Sign in to follow this  
TonsOfFun5

MOCs For Sale?

Hello everyone! Im new to the site and am loving everyones Pirate MOCs. Does anyone ever sell what they create? And if they do where do they do it?

Is it something only done on ebay? Thanks for letting me share in the Pirate Lego universe!

I think that's very rare. I haven't heard of anyone selling their MOCs, at least not in the Pirate Forum.

Welcome to Eurobricks and Classic Pirates! :pir-classic:

Didn't CGH sell a ship with disastrous shipping consequences? :pir-tongue: I think you'd have to be extra careful about how you were going to move any MOC around; it's not like most come with instructions.

I imagine everyone has a price. If the builder thought they could subsidise some amazing new project by selling off an old one, perhaps they'd go for it. You might be better 'commissioning' an experienced builder to produce a specific work for you, which seems to be the more common way to do things.

Yeah it makes sense that MOCs wouldnt be sold too often. Im sure they would be expensive and very difficult to ship. But when I was looking through old posts and pictures I stumbled across this old MOC, Fort Brighton , and Ill admit, I went striaght from 6 to Midnight. Id love to have every peice of that.

I think you'd be better off building that yourself. It seem as though there are allot of simple pieces you cold get cheaply on bricklink, and then build it your self.A MOC of that size, and with that older, simpler style of building, wouldn't be that much money to piece out (compared to buying it), and with so many pictures you don't really need directions.

Didn't CGH sell a ship with disastrous shipping consequences? :pir-tongue: I think you'd have to be extra careful about how you were going to move any MOC around; it's not like most come with instructions.

He talked about selling the Prins Willem when he completed it.

Though I have never seen any MOC sales over eurobricks.com

edit: Look in post #116

Edited by the_green_avenger

He talked about selling the Prins Willem when he completed it.

He was talking of selling it to a museum though, not an individual. I know he sold La Mort Royale to Commodore Hornbricker, but unfortunately it was somewhat destroyed in transit. :pir-hmpf:

Some people wanted to buy my going merry ( I received about ten mails of people who wanted to buy it, and 2 people wanted to buy it at Japan expo 2009 where I showed it. ) , but I never sold it, or a replica because I'm a lazy man ! ^^

Maybe I should. :pir_laugh2:

Two prominent custom set creators have offered Pirate sets in the past.

Check out Eric Druon's Puerto Brico: http://www.baronsat.net/baronshop/PuertoBr...uerto_Brico.htm

Dan Siskind created the Salty Anchor Tavern: http://www.brickmania.com/pirate-theme-kits It is sold out but the instructions can be purchased through the Brickmania instructions club.

Ben

After completing my current ship I and someone else start on a secret project which we may probably sell or rent to a museum...

Reason 1: It's cool if people see your creation, otherwise it's fate will be to get dusty somewhere in the corner of my room while no one knows about it except Eurobricks.

Reason 2: If it is a success we defenitely continue doing it!

Reason 3: Tryng to make it even better next time!

Reason 4: Perhaps there might be even some profit in it...

Instead of buying a ship, you could also follow Capt. Greenhair's 'build a frigate' thread.

In that way you can build a good frigate, you can adjust things in your own way, and it's probably cheaper because you don't have to pay for the effort someone puts into his ship.

So if you want a nice ship, I think it's a lot cheaper to do that, and you won't get a half destroyed ship that you buy from someone :pir-wink:

If you are interested, take a look here

Instead of buying a ship, you could also follow Capt. Greenhair's 'build a frigate' thread.

In that way you can build a good frigate, you can adjust things in your own way, and it's probably cheaper because you don't have to pay for the effort someone puts into his ship.

So if you want a nice ship, I think it's a lot cheaper to do that, and you won't get a half destroyed ship that you buy from someone :pir-wink:

If you are interested, take a look here

Building yourself is the best way to go, if you want a ship just look at CGH's tutorial. Its very easy to understand and if you build it yourself you can show it off saying, "look what I built".

Its your call though.

Edited by Ratshot

After completing my current ship I and someone else start on a secret project

*cough*Link*cough*

^^For the number of people who will actually click this, it's hardly worth it. :pir_laugh2:

Hello everyone! Im new to the site and am loving everyones Pirate MOCs. Does anyone ever sell what they create? And if they do where do they do it?

Is it something only done on ebay? Thanks for letting me share in the Pirate Lego universe!

Well im new too. And people usally don't sell there MOCs because there might be important pieces in there. I rember i sold two of my pirates for 1 imperial soldier and 1 imperial guard.And they didn't have guns,hats,one didn't have a face, another didn't have a hand! you can see why most people don't sell MOCs, they pay good money and it might not be worth it.

There are quite a few builders that accept commissions along with some stores on BrickLink that sell smaller sets, but usually nothing large to sell. I've seen a few commissions get large, but never usually anything else.

Never on Eurobricks either. :pir-tongue:

what is the fun of buying a MOC? is it not more fun the rebuild a MOC so you have the MOC and also build it?