EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

On 08/01/2017 at 1:40 PM, Forresto said:

The Sixth Sense - Brilliant movie. M. Night is a fantastic director and even though he's had a few flops and bad ones I don't think he deserves nearly any of the vitriol and hatred he receives. 

The fact alone he was considered for a brief moment as the next ''Spielberg'' after Sixth sense, then proceeded to make some of the most inhuman cinematical experiences since... ( Last air bender, After Earth and oh my god the Happening) 

I think he was lucky with Sixth sense, there is no way to mess up that many movies if you have real talents as a director. As a rule of thumb you have to make 3 good movies to be considered as a good director. With M.Night, there's not debate towards his best movie, it's sixth sense, the rest ranks from meh to wow this is awefull, from my humble opinion. 

Just saw 'Passengers' last night. Without saying too much; it's a romcom in space.
Nice visuals though, and I am not talking about Jennifer Lawrence only... :blush:

But, I expected more; maybe some alien infestation on board.

Spoiler

Could have been riding along with the meteor that punctured the ship...

Or something more in the style of 'Pandorum' or even 'Event Horizon' (Thanks, Laurence Fishburne for reminding me of that movie).

Edited by -zenn

On 03/02/2017 at 3:11 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

Saw Rogue One a second time.

Great film right? It's definitely up there with my favourite Star Wars film (Empire Strikes Back). 

On 04/02/2017 at 10:00 AM, -zenn said:

Just saw 'Passengers' last night. Without saying too much; it's a romcom in space.
Nice visuals though, and I am not talking about Jennifer Lawrence only... :blush:

But, I expected more; maybe some alien infestation on board.

Ah I enjoyed Passengers :laugh: I thought it was much better than the trailer made it out to be. 

Went and saw The Lego Batman Movie today in 4DX. Amazing! I loved it. Been looking forward to it for a while now and it had a good few laugh out loud moments for me. 

Rogue One third viewing. From the arrival of the Death Star at Scarif to the end is absolute emotional perfection! 

The LEGO Batman Movie, It's hilarious and full of references to the 60s TV show 

"We're going to punch them so hard that giant words appear in the air!"-Batman

Columbus

Captain America: Civil War - I liked it, I liked it quite a bit. As someone who didnt much like either of the Avengers movies I have to say the Captain America movies are solid. 

I watched the second part of season 4 of Vikings, and I despise it as much as I liked season 3. Where the Franks showed great strenght, ingenuity and tactics the Saxons are dissapointing as ever. ( I know the show is not historically accurate ).  Era saxon infantry were not on par with vikings infantry, but the Saxon's main assets, cavalry ( vikings were absolute SHIT vs cavalry ) and archers are barely showcased.