Sign in to follow this  
JoeMI6

About the Sail Barge...

I recently watched Return of the Jedi, then realised something about the Sail Barge. Where are Chewie and Threepio in the lego version? What about some gunners atop Jabba's barge? Why does the Sarlacc look sub-par? Lego are always ready to introduce new creatures and characters, why just another Gamorrean Guard, how about some Weequay. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a brilliant model, but are lego just cutting corners that some fans might not notice?

They always have to reduce details, otherwise it would become a Hasbro set or whatever :wink:

I'm not as familiar with the OT as I am with the PT, but from what I can remember the set resembles the Barge really nicely.

Honestly, I was surprised we get the helmet Lando wears, if you think about it, there are only in very few cases more than a few special molded SW parts we get with a bunch of sets...

Well the prototype did include Chewie and Bib Fortuna, but they're not included in the final model. I don't think anyone really misses Chewie or C3PO, since I'm sure we've all got plenty of those, and the set does include 8 figures already.

I actually think the Sarlaac is great. I like the use of the curved pieces for the beak and the Viking horns fro the spikes. LEGO didn't have to include the Sarlaac at all, so I'm glad that they did :wink:

Honestly, I was surprised we get the helmet Lando wears, if you think about it, there are only in very few cases more than a few special molded SW parts we get with a bunch of sets...

I'm also very glad about that as well. I was expecting a ninja helmet with the strap printed on the minfig head, so I'm happy that they gave us a new mold!

Maybe i'm being a bit picky, it's just that it's hard to find figures such as Bib, Threepio and Chewie, as i have been out of Lego for a while, some of the prices people are selling them for are nearing ridiculous. I have no problem with the actual design, i am just a very big Star Wars fan and like to see everything done justice. Now that you come to mention it Sam, the Sarlacc TLC have done is growing on me.

You can still get Chewie and Threepio for relatively low prices on Bricklink (about $5 and $7, respectively.... pocket change when compared to what figures like Leia, Lando and Jango go for these days).

And yeah, getting a brand new helmet for Lando is nothing short of a Lego miracle. :smile:

My only beef with the Sailbarge is that there is no Salacious Crumb minifig. Jabba's just not complete without him, and I fear this may have been our last chance to get him! :(

In the inevitable re-design frenzy that'll be happening from now till 2011, I hope Lego takes some time to make us a proper Jabba's palace set with more figs.... Salacious, Oola, the band, etc. Maybe a super-deluxe set with a Rancor!

I think i'm just being picky because it's gonna be such a long time before it's released. I'm still not too sure about buying stuff off bricklink, alot of it seems a bit vague, such as P&P.

I think i'm just being picky because it's gonna be such a long time before it's released. I'm still not too sure about buying stuff off bricklink, alot of it seems a bit vague, such as P&P.

I've made many, many purchases off Bricklink, and only once have I been disappointed (one seller never sent me the goods, but after a few complaints he was barred from selling). But every other time it has been a very good experience... the pieces arrive quickly, safely, and are usually individually packed in tiny little ziploc bags. As for paying, I always do it through Paypal, which is reasonably safe.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to convince you to go via Bricklink.... some other folks have issues with it, which I understand. But I have to say that when it comes to ordering individual pieces, figures, and sometimes even sets, Bricklink is really a godsend. Usually you can get a much better deal than on eBay.

I've made many, many purchases off Bricklink, and only once have I been disappointed (one seller never sent me the goods, but after a few complaints he was barred from selling). But every other time it has been a very good experience... the pieces arrive quickly, safely, and are usually individually packed in tiny little ziploc bags. As for paying, I always do it through Paypal, which is reasonably safe.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to convince you to go via Bricklink.... some other folks have issues with it, which I understand. But I have to say that when it comes to ordering individual pieces, figures, and sometimes even sets, Bricklink is really a godsend. Usually you can get a much better deal than on eBay.

I've used Bricklink a few times, but only for little things, never whole sets. Always had a positive experience

I've used Bricklink a few times, but only for little things, never whole sets. Always had a positive experience

I've bought alot of Lego(many parts and a set) from at least 8 different stores and I've had good experiences overall. One thing to keep in mind when using Bricklink is that the online stores are usually a side-business for people holding down regular day jobs as well; sometimes seller response is delayed. I always give them the benefit of the doubt before I start emailing them, and even then I email with courtesy. One seller had a family emergency; when he sent me my invoice, he also explained his circumstances. Overall, I consider it an awesome resource. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information guys, i might be ordering some stuff from Bricklink sooner than i think, especially if they release no more sets with some of the SW characters i don't have.

Well people never had so many family problems than when ebay and bricklink started :biggrin: I heard that sooo many times. The only character I wish lego included in this set was salacious crumb. he was definitly the funniest character of this scene :(

i really like this set and can't wait for it to be released. :biggrin: the figs that we get in the set are great and more figs would mean a higher price. this is going to be a great value set so would everybody pay an extra

i really like this set and can't wait for it to be released. :biggrin: the figs that we get in the set are great and more figs would mean a higher price. this is going to be a great value set so would everybody pay an extra

What if we got UCS Sail Barge? *as Itallian pizza guy* Thats a lot of pieces. *normal* Mabey STIKfas size? That would be cool!

What?

You're nutso pally!

Please dont be mean. >:( If you want to go to the Tie Army Topic and we will see how long you last. (not to be mean) :unsure:

Could you change your sig please? It's rather big and there's not really any need for a double Sloganizer, now is there?

Please dont be mean. >:( If you want to go to the Tie Army Topic and we will see how long you last. (not to be mean) :unsure:

A. I was kidding.

B. Thinly veiled threats aren't cool.

C. Please shrink your Sig.

D. :-D

1) Matt was not mean, its a normal reaction to your constant annoying spamming

2) Threatening another member is just not tolerable !!

3) Tks for getting rid of one of your sig images (or I'll do it for you)

4) Don't even start with the Tie Army Thread...

5) That was a big warning if you didn't get it !!!!

I'm sure I'll see you in no time in the chamber !!!

Yoda

Thanks for the disciplining yoda, but if we could get back on topic please. The Sail Barge we are getting is (i definetly think) going to be big enough masterchief. A UCS one would be far too big. I think a system one is better, as it has more playability.

Yeah, I love UCS sets, but there are a lot of ships I'd rather see UCS models of before the Sailbarge. While still

a very cool part of the SW universe, it doesn't seem quite iconic enough to warrant a UCS. I'm just happy

we finally get one at System Scale! :-D

But who knows.... with another five years left on the license, anything is possible! Now a UCS Falcon, or AT-ST, or A-Wing.... now we're talkin'.

Yoda

Thanks Yoda.

ANYWAY Sailbarge. The big disapointment for me is the Sarlaac. You can't even fit a minifig in its mouth!

I'd also would have liked the set to be just a wee bit larger. So you can populate it with the inhabitants of Tatooine.

I hope we get a Mos Eisley Cantina one day. I mean a BIG one.

the biggest dissapointment for me in this set was the smaller skiff. it is too curved it has no sharp angles like the one in the movie did

Matt, i'm afraid i'll have to correct you on the problem you have with the Sarlacc, in the toyfair pics, you can clearly see poor Boba being eaten by the monster dwelling in the Pit of Carkoon.

Yoda

Thanks Yoda.

ANYWAY Sailbarge. The big disapointment for me is the Sarlaac. You can't even fit a minifig in its mouth!

I'd also would have liked the set to be just a wee bit larger. So you can populate it with the inhabitants of Tatooine.

I hope we get a Mos Eisley Cantina one day. I mean a BIG one.

well, it's that small to represent distance. We KNOW how huge the sarlaac is, but the sailbarge is supposed to be floating high above it. Works for me anyway :wink: