Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

Imperial Soldier's Mafia: Day 3

If your theory is correct, and the Lieutenant was also stabbed with a sword, it can only be Provost Guard Ian Des.

Care to share how you reached that conclusion so quickly?!

This would also put Mr. Dalese under suspicion for backing you up so suddenly and adamantly. Do we really have this many vigilant soldiers up at night, conveniently seeing the suspect's moustache? I find that hard to believe...

I do wonder, if you were this observant last night, Mr. Gale and Mr. Dalese, then what did you see in Night 1?

Ah, Mr. Yellman is feeling suspicious - what else is new. For your information, Private, I don't think that sharing this information in public was a great idea - now the killer is aware of the fact that we know how he looks like and will do everything within his capabilities to divert our attention elsewhere. Since Mr. Gale did however come forward and share what he'd seen last night, I thought it would be only fair for me to do so as well, especially bearing in mind that my observations can actually help this investigation.

"The only items issued to you, privates, are a shako, red epaulets, knapsack, uniform, musket, and a bayonet. Usually only officers are issued swords." [shows off his sword]

Ah, I wasn't aware of the fact that Privates did not have swords... Excuse my ignorance.

I guess I can see the logic behind Pvt Camon's reasoning now though... :oh3:

It seems we are off to a sad start, but I have faith that we will prevail. Long live the 42nd!

"The only items issued to you, privates, are a shako, red epaulets, knapsack, uniform, musket, and a bayonet. Usually only officers are issued swords." [shows off his sword]

That complicates things. We are clearly shown the murderer with the red epaulettes, uniform, shako and ... a sword. That is not a combination of elements that exists in any of us, moustache or not.

Why does it seem like the fates are playing cruel tricks upon us with these misleading clues?

*whispers* You know... the Commander there has red epaulettes and a sword and that sort of plain, smiling face. With his access to our supplies, he could disguise himself fairly easily and would look surprisingly like ...

4407138777_87561a3c9a_o.jpg

THE KILLER! *huh*

Oh dear!

(back to the old board of making drawings)

*whispers* You know... the Commander there has red epaulettes and a sword and that sort of plain, smiling face. With his access to our supplies, he could disguise himself fairly easily and would look surprisingly like ...

Exactly, he is obviously just trying to trick us by looking like a private, yet carrying a sword. When going to bed. We should probably lock up our belongings so this scum can't steal them. Though I dont know who to trust when this madness is happening.

If your theory is correct, and the Lieutenant was also stabbed with a sword, it can only be Provost Guard Ian Des.

What what what?! I think you're being mislead, sirrah! I was catching up on lost sleep last night, not wandering through the camp. Need I remind you again that I am here to wash away the filth from this regiment? Besides, I'm a Provost Guard, not a private! You're lucky you're clean shaven, otherwise I'd be mighty suspicious right now.

Do we not all have swords, if not someone must have stolen it. For it was clearly seen to be a private, unless Mr. Des dressed as one. :oh3:

Dress as a private? And discard these pauldrons? Honestly, think before you speak. :hmpf:

It seems like the only pieces of evidence that we have and that we can trust are those coming from our honorable lieutenant, that is, (1) he was attacked by a private and (2) he was stabbed with a sword. Unfortunately, these pieces of evidence are conflicting as only the captain and the provost guards are carrying swords. So either a private stole an officer's sword or one of the officers was disguised as a private. I'd like to hear from the provost guards and the captain whether they are missing their sword or if they have evidence to suggest that their sword was stolen during the night.

As to the killer wearing a mustache: we should only go by this information if we know the source of this rumor is trustworthy. So far, there is no specific reason to distrust Pvt. Wilson Gale, but he also has been suspiciously silent on day 1 and - especially - day 2 when his brother was executed. I too find Provost Guard Dalese's immediate backing up of the story suspicious. Looks like someone is trying to confirm us in our - wrong? - suspicions. Besides, claiming the murderer wore a mustache is a nice way to split the regiment approximately in two, thus adding to the confusion. As a mustache wearer, I know I'm probably going to be called in question now, but as half of the regiment is wearing a mustache, I'm probably speaking for more people than just myself. Besides, as you all know, with the bullet wounds to my leg and arm I sustained at Willow's Creek, I'm too slow to go out at night and commit cowardly acts like those of the past two nights. Besides, how hard would it be to appear to be wearing a mustache in the dark of night? (Let alone that the killer could have used the regiment's dress-up supplies :grin: )

I dont get why the provost guards would try and kill the Lieutenant. I feel it was a private who tried to kill him but stole a provost guard's sword. It seems more plausible to me

I'm inclined to agree with you. A private killing our Lieutenant seems a wee bit more plausible to me...

I also agree with keeping our belongings hidden and locked up. Playing it safe is our only option now.

I have to say that I really don't buy this "moustachio" theory at face value. You could be telling the truth, Mr. Gale, but on the other hand you are under heavy suspicion today, so you could be just making this up to save your hind. Your lackluster attitude towards death is also unnerving.

Fine by me. I have nothing to lose, if you don't believe my statements, then go ahead and vote for me.

I do wonder, if you were this observant last night, Mr. Gale and Mr. Dalese, then what did you see in Night 1?

Nothing worth noting in Night 1. Simply because, I was together with my brother the whole night. More like, checking something on my brother.

That information was very much appreciated.

It seems like the only pieces of evidence that we have and that we can trust are those coming from our honorable lieutenant, that is, (1) he was attacked by a private and (2) he was stabbed with a sword. Unfortunately, these pieces of evidence are conflicting as only the captain and the provost guards are carrying swords. So either a private stole an officer's sword or one of the officers was disguised as a private. I'd like to hear from the provost guards and the captain whether they are missing their sword or if they have evidence to suggest that their sword was stolen during the night.

The only clues in this game of life, which I firmly believe in, is the statements coming from right above, and that's where are the clues are at. Potato messages from each others, are subjective, and is up to you whether to believe or not, but as far as I am concerned, we could only conjuncture and relate our thoughts based on the scenes provided so far. And, no, the possibility of stealing each other uniform or whatever is just not possible. I don't think we have such capabilities to play "blame game" by pushing ourselves by swapping each others' equipment.

Except that the voice in the sky told us:

I just want to comment that I only used the cutlass because I didn't have knife at hand.

So no, we don't know that he was killed with a sword either. :sceptic:

We have the mustachio theory though, but that's only a theory, and I'm not sure I buy it either.

I can understand all of your concerns, but I'm failing to grasp why you'd think I'm trying to mislead anyone. If anything, a Provost Guard should withhold information from the Regiment in order to avoid deserters from finding out how they are being investigated - as I've already stated. The fact that I actually went as far as publicly confirming Pvt. Gale's testimony just goes to show that I, like all of you, would like to see the killer caught ASAP, so that some peace may yet return to the Regiment. In the meantime though, just because I've said his story is true, does not mean I trustPrivate Gale - as far as I'm concerned, all Regiment members donning a moustache are suspects for the killing of our Captain and Lt.; and virtually everyone is suspected of being a deserter.

Except that the voice in the sky told us:

I heard the same voice only after my earlier rant. :wink: But does the fact that the killer is a private and not an officer still stand? I believe we heard this from out Lieutenant first hand.

I stayed up a few more minutes to try and catch that soldier and question him as to what he was running away from, but I didn't hear or see from him again that night...

A round of the camp would have led you to a wounded Lieutenant. I find it strange that you can corroborate a story that would clearly lift any suspicion from you, yet didn't find our lieutenant who may have been bleeding to death.

all Regiment members donning a moustache are suspects for the killing of our Captain and Lt.

Do you have reason to believe the assailants of the captain in the first night and the lieutenant in the second night are one and the same?

A round of the camp would have led you to a wounded Lieutenant. I find it strange that you can corroborate a story that would clearly lift any suspicion from you, yet didn't find our lieutenant who may have been bleeding to death.

I wish I could have, Mr. Aellot, but I'm not precisely allowed to do anything I'd want during the night and sometimes observations are all I end up with.

Do you have reason to believe the assailants of the captain in the first night and the lieutenant in the second night are one and the same?

Are you suggesting there's more than one killer among us!? I could not have imagined that anyone would go out killing his leaders or fellow soldiers in the first place, let alone that there'd be an entire group of these people. The deserters I've sentenced to death so far have all been cowardly bastards who were just desperately trying to cheat their way out of service - and I'd never seen such atrocity before. So I guess your question has a very valid point and as a direct answer - no, I have no actual proof that there's only one killer... yet.

I heard the same voice only after my earlier rant. :wink: But does the fact that the killer is a private and not an officer still stand? I believe we heard this from out Lieutenant first hand.

We also 'heard' from the Lt. that he was outside, not inside when attacked, but Pvt. Gale says otherwise. I do not know what we are to believe or not now, except that nothing we saw may be right. I do not know why we see anything we can't rely on, but there it is.

Just to add a few more theories into the mix, I was contacted privately by a person claiming to be an investigator. Now, you don't have to believe what I say, since I can't say if I totally trust it myself, but it's worth taking into consideration. This person is after all the only investigator I myself know of, unless Mr. Gale or Mr. Dalese claim they have the power to investigate.

Anyway, the investigator said that on Night 1, he investigated Sergeant Stanely Hemphill (Stash2sixx) and found him a deserter. On Night 2, he investigated Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator) and discovered that he, too, is a deserter.

We could always test this investigator's words, but the problem is that neither of these two have done anything to rouse suspicions before this.

So we have to decide if the true investigator has finally spoken, or if this is an elaborate deserter plot made to confuse us further.

We could always test this investigator's words, but the problem is that neither of these two have done anything to rouse suspicions before this.

I don't know if this is truely a 'problem' because this is what a deserter typically would do. Not arouse any suspicion, while we call into question the honorable status of those who speak up and question someone else, which is exactly what happened to Pvt. Gale last night.

So we have to decide if the true investigator has finally spoken, or if this is an elaborate deserter plot made to confuse us further.

That... is the real million Francs question.

I don't know if this is truely a 'problem' because this is what a deserter typically would do. Not arouse any suspicion, while we call into question the honorable status of those who speak up and question someone else, which is exactly what happened to Pvt. Gale last night.

Exactly, for the more you say, it's easier to tell which side your on. They both have moustaches, if they don't stand up and prove their not guilty I'll be quite suspicous.

Pvt. Yellman's information about a Potato Message from and investigator are false accusations. I think that the investigator wont come forward but this is rather a scheme to get people to start blurting out things they shouldnt have. So why doesnt he come forward then?

False accusations are exactly what they are. Or maybe just faulty investigating? I am an investigator and can tell you this... I investigated Pvt. Dan Gale on the first night and found him to be an innocent, loyal member of this army. I then investigated Pvt. Entaine on the second night, informing him via a private letter, that I was voting for him because I knew Pvt. Dan Gale to be innocent, but would be investigating him (Pvt. Entaine) that evening. My results came back that Pvt. Entaine is an innocent and loyal member of this brigade.

So, let's see this investigator that claims to know so much come forward and prove his statements.

Anyway, the investigator said that on Night 1, he investigated Sergeant Stanely Hemphill (Stash2sixx) and found him a deserter. On Night 2, he investigated Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator) and discovered that he, too, is a deserter.

Hmm. What do these men have to say for themselves?

False accusations are exactly what they are. Or maybe just faulty investigating? I am an investigator and can tell you this... I investigated Pvt. Dan Gale on the first night and found him to be an innocent, loyal member of this army. I then investigated Pvt. Entaine on the second night, informing him via a private letter, that I was voting for him because I knew Pvt. Dan Gale to be innocent, but would be investigating him (Pvt. Entaine) that evening. My results came back that Pvt. Entaine is an innocent and loyal member of this brigade.

So, let's see this investigator that claims to know so much come forward and prove his statements.

Very well. What about Private David Reutal? I think we'd like to hear from him.

Right now, I'm suspicious of all three of you. If Private Samuel Yellman (Sandy) is telling the truth, then we have 2 good leads. Though a Sergeant siding with the Deserters - I don't want to believe that. However, if Sergeant Stanely Hemphill (Stash2Sixx) is telling the truth, then I'd like to know who this investigator Private Yellman is talking about is.

First, I will need to hear from Private David Reutal (Dragonator), and then perhaps Private Yellman about this 'investigator' of his...

Pvt. Yellman's information about a Potato Message from and investigator are false accusations.

You sound pretty confident. Are you sure about this, and if so, how do you know?

Hmm. What do these men have to say for themselves?

Very well. What about Private David Reutal? I think we'd like to hear from him.

First, I will need to hear from Private David Reutal (Dragonator), and then perhaps Private Yellman about this 'investigator' of his...

Since you should know that he is currently on border patrol duty and won't be available for another day or so, I'm a little curious why you're pushing so hard. He can't exactly reply from the woods. :laugh:

(Dragonator notified the staff that he will be out of town for an academics related event and won't be back until tomorrow night, his time)

As for the rest of the discussion...

Good lord, the clues we are not getting for days and then now we are drowning in them, but we are not knowing the truths from the falsehoods. I am going to continue to observe and see what is developing, like a fine wine I think this will all come to it's full value in time.

Hmm, this is all very interesting. I can't believe an investigator could manage to find two deserters in the first two nights. I wonder if it's possible he's paranoid? Pvt. Yellman, did you learn anything else from this investigator?

You sound pretty confident. Are you sure about this, and if so, how do you know?

Agreed. Private Toreil, if you have any useful information about these investigations Pvt. Yellman seems to have received, please tell us. We need all the help we can right now.

I dont know but of all the three people killed, they have been of a higher rank than private and they all have been honoured.

False accusations are exactly what they are. Or maybe just faulty investigating? I am an investigator and can tell you this...

Being an investigator doesn't make you an honored soldier automatically, now does it? So your story, Sergeant, and Pvt Yellman's story may in fact both be true.

Though a Sergeant siding with the Deserters - I don't want to believe that. However, if Sergeant Stanely Hemphill (Stash2Sixx) is telling the truth, then I'd like to know who this investigator Private Yellman is talking about is.

The investigator that contacted Pvt. Yellman, if he indeed is one, is likely going to be protective of his identity and talk to soldiers he can trust to spread his findings, so as to not attract the attention of the deserters. In this light, I find your claim to be an investigator so openly rather suspicious.

Furthermore, you said you investigated Pvt. Dan Gale on the first night. What were your motives to investigate this private already on the first night? If I recall correctly, his honorable status was only questioned on the second day. It's a rather big coincidence that you investigated a private on the first night that the regiment only got suspicious of the second day.

I dont know but of all the three people killed, they have been of a higher rank than private and they all have been honoured.

I don't think we can exclude anyone based on their rank in this regiment. You could even make the claim that the deserters need someone of a higher rank to support their cowardly cause.

Since you should know that he is currently on border patrol duty and won't be available for another day or so, I'm a little curious why you're pushing so hard. He can't exactly reply from the woods. :laugh:

(Dragonator notified the staff that he will be out of town for an academics related event and won't be back until tomorrow night, his time)

Oh, I was unaware he was on border patrol. Thanks for letting me know. As for why I'm pushing so hard, well why aren't you? I'm just trying to get as much information as possible to help figure this all out.