EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Well I watched Pete's Dragon (2016). And I thought the plot was more believable than the original movie. But I did have a problem seeing the dam thing. Half the time it was barely lit (I guess it was night time). But now I had this problem with other movies as well. 

Then I watched Moana. I guess Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was good in this movie. And I wondered what was wrong with that chicken (did he have some sort of mental problem). 

Life. Story was okay, but most of the characters were boring. Could have used some more space shots. End scenes were the best part of the film.

Get Out. A brilliant satire by Jordan Peele (of Key and Peele fame) that is sometimes funny and more often than not scary. Definitely the best-made horror film I've seen in a  while.

14 hours ago, Forresto said:

Rogue One: Still an excellent movie :classic:

Same. I noticed the Ghost in more shots than before. Curiously, there was one of it above Scarif before the rest of the fleet had warped in, and then moments later it warps in...:wacko:

Life - an entertaining flick, although I had to suspend disbelief for some of the creative liberties taken with the science... 

Gone Girl - a well-crafted piece of storytelling with two great lead actors, and profound social commentary

30 minutes ago, slopemodified said:

Life - an entertaining flick, although I had to suspend disbelief for some of the creative liberties taken with the science... 

Gone Girl - a well-crafted piece of storytelling with two great lead actors, and profound social commentary

I watched Gone Girl a couple of months back. Incredibly well-made.

Is Life as much of an Alien ripoff as it looked in the first trailer?

Edited by PepperoniBricks

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I watched Gone Girl a couple of months back. Incredibly well-made.

Is Life as much of an Alien ripoff as it looked in the first trailer?

Yeah I was getting plenty of Alien vibes while watching. I guess it goes to show star power does not necessarily mean a great movie.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:56 AM, LEGOshibainu said:

Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark!

*snip*

What a coincidence, Raiders is the last one I watched too!

In the past month, I have watched:

- Kong: Skull Island

- Hunt for the Wilderpeople

- Phantom Boy (a French animated film from 2015)

- When Marnie Was There

- Gravity

- The BoxTrolls

- Howl's Moving Castle

- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

- The Fast and the Furious

- Ponyo

- The Prestige

- The Hunt for Red October

I think When Marnie Was There is my favorite out of this bunch... although I also very much recommend Hunt for the Wilderpeople and The Prestige.

Re-watched Star Wars (the original trilogy) today and yesterday. It has been a while since I watch any of them. And for some reason I thought it might be good to watch them for the Easter weekend. 

Frequency (the original film, not the recent CW series). A lot better than I anticipated!

EDIT: Oh, and The LEGO Batman Movie, of course! Can't believe it took me this long! :laugh:

Edited by Master_Data

On 4/16/2017 at 8:54 PM, Master_Data said:

EDIT: Oh, and The LEGO Batman Movie, of course! Can't believe it took me this long! :laugh:

I kinda in the same boat. I seen the movie last Monday at a second run theater. 

Thor II

Not as good as I remember, although parts of it are brilliant. It makes me relieved that Natalie Portman won't be back; she's one of the movie's many weaknesses.

It also makes me even more disappointed we never got any Lego sets for it--there are a ton of missed opportunities there. Maybe when I find time to start MOCing again I can try to fix that...

Animal Farm (1999). Great movie, though I do prefer the book.

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others..."