Sign in to follow this  
Perterz

RustedRat

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Good day all,

After my first large scale car I've build a second one, another rod.

There's not much to say about this creation, a rough 800 pieces found their way into this.

The main experiment was to create some rusted bits and pieces through the bodywork and engine,

I've tried to accomplish this goal by using Reddish Brown parts, I intented to use this color mixed with some Dark Orange but I had to scrap the last one since the parts I need do not exist in that color or were to expensive!

I'm really happy with the result, I love Rat Rods and hope to build/drive one someday in my life.

I hope you enjoy the MOC as much as I do, if I only could eliminate the dust :cry_sad:

O yeah note that the 2 yellow Technic connectors will be replaced by black ones, the 2 trans medium blue dishes I used as lights will be replaced by trans yellow ones.

01.jpg

FLICKr

Kevin

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Excellent work Perterz. :thumbup:

The overall look certainly screams ratrod to me.

Small comment: I would change the wheels. front wheels to the rear and more narrow wheels on front.

Other then that it is just perfect.

Excellent work Perterz. :thumbup:

The overall look certainly screams ratrod to me.

Small comment: I would change the wheels. front wheels to the rear and more narrow wheels on front.

Other then that it is just perfect.

Thanks man! Yes I feel the same, front wheels are to wide. The day LEGO produces the wheel that would fit the best in Black is the day those wheels will be added to the MOC..

Sidenote:

Did I post this in the wrong forum?!

Kevin.

Edited by Perterz

As promised, the Trans Yellow dishes and Black connectors are added to finish the car :classic:

14.jpg

The yellow headlights are definitely an improvement. I can understand the issue with the tyres. the ones with a fairly large diameter tend to also be very wide.

There is an alternative to the front wheels you've used on this one though.

I took a picture of some of the different tyre sizes LEGO makes a while ago.

2836018640_34118a29f9.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the type you've used in the front is shown on the bottom row, 2nd from left. The one above it in the picture (bricklink) has the same diameter, but is narrower. You can get similarly styled rims for the wider tyres as well (bricklink) (not shown in my picture) so that you can have matching rims on the front and rear wheels.

Cheers,

Ralph

The yellow headlights are definitely an improvement. I can understand the issue with the tyres. the ones with a fairly large diameter tend to also be very wide.

There is an alternative to the front wheels you've used on this one though.

I took a picture of some of the different tyre sizes LEGO makes a while ago.

*snip*

If I'm not mistaken, the type you've used in the front is shown on the bottom row, 2nd from left. The one above it in the picture (bricklink) has the same diameter, but is narrower. You can get similarly styled rims for the wider tyres as well (bricklink) (not shown in my picture) so that you can have matching rims on the front and rear wheels.

Cheers,

Ralph

I've used the bottom row second from the right at the front, I'm looking for these in black for the front.

Those are the narrow version of the rim I used currently but it doesn't exist in black :sceptic:

I'm looking into your picture for other rims, thanks!

Kevin

Wow, a truly stunning moc, looks pretty much exactly like a Ratrod! I love all the detail you worked in, down to the ehadgear hood ornament. Great job, and keep bricking :thumbup:

I've used the bottom row second from the right at the front, I'm looking for these in black for the front.

Those are the narrow version of the rim I used currently but it doesn't exist in black :sceptic:

I'm looking into your picture for other rims, thanks!

Kevin

You're welcome. For me building a LEGO car usually starts with finding the right wheel. I'd love to have some of the ones you linked to in black. I could do with a few more greay ones, too actually. I think I have two of them right now.

Have you considered the older style model team wheels? Even though they were never available in sets, some of them are for sale on bricklink (I happen to have bought two of them only last week). With the matching tyre they'll give you the same diameter.

BTW, I realise that I completely forgot to compliment you on the actual MOC. It looks suitably ratty and has some really neat details such as the little teeth under the radiator.

Cheers,

Ralph

Wow, a truly stunning moc, looks pretty much exactly like a Ratrod! I love all the detail you worked in, down to the ehadgear hood ornament. Great job, and keep bricking :thumbup:

Thanks, glad you like it!

You're welcome. For me building a LEGO car usually starts with finding the right wheel. I'd love to have some of the ones you linked to in black. I could do with a few more greay ones, too actually. I think I have two of them right now.

Yes me too! I have a bunch of white ones tho..

Have you considered the older style model team wheels? Even though they were never available in sets, some of them are for sale on bricklink (I happen to have bought two of them only last week). With the matching tyre they'll give you the same diameter.

These indeed are pretty interesting, their design is growing on me and having different widths is very welcome!

BTW, I realise that I completely forgot to compliment you on the actual MOC. It looks suitably ratty and has some really neat details such as the little teeth under the radiator.

Cheers,

Ralph

No problem, thanks for the words and help!

Kevin