41 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

^ Thats awesome!!!!

I went to 3 different targets and non of them had these things, or any sort of acknowledgment of them.

Due to some requests from some of my favorite EB members, I've literally bought out the stock in both Targets in my area.

Due to some requests from some of my favorite EB members, I've literally bought out the stock in both Targets in my area.

Lucky your not in my area! I'm glad to have picked up three of these. If it weren't for the facts that I'm saving my money, and playing isn't really my thing, I would have bought a ton more. I also regret only getting on Shuttle. It's actually a lot better than it looks on the polybag. The back is very nice, but the cockpit design is ingenious!

Thanks for the review! My favorite part is the silver stud for the astro-droid head. The funny thing is, it's the size of the cockpit!

Giant R2 coming this way! :laugh:

Nice review. I really like this little set. I tend to shy away from the mini sets, not really my thing. I actually went to Target in search of the Easter Fire Chief set, and found all of the bagged sets there. I figured I would snag one of each and give the two mini sets a try. They are really fun. I was very happy with how much detail they can fit in the little sets. I am a fan now.

This looks nice. I'm curious to see how it compares to the old one. It seems like there's been a color shift from red to burgundy on it, but it looks okay. Lucky you that they're available in your area :cry_happy:

Ask and you shall receive:

Top View

img_2892.jpg

Side View

img_2894.jpg

Looking at them side by side, it's pretty clear that 30051 is a great improvement. The original (this one happens to be set #6963) does have the printed tiles, which is a plus. And I like the clear 1 x 2 plate for the windscreen better than the smoke colored cheese slope. Aside from that, the newer version is beyond excellent.

R2 is in a more correct location, the wings have that slope along the back edge, the engines look better, there is some greebling on the back and the nose cone is better defined. The wings stay in place better, thanks to the dual clip piece used.

As for a color shift, the original versions (6963 & 4484) both used dark red parts.

I have to admit that I am surprised. :thumbup:

The design is really cool, so is the scale and the details.

"Hey, even Luke can lift this one!" loool

Good joke! :laugh:

Think I have to buy this mini on ebay. :sadnew:

Thanks for the great review! :thumbup:

Edited by Darth Lion

I bought a ton of these. Some for gifts but I love these small sets. Put together a few of them and have them in the office.

Thanks for the review Big Cam. My only quibble with the model is that in attempting to make the model more detailed, it looks a bit too bulky for it's size, particularly the blasters. That's the one category where I'd say the older model wins over the new one; it's sleeker/more slender. Then again, neither one looks particularly good with the S-foils 'closed', so there's still that to be improved. :laugh:

These sold out pretty fast at my local Targets. A friend of mine snagged one each of the Easter impulse sets for me last Wednesday, and by the time I actually got to the store over the weekend, there were two or three X-Wings left and no RASs at all. I don't know how many the store had to begin with, but judging by the number of City sets there, I'd doubt it was a tiny number. Since there's already one waiting for me, I didn't pick up any more in the hopes that maybe some little kid might get to find some Lego in their Easter basket. :classic:

Thanks for the excellent review Big Cam. Do you know if the X-Wing is in scale with the Midi-Scale Millennium Falcon? (I just bought the Falcon and I'm thinking of getting a couple X-Wings for display)

Thanks for the excellent review Big Cam. Do you know if the X-Wing is in scale with the Midi-Scale Millennium Falcon? (I just bought the Falcon and I'm thinking of getting a couple X-Wings for display)

Oh no, the x-wing is tiny. I'm not sure the exact scaling, but it is definetaly too small to be in scale with the falcon.

Oh no, the x-wing is tiny. I'm not sure the exact scaling, but it is definetaly too small to be in scale with the falcon.

Yeah, I just built the falcon and judging by your pictures I doubt it's to scale. :pirate:

But I don't really mind, I think they'd look nice together.