Sign in to follow this  
Chris Phipson

MOC - MOCaritaville

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

One of my entries for the 2010 MocAthalon over on MOCpages. My category here was "Objects shown actual size." Basically, build something out of Lego to real life proportions. I decided to do a blender.

1266543841m_SPLASH.jpg

I'm really happy with this build. My main source of giddyness comes from the technique I used to attach different diameters of circles to one another to give the build a "cone" type shape at the base of the "glass" portion.

12665359052_SPLASH.jpg

The base of the blender has spinning blades for dicing up even the toughest ABS fruit.

12665359083_SPLASH.jpg

The lid also uses the same basic technique for combining different diameters of concentric circles. I'm not going to lie, this was harder to come up with that it looks. The main issue with this (and on the base of the main blender part) was doing the diameter changes so that you couldn't see the seems. Some people are still trying to figure out just how I did it... can you?

12665359095_SPLASH.jpg

Here's a picture of me holding it to show that not only are those things really attached at the bottom, but that this thing isn't one of those "don't breath on it or it will fall apart" mocs.

12665359106_SPLASH.jpg

And a final shot of "MOCaritaville" in its natrual environment. I've already been talked in to building glasses for this and bringing the set to BrickWorld this year! If you're there, drop by and take a look. It's a LOT cooler in person.

12665359107_SPLASH.jpg

That's it for now. Hope you all enjoyed it!

Till next time true believers!

~Chris.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Phipson, THAT is a masterpiece!

How many speeds does it have? Seriously though, this looks really good. The fact that it is solid and can stand up on it's own is really great. Now, if you can rebuild it and seal up all the seams...

Totally AWESOME - a Lego blender - too cool for the kitchen ! :grin:

You only need to seal up the gaps and power function it - that would make it beyond awesome !

Great MOCing 'Chris Phipson' and I'm a conformist! ! :laugh:

Chris Phipson is a man that likes blended drinks and is NOT ashamed to admit it! I'm especially loving the pitcher, if this is one you're going to keep around or show, I might consider making the base a brighter color ...red maybe. OOOH, dark red! I would LOVE to see the pitcher partially filled with trans orange cheese slopes or something,