Sign in to follow this  
Brickus

Favourite UCS Set

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

What is your favourite Ultimate Collector Series Set

Mine is The UCS Millennium Falcon with the UCS Yoda as a close second.

Someone should add a poll to this topic. I'm interested in which one is the most popular.

My favorite would have to be Cloud City or the Sandcrawler. I like figure sized sets the best. The Yoda looks pretty great but I don't own that set so I'm not sure about it yet.

Edited by Rock

Mine is a toss up between the Yoda (which I have) and the Tantive IV (Which I HAD but returned... this was before the end of my dark age *slaps self silly*) I was glad I had the yoda set when I started MOCing. It was a great source of parts!

This is all hypothetical since I don't own any :cry_sad: But the Millennium Falcon captivates me. After that, the Blockade Runner and the Y-Wing look best to me.

I Could never decide!

I love Basicly all of them. Special Mention goes to

Y-wing

X-wing

Snowspeeder

Falcon

Maul

Yoda

Star destroyer

Titantive (don't own it, But looks lovely)

Sorry, but they are all amazing :classic:

I dont own any but the top two I want would be the Death Star and MF

Out of what i own, i think i rather like the AT-ST for looks and the Y-WING for accuracy and detail :thumbup:

but my FAVORITE UCS has to be the Rebel blockade runner, so beautiful :cry_happy:

Someone should add a poll to this topic. I'm interested in which one is the most popular.

My favorite would have to be Cloud City or the Sandcrawler. I like figure sized sets the best. The Yoda looks pretty great but I don't own that set so I'm not sure about it yet.

A poll sounds like a great idea! Although we should be sure of what is meant by 'UCS'. I've a rather strict definition myself i.e. not a toy (display only) and the design is not compromised for the inclusion of a Minifig (so basically a sculptural piece which if it includes a Mini then the set is to scale).

As a side note I'd have to say that the popularity of minifigs seems to have killed the series (sadly)...

Back on target: I've just completed building all 14 (going by my definition & also Bricklink's) and it's a tough, tough call for 1st place. The Falcon is simply an epic build, the X-Wing truly classic, the Death Star II wonderfully inventive, the Star Destroyer undoubtedly impressive and Maul was just superb. I could go on and on but then I'd have to write an extensive review which I could cutely (but not quite accurately) title "The UCS Challenge: 14 Sets in 14 Days"!

Currently all are still built and I tend to display 3 or 4 at any given time around the apartment. Many of the sets complement each others design aesthetics beautifully so that again makes it hard to pin point an overall winner (the weaknesses of one set can be offset by the strengths in another- Yoda & Maul together is one such example). If I were to compare UCS' to each other then I'd need to consider several categories and no single model could win in every one of these...

But if my life depended on it (and just to get that gun out of my face) then I'd say the Falcon- simply because it's just so darn big, accurate & iconic!!!

how do you keep them clean while on display? they get covered in dust every other day and if i don't dust them it sticks and then needs to be washed off!

how do you keep them clean while on display? they get covered in dust every other day and if i don't dust them it sticks and then needs to be washed off!

A $5.00 Electro-static brush! Not quite a sonic screw-driver but it does the job in a jiffy!

The falcon for me, just because it looks so much like the movie version (well according to me)

If it counts the sandcrawler since it is the only one I have.

Well maybe because its the only one you have then we should count it :classic:! We'll probably have to lobby Bricklink though :hmpf_bad:

In truth the definition of a UCS is an old debate made even murkier by LEGO marketing strategies. There's a long thread about it in the achieves somewhere but in the end whatever you think is probably O.K. by many (i.e. whatever has appeared as a UCS on Shop@Home), but the purists (myself included) will be a bit fussier :wink: !!

I seem to have the same idea of what an UCS set is as Aeroeza. So for the sets that enter in that category, I think they're all fantastic looking. But my very all time favourite shall allways be the Star Destroyer. After all, it's THE most iconic ship in the SW Universe and it's the first set that brought us a whole new scale and level of detail from TLC. When I first laid my eyes on it in the SW Magazine a few months before it was released, I was just blown away and I knew I had to have it... (took me then 3 more years to save enough for it...) And even now, I'm still in awe whenever I look at it.

I seem to have the same idea of what an UCS set is as Aeroeza. So for the sets that enter in that category, I think they're all fantastic looking. But my very all time favourite shall allways be the Star Destroyer. After all, it's THE most iconic ship in the SW Universe and it's the first set that brought us a whole new scale and level of detail from TLC. When I first laid my eyes on it in the SW Magazine a few months before it was released, I was just blown away and I knew I had to have it... (took me then 3 more years to save enough for it...) And even now, I'm still in awe whenever I look at it.

You just can't beat the sweet, sweet taster of your first UCS!! :pir-cry_happy: The Falcon was mine (and so set my standard) but I've got to admit the Star Destroyer is on display right now! (In original Grey)

This is one of those things that really gets on my nerves. What is UCS!

For me Bricklink has it closest but even then i don't consider the minifig Death Star UCS.

So with that in mind i really love my Snowspeeder! The details are perfect in almost every way and it is just a treat to look at. I still have to open my UCS Falcon, Death Star II, AT-ST, Vader Tie and General Grievous so there could be a small chance i might change my mind after the Falcon but who knows.

It's gotta be the Corellian Corvette for me. It's an amazing model. And it was made back when blocky models were still the norm, but Lego would be in tough to try and improve it now. But having said that, you really can't go wrong with any of Lego's UCS sets. My second favorite would probably be the Chicken Walker.

The best part about this poll is that there are no losers. All of the UCS sets are fantastic in their own way.

If I had to choose only out of the 5 UCS Sets I actually own, I would have to go with Vader's TIE Advanced. Great detail, and swooshable. And it's a TIE :wub:

Overall, the Millenium Falcon is probably the best available, although the ISD is incredible as well. Such a hard choice Picking the best.

Lego made the What-is-UCS debate harder by including minifigs with the Falcon.

Bearing in mind I haven't built the Falcon yet, and owning all except Maul, Grievous, DSII and the AT-ST, I'd have to go with the 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner - almost perfectly accurate, sturdy, and looks fantastic.

I also love the Snowspeeder and the X Wing. The 10030 Star Destroyer is a little to fragile and 'empty' for my liking, though it looks great. The Y Wing is superbly detailed but the proportions aren't quite right.

This is one of those things that really gets on my nerves. What is UCS!

For me Bricklink has it closest but even then i don't consider the minifig Death Star UCS.

So with that in mind i really love my Snowspeeder! The details are perfect in almost every way and it is just a treat to look at. I still have to open my UCS Falcon, Death Star II, AT-ST, Vader Tie and General Grievous so there could be a small chance i might change my mind after the Falcon but who knows.

Good point on that Minifig Death Star :thumbup: (I'd forgotten they'd added that one). Perhaps the listing on Brickset should be considered more canon...

http://www.brickset.com/search/?theme=Star...lector%20Series

If we're being generous in our definition of UCS, i.e. we're including the Death Star I, I would have to vote for that.

If we take the strcit definition, it would have to be the ISD - more than 3 foot long and totally awesome !

Dr. D.