EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Alien again. Probably the first time since Prometheus came out (whoops). Still my favourite of the franchise.

4 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

All 3 The Naked Gun films. So silly, so great! :laugh:

3 of his best

16 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Alien again. Probably the first time since Prometheus came out (whoops). Still my favourite of the franchise.

I agree completely. The first film is basically a completely different genre than its successors. 

The Amazing Bulk.

A Hulk Parody mess thing. I appreciated it. It's hard to say I liked it, but it was definitely worth watching.

Just caught the first available showing of Wonder Woman with my girlfriend last night. Absolutely incredible.

Get Out - Incredibly well paced for a horror movie, actually creeped me the heck out in broad day light. Excellent social commentary as well that blended perfectly with the horror which of course is the master stroke of any good horror film. The fear stems from the realism of the horror and despite some aspects towards the end being obviously and purposely ridiculous, the situations are protagonist are put in throughout are not.

Logan - Fantastic movie, extraordinarily well conceived. I had never read the Old Man Logan comic series and when I read their premise I was really concerned the movie was going to be ridiculous. However they went an entirely different direction while keeping that same dystopic feel and it works perfectly with the X-Men franchise. To me anyways, i'm not a big comic reader so i'm coming at this having only ever watched the films. 

On May 29, 2017 at 9:55 PM, Artanis I said:

Alien is a masterpiece. To me at least its one of the greatest films ever conceived and executed. 

Edited by Forresto

In the past month I watched, for the first time, the following movies:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Spaceballs

The Medallion (mid-oughts Jackie Chan flick)

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Summer Wars

Get Smart

Wolf Children

The Princess and the Frog

Fast & Furious 4

Fast Five

Taika Waititi's Boy

Storks

Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life

Pirates of the Caribbean 5

xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Monty Python was my favorite out of all that. Pirates 5 was really disappointing. Middle School is a pretty crappy kids' movie (unlike Storks. I really recommend that.) which, for some reason, has a literal M Night Shyamalan plot twist in it. I also quite disliked Fast Five, more than the other 3 of those movies I've watched. It was too long and too ridiculous and ceased to be any kind of enjoyable once it stopped being a heist movie.

Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Though Time, and Wolf Children are all terrific anime films by the same director. I highly recommend all three of them.

Edited by PicnicBasketSam
added more movies

Finally got around to seeing Rogue One. It was okay, but like 1-3 you knew where it was going. Missing Carrie Fisher.

5 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Finally got around to seeing Rogue One. It was okay, but like 1-3 you knew where it was going. Missing Carrie Fisher.

How did you not know where Rogue One was going?  I really don't understand what you are trying to say. 

27 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

How did you not know where Rogue One was going?  I really don't understand what you are trying to say. 

Because that's not what was said. "You knew where it was going", just like episodes 1-3.

Just now, Artanis I said:

Because that's not what was said. "You knew where it was going", just like episodes 1-3.

sorry misread the statement.  I still thought it was good. 

56 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

I mean...you could say that about every star wars movie, except maybe Empire Strikes back. You know the good guys are gonna win, steal the plans, blow up the death star, etc, etc, etc...

In a way, yes, just like 90% of movies!

Get Out - forgot what genre it was supposed to be, so I didn't exactly see what was coming, but once I realised, I did see what was coming. A lot of those "tries not to be racist, ends up being racist" moments:facepalm:

The Mummy. Was pleasantly surprised. I knew of the reimagining of the Universal Monsters...but they really surprised me during the movie. It was better than the previews make it look. 

On 5/14/2017 at 8:22 PM, Artanis I said:

First movie I saw at the cinema. Got a bit scared by The Dip, haha. Was fine apart from that though

Now that I'm an adult and I know about the ingredients that are used to make The Dip, I have to say that it really is scary stuff.

If you're talking about the last one I've seen in a theater, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I think as a movie it was better than the first(especially the villain, the villain was one of my favorites in the entire MCU), but I find that I enjoyed the first one more, of that makes any sense.

Beauty and the Beast (Live Action version) - Absolutely hated it. I've really enjoyed Disney's live action films for being just enjoyable retellings of the classics but this one just felt lifeless and devoid of character to me. 

The Lego Batman Movie - Absolutely love it. TLBM is hilarious and I was surprised at how well made it is. I love the real bad guys and seeing them all interact was brilliant. 

Well, I got around to watching two movies (on DVD). 

First one Power Rangers (2017). As others might of pointed out. To much of the rangers in civilan mode and not enough of the power mode. And then their is the zords fighting, they didn't even show the forming if the mega zord. All you could see was the zords what looked like getting burned up and then next the mega zord. If I had to sum this movie up, I would say their was too much of a Bayformers influence in this movie. 

Then Logan, I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone. But if you want to see a X-Men movie / Western movie. This is the movie for you. (I will say I liked the comic book Easter egg they put in the movie.) 

Finally caught Alien: Covenant at my local second-run theater. Pretty decent; as a standalone film, it would've been a little more lacking, but as part of a long-running franchise we've already seen before, it was a fairly good expansion. Not quite enough time horror-ing and a smidgen too much time thinking out loud, if you ask me.