'm wrong. :blush:

I just noticed I got this tag: sw_silver.png

However my profile says I have not been visited by any moderators in the last few days and I'm positive I didn't have it yesterday.

It appears to be a SW tag, but I rarely if ever visit the SW part of the forum. Anyone care to shed some light on this? :wacko:

Did you participate in the Star Wars v Marvel contest a while back?

I did, and a similar tag just showed up on my profile too--who knows. Tags are always a happy surprise!

Did you participate in the Star Wars v Marvel contest a while back?

I did, and a similar tag just showed up on my profile too--who knows. Tags are always a happy surprise!

I did, in fact! I did a little more poking around and I'm pretty sure they were given out for that contest. You won Cat A and got a gold one; Graham Gidman, the Cat B winner, also got a gold one. I guess this means I took 2nd in one of the categories. :blush:

However my profile says I have not been visited by any moderators in the last few days and I'm positive I didn't have it yesterday.

I'm invisible, I lurk in the shadows...

Hi guys

I am not sure what is a proper name for those small pictures under the nick and avatar, and I don't mean these:

admin_root.gifambassador.png
(btw, I think my ambassador badge is on the wronge place:)

but the ones on the bottom, like:
"These are examples of special tags "
customs_tag.gifspacetag.jpg

My question: is there a complete list (or partial) with all those special tags and what they are awarded for?

1 hour ago, Angeli said:

Hi guys

I am not sure what is a proper name for those small pictures under the nick and avatar, and I don't mean these:

admin_root.gifambassador.png
(btw, I think my ambassador badge is on the wronge place:)

but the ones on the bottom, like:
"These are examples of special tags "
customs_tag.gifspacetag.jpg

My question: is there a complete list (or partial) with all those special tags and what they are awarded for?

There is no complete of all the special tags. 

Some of them are explained here in this topic:

Best to ask about the ones you want to know about.

Hello everyone!
I have noticed that on certain Eurobricks member's comments and such there are a number of badges (Not sure what else to call them). Some are pronouncing their wearer things like "MOC master,". My question is what are they and how do you get them

My other question is how do you get those little messages that are under a profile pic on a comment?

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Hi XBrickmonster.  That info is included in the site FAQs which you should take a look at.  Specifically, here's the spot where the avatar icons (badges) and caption are talked about:

Happy building!

As this has been answered with a link to the existing topic, I will lock this.

Very helpful @deraven. Thank you :sweet:

Not all the "tags" (badges) are listed or explained. The short answer is: Some were prizes in contests, some are given out as rewards, some are unique or in-jokes and others are explained by the text upon them. 

Titles are given out for a lot of reasons. Many of them immortalise (or at least briefly advertise) something a staff member has found that amuses/impresses them and they put it on the member. A lot of them are archived here.