L-space

MOC: The Boathouse

indexed.gif

the Boathouse

This is the model I wanted to start my Unseen University project with. However it didn't work out, I missed some piece and after several tries wasn't happy with the outcome. During the build of the other models I gathered the right bricks and ideas.

It is all in all a simple and straightforward model. But there is no more to it; just a shack with doors the put a boat in. So I added some more surroundings then I normally do.

As you can see rowing on the river Ankh isn't allways easy. It it is much easier to just step out and push the boat. :laugh:

00_boathouse.jpg

03_boathouse.jpg

06_boathouse.jpg

08_boathouse.jpg

more on brickshelf, MOCpages and flickr

Enjoy

This is a very nice little MOC, and it's great to see you continuing the Unseen University series.

However, knowing the undescribably filthy condition of the river, I think you should portray that more in your MOC as well. Instead of making it simply blue with a few bubbles, why not add slabs of sand green and sand blue, some vegetation and a dead fish or two? :grin:

Cute 'L-space ! :sweet:

Love the birdlife - great brick-built ducks ! :sweet:

Those green doors - pretty but gee you have to be thin to walk in eh ? :grin:

It's simple in design although heaps of detail - does the wizard own the place does he ? :grin:

Fantastic work 'L-space' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

A neat creation! Perhaps the building itself could use some more detail though, some plants and ornaments will spice it up.

The road behind it looks great with the cobblestones. :thumbup:

I like it, for some reason I get the effect of wind, it works. Are there more that go with it?

This is a very nice little MOC, and it's great to see you continuing the Unseen University series.

However, knowing the undescribably filthy condition of the river, I think you should portray that more in your MOC as well. Instead of making it simply blue with a few bubbles, why not add slabs of sand green and sand blue, some vegetation and a dead fish or two? :grin:

Yep, I may have to recreate the river. I might postpone it untill I get to making a bridge over the river so I can create a large piece at once. This even might be my first attempt at snotted water. It will make it easier to incorporate filth and such.

Cute 'L-space ! :sweet:

Love the birdlife - great brick-built ducks ! :sweet:

Those green doors - pretty but gee you have to be thin to walk in eh ? :grin:

It's simple in design although heaps of detail - does the wizard own the place does he ? :grin:

Fantastic work 'L-space' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The only wizards that play sports are freshmen. By the time they get to their second year they have enjoyed university meals to much to fit through these doors. :laugh:

A neat creation! Perhaps the building itself could use some more detail though, some plants and ornaments will spice it up.

The road behind it looks great with the cobblestones. :thumbup:

Indeed it is a simple building but like I said it is basicly a shack. Once you look at the big picture (when all is finished) it will settle in quit nicely.

I like it, for some reason I get the effect of wind, it works. Are there more that go with it?

Yes, there are. As the title says this is part 6. In the picture below you can se the progress.

This MOC looks great. When are you planning on finishing this project?

That is a difficult question. Somehow I don't ever want to finish. However I'm waiting an a last order for HEX and after that I will start puzzling on The Tower of Art, the Clocktower and the Great Hall. Realisticly and seeing how much I will need for the Great Hall and Clocktower it might take another 18 months. Maybe in time for Legoworld, Zwolle in 2011? If they will have me.

uu_map_lego_progress_6.jpg

And thanks for the interest all. :thumbup:

Edited by L-space

looks very nice L-Space.

Funn to see the wizard can really walk on the river Ankh.

Thanks L-space for another fantastic Disc-World creation!

I really enjoy your MOCs as well as the universe itself.

Very well done! :sweet:

~A.S.

Looking good L-Space! :thumbup:

Its nice and simple, I like the Red roofs, very cute!

The back, ground is nice and pebbley.

I like the little warf and boat ramp.

Nice job, looking forward to seeing more parts!

CommanderFox

The doors, birds and cobblestone are the best part imo.

Although the boothouse is supposed to be just a shack, it could maybe use a bit more detail?

Looking forward to your next creation(s)!

I love it, although I always pictured the Ankh as being a really sludgy brown color. Very difficult to recreate that dirty river feeling, I know - especially in a small scene. If you ever do a larger part of the river, maybe adding some assorted flotsam and jetsam would help. A couple of 1x1s with clips could be dead fish floating on the water.

I love it, although I always pictured the Ankh as being a really sludgy brown color. Very difficult to recreate that dirty river feeling, I know - especially in a small scene. If you ever do a larger part of the river, maybe adding some assorted flotsam and jetsam would help. A couple of 1x1s with clips could be dead fish floating on the water.

I know what you mean; Pratchett makes it a big deal as to exactly how polluted the water is, the only plausible way i could picture of doing it is getting a while bunch of dark brown plates and layering the river with them and then putting a layer of trans-clear plates on top of that. :laugh:

I'm a big fan of Discoworld L-Space, keep up the MOC's!

I know what you mean; Pratchett makes it a big deal as to exactly how polluted the water is, the only plausible way i could picture of doing it is getting a while bunch of dark brown plates and layering the river with them and then putting a layer of trans-clear plates on top of that. :laugh:

I'm a big fan of Discoworld L-Space, keep up the MOC's!

The plan for now is to wait untill I have finished (and started) a bridge over the Ankh.

then I will bring all the water down to the level of Ankh-Morpork. If I can get that low. :laugh: