Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Black as Night

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I Enjoy horror, Halloween and the Night time in general, and around Halloween, I decided to make a series of MOCs using only black and some trans. pieces.

I really like this style of vignette, because it doesn't require a vast collection of multi-colored bricks, unfortunately it is hard to photograph them, and sometimes the get a little crowded, as evidenced in my final one, which I also deem my best.

Well enough chatter, here are the pics :classic:

The skeleton's night ride 4382778347_0900b1efa0.jpg

Somewhere in Paris or London at night 4383538172_121d07035d.jpg

The grave-yard overgrown 4383538728_8c3e2934df.jpg

Hope you enjoy, and please comment so that I know that you at least checked it out! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

The first one is really cool it looks like a silhouette and really nice job on the trees :thumbup: however the graveyard one is a little harder to see(colors blending together)

The first one is really cool it looks like a silhouette and really nice job on the trees :thumbup: however the graveyard one is a little harder to see(colors blending together)

you mean color? :grin: I do understand what you mean, I am unsatisfied with the pics I took, but I didn't have time to make any others before my cat knocked the tree off.

In your second picture "Somewhere in Paris or London at Night". Is that some sort of demon?

Originally I intended for it to be a werewolf, but it was a little to big, so instead of scrapping it, I decided that it didn't matter, a monster's a monster, so it's up to your imagination :grin:

Thank you!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I'm sure these look better in person since solid black is hard to photograph, but even with that said, it looks really cool. I love the scene in the 3rd one.

Wow I love the second one. Don't worry about the seize, compared to the door behind him he looks just about right to be a werewolf!

Oh wow, these are great! Very atmospheric and moody, almost scary... I love how the light reflects off the surfaces, creating this "play of light and shadows" kind of feeling to these vignettes.

It's great that you didn't just do a monochromatic vignette with random black pieces, but actually put thought and a hint of story into them.

Hello!

The creatures are pretty good, resembling combinations of various hinges and clip pieces. The shape definitely turned out well! :classic:

The images are not bad either. All the details are there, just very dark. If you don't mind, I'd like to send you some processed images of yours where you can see the details better. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Really nice monochromatic work! :thumbup: I really like the second one, scary! :tongue:

Thanks! :grin: I like the second one too, because it has a less cluttered, more organized feel than the others which are supposed to represent natural places.

I'm sure these look better in person since solid black is hard to photograph, but even with that said, it looks really cool. I love the scene in the 3rd one.

They do :blush:

Wow I love the second one. Don't worry about the seize, compared to the door behind him he looks just about right to be a werewolf!

Oh wow, these are great! Very atmospheric and moody, almost scary... I love how the light reflects off the surfaces, creating this "play of light and shadows" kind of feeling to these vignettes.

It's great that you didn't just do a monochromatic vignette with random black pieces, but actually put thought and a hint of story into them.

Thank you, but what do you mean random black pieces.

Hello!

The creatures are pretty good, resembling combinations of various hinges and clip pieces. The shape definitely turned out well! :classic:

The images are not bad either. All the details are there, just very dark. If you don't mind, I'd like to send you some processed images of yours where you can see the details better. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you, They do resemble hinges and clips... :wink::look: don't they?...

Wow, You'd process my pictures? That's very nice of you. :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat.

Indeed the pictures are quite hard to see on a photograph but the first one is clear enough.

And it looks very great! De black bricks give it an extra scary look.

It's a very original idea and a really nice result :thumbup:

I've never seen anything like this before, good job!

Great vigs danny! Considering their monochrome nature, the photos turned out pretty good. The second one is probably my favourite. It always stands out (to my mind) when someone creates something out of Lego with dark overtones. Of course, I'm a complete wimp when it comes to horror, but good work anyway! :thumbup:

It's a very original idea and a really nice result :thumbup:

I've never seen anything like this before, good job!

Nice, especially the second one. Mind showing us that creature by itself?

I dismantled it, but I may rebuild it to take pics of it individually, I feel silly for forgetting to take pictures of it, but takeing pictures of the backdrop only :wacko:

Great vigs danny! Considering their monochrome nature, the photos turned out pretty good. The second one is probably my favourite. It always stands out (to my mind) when someone creates something out of Lego with dark overtones. Of course, I'm a complete wimp when it comes to horror, but good work anyway! :thumbup:

Why, Thank you.

also, extra thanks to Legostein, who took my showcased pictures and brightenned them up so that the detaill is visable :grin:

4392961947_4b8c4586d5.jpg

4393730040_759a32a4e2.jpg

4393730046_2746c73acc.jpg

Thanks!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by dannylonglegs

Both the dark and lightened pictures look awesome. As sillouetes they give a sort of feel, and when lightened you can see the massive amounts of detail! Good work on creating very atmoshpric MOCs.

Great work. Black is always hard to photograph and I think you've done a pretty good job at it. The vignette looks awesome too!

I got to get a first look at them before you all. My jaw dropped when I saw these they were amazing. Great job dannylonglegs.