Sign in to follow this  
Dave Shaddix

Guitar Player: Preview of a WIP

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

4407747035_72ffbd55f4.jpg

I decided to share one of the main focal points of my project. I usually like sharing the WIP photos, but I am trying to control this project as much as possible.

I am trying to capture a moment fozen, as with any vignette, but this is all about movement in that moment. I also want each and every element of this to work on its own as a stand alone piece, then bring them all together in one HUGE build. That being said, I have been burning through a tremendous amount of basic brick due to 'project creep' and scale.. I've been learning a lot about how much LEGO costs.

For more, check out my my Flickr page

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

'Jail break.......Jail break.........All in the name of liberty' - AC/DC 'Jail Break' :devil:

Well, what can I say, but AWESOME - that guitar and mic on a boom stand spot on and your maxi-fig rockstar just too cool !

Can't wait for WIP to finish 'Dave Shaddix' - by the way what make of guitar is it based on and is the character ment to be some one in real life ?

I'm a conformist! 'Dave Shaddix' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Hail hail rock'n'roll !

by the way what make of guitar is it based on and is the character ment to be some one in real life ?

Hail hail rock'n'roll !

Thanks for the words, I appreciate your feedback. Here are some answers for you.

Yes, I took some liberty on the guitar, and all of the guitars that are going to be in the finished product, but to reproduce the guitars just wouldn't look right. I've experimented and seen it attempted and I just don't think it looks good.

As for the identity of the rocker, I am going to keep that under wraps for now too. I will say that I am shooting for authenticity with this project and feel that I have achieved a good deal of it so far. This is all about movement!