119 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new over detailed minifigs

• Yes, especially Greivous!
    • No, they look like megabloks!
    • Well, I like Boba but not Greivous.
    • I couldn't care less.
    • What new figs?
    • Added: I like both equally.
    • Added: Maybe if Greivous's head was different, it would be better.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I'm talking about these guys:

21079_305069896798_202559486798_3529629_7181837_n.jpg

TOY_4134_resize.JPG

21079_305077391798_202559486798_3529727_330413_n.jpg

TOY_4667_resize.JPG

I would got for choice number 3. Boba looks really good, Grevious looks really bad, to me.

Vote away! :laugh:

By the way, if you have a different opinion, feel free to tell me and I'll add it as an option!

Edited by KimT

Where are the options: yes, especially Boba, or I like both of them :cry_happy:

I'll go for: more details is better

I think they both look really cool, Boba is awesome and GG looks very cartoony, because he is from a cartoon. Besides the arm technique he looks a lot like the character from the show.

I dont like how non-traditional Grievous is, but I understand why they made him like that, since this is really what the younger audience is really going for. I like boba though, I'm very impressed by that.

Boba is in no way overdetailed. he's perfectly fitting the lego style I'd say, and I think it's a great upgrade from the old one. I love the way the new version allows for a face and some turning now that the jet and helmet are separate. the only downside is the helmet mold itself gives up details to the paint job, which I thought made the clone wars clones lesser figs than the ep. 2's, but I'll consider it a fair tradeout for the new helmet accessory system.

I think grievous is overpainted. the new arms kinda rock, not so much how they attach to each other because that absolutely kills the figure, which i actually otherwise like. but I wanna see em on all the battle droids. reminds me, i like the way the legs are separate.

I like Boba, but I agree he's too detailed. Same goes for GG, and he should be way taller and his neck should be shorter, and there should be a better way to attach the additional arms.

I don't like BF's helmet. It doesn't seem very Lego-like. It looks more like someone took the helmet from an action figure and stuffed it on BF's head.

GG looks very action figure-y too. Though he still retains a bit of a Lego-like feeling. That neck, head and torso hardly look like Lego at all. I think something of a cross between this version (which is too much detail and new parts) and the old version (which was terrible) would have been better.

Steve

It seems to be the way of the future with LEGO generally - bigger and more detailed.

I don't know why there seems to be dislike of Grevious - if you watch the movie, or cartoon, he is a flurry of limbs with malevolent, staring eyes, which is pretty much what you've got here :thumbup: This version is much more menacing and posable than the 2005 version, which is a good thing in my book :thumbup: I like Boba too, and it's about time he was updated. I don't see any particular resemblance to Mega Blox so this poll seems obviously biased :sceptic:

I actually dislike the bulbously oversized AT-AT driver/ TIE pilot helmets in the Jan wave a lot more, and those stupid new Hoth headgear-and-goggles assemblages which look even worse and are seemingly designed at a different scale to regular figs. At least Grevious is supposed to be huge and awesome looking! :wink:

Honestly the only thing I don't like about Boba is his gun :tongue: , and the sand blue is weird too, The pictures on the internet don't have him in sand blue.

I would got for choice number 3. Boba looks really good, Grevious looks really bad, to me.

Agreed, my opinion exactly. :sweet:

CommanderFox

Boba Fett = :classic::cry_happy:

Grevious = :sick::cry_sad: <----- Major case of MegaBlock ickyness. Atleast it'll be good quality.

Edited by The crazy one

Boba is good, Grievous, I'm unsure, looks like the Toy Story crap we got earlier this year, what is LEGO becoming.

I actually rather like them both, but at the same time I don't. I think the amount of detail put into them is great, but they sorta look too Hasbro-y too me, rather than Mega-Bloxy.

-'Skintas

Both figs in my opinion look way too mega-blocky for me. General Grievous might as well be a mini action figure, and the Boba-Fett helmet is waaaaay to detailed. I like the old helmet much more. Although I'll still probably buy the Slave I, and maybe GG's fighter, I'm really disappointed in how Lego has redone these figs. :hmpf_bad:

It seems to be the way of the future with LEGO generally - bigger and more detailed.

I don't know why there seems to be dislike of Grevious - if you watch the movie, or cartoon, he is a flurry of limbs with malevolent, staring eyes, which is pretty much what you've got here :thumbup: This version is much more menacing and posable than the 2005 version, which is a good thing in my book :thumbup: I like Boba too, and it's about time he was updated. I don't see any particular resemblance to Mega Blox so this poll seems obviously biased :sceptic:

I have to agree. It doesn't seem to me that Boba's helmet is really any more detailed than Clone Commander Whose-His-Face, or a TIE or AT-AT pilot. Is it really so different from the double-sided torso printing and leg printing we've started to see in Lego?

Lego seems to be in a no-win situation with making a Grievous fig. While a few like him, the overwhelming majority hate this incarnation it seems. This one actually looks pretty good compared to the last, in my opinion. And he should be far more mobile, I'd like to think.

I think the new Boba Fett looks good but the helmet looks really cartoony. General grievous' body is a marked improvement over the previous version. But I am most pleased with the new general grievous head, it may be a tad cartoony but compare it to the previous version and it looks like manna from heaven :classic: .

I actually like the new Grievous a lot. Enough to actually want to buy his fighter for it. (That and the Nahdar Vebb figure. :classic: ) I like the new head mold, just not the neck, it needs to be shortened. The Torso looks fine to me, and I love the shoulder plates where the arms connect. The arms themselves are alright by me, and the connection method is good, just not perfect. Now what I really love about him are those legs. They're just so mech-ish that I love it. :cry_happy:

Boba is alright too, but I do think his helmet could've been a little bit more mold-oriented and less detailed. The guns kind of annoy me too. If they're gonna put a technic pin on the end of one, at least make it black. And why does he come with Grey accessories, such as the gun and helmet antenna? I like the antenna being grey, but the pistol should be black. I also don't know how I feel about the sand blue, but it's still a nice fig. If I have the money for it, I'd get this set. Or maybe just order a Boba and Bossk off Bricklink. :tongue:

Edited by Guhin

I really like the new boba the detail is amazing. Grievous, while I do like all the new parts for him I feel that they needed a better way for his 4 arms. I dont really like the way that they just attach to his main arms. His new face is a lot better than the original. Im undecided weither to buy the new Grievous Starfighter yet. I will probably need to see a review for it to make up my mind or just great S@H images.

I don't like BF's helmet. It doesn't seem very Lego-like. It looks more like someone took the helmet from an action figure and stuffed it on BF's head.

Perhaps it's the apparent "milkiness" of the sand green helmet that makes it look odd. But looking at Boba from the 3D render images from the

Toyfair handbook that helmet looks pretty good.

Thi-sen would be one of the worst for this wave, he has a shrunken head! At least the other figures are in proportion.

No hard choice for me:

Boba - :thumbup:

Grievous - :sick::thumbdown:

Boba looks great. :thumbup: He is exactly how I want a Boba fett fig to be, and makes the old boba look like a piece of junk. Now if they ony could put him in a magnet pack.... :wub:

Grievous looks horrible, though. He looks like one of those Mega-crap figs. :thumbdown: I´ll probably get one just to have it, but I´ll always use my MOCed one for brick flicks, pics etc.

come on guys! we are FINALY getting awesome new minifigures, that acctualy look like characters from movies and series - perfect movie&cartoon accurate grievous and perfect boba with new prints and details and you complain and praise that odd crap from old grieovus that looks like apsolutely nothing and that old boba is better cos this one is too detailed, look like action figure etc...come on! :thumbdown:

we should all be happy lego finaly started to produce figures as they should be - accurate, detailed, movie/cartoon correct

Edited by Davor

The more Lego will try te be realistic, the more you will notice it's impossible with a minifig, and the more cheap the minifigs will look. Thats how Mega blocks look anyway.

we should all be happy lego finaly started to produce figures as they should be - accurate, detailed, movie/cartoon correct

It seems like people forget these are toys. The cool thing about toys is that they are not correct, but try to be in a certain way, but also try to be playable. The Hasbro figures are so damn accurate and realistic these days that they have lost all there charm, they are just dull ministatues and I don't want that to happen to Lego, the next step is extra joints in the arms and legs. Alos, the more you try to be realistic, the more the flaws get highlighted.

Honnestly, which one do you prefer,

the toy version

d_10498.jpg

or the desperatly realsitic version?

3408699269_0edb7f7d47.jpg

The more Lego will try te be realistic, the more you will notice it's impossible with a minifig, and the more cheap the minifigs will look. Thats how Mega blocks look anyway.

It seems like people forget these are toys. The cool thing about toys is that they are not correct, but try to be in a certain way, but also try to be playable. The Hasbro figures are so damn accurate and realistic these days that they have lost all there charm, they are just dull ministatues and I don't want that to happen to Lego, the next step is extra joints in the arms and legs. Alos, the more you try to be realistic, the more the flaws get highlighted.

sorry but new minifigs like clone pilots in ARC look more realistic, more detailed and 10x better and didn`t loose any of the playability. can you say zev senesca looks bad? or jag? just cos they look more accurate? they look cheap and megablockish? don`t think so.

i have feeling somethimes that some ppl would love the most 70s minifig without head print and without arms with just a green one with signed "this is boba" , white one with sign "this is clone trooper" , black one "this is vader"...or 2x4 brick with sign (or sticker) saying "boba", "luke"....WELL this way it would be more playable for sure :wink: :wink: .. :devil:

fact is that ppl are stucked in the past...

Edited by Davor

fact is that ppl are stucked in the past...

Good point, but I tried to look realistic at this and I still stand by what I say, for instance, I didn't use a vintage Luke bespin as an example. Most fans now are over the flesh minifigs and admit that they look better now, so they aren't that stuck in the past I think.

I don't know if it's correct, but don't most people think that the regular Stormtrooper looks better than the Stormtrooper with printed legs, which is more realistic. I for once prefer the one without printed legs.

about Zev Senesca (had to google it) he looks terrible and illustrates my point. He's nicely detailed, but the printing is awfull, the white of his vest is pink because it's to transparent. Like I said, when you ad that mush detail the errors get more visable, same case with the Hoth Rebels there helmet.

Edited by Bobskink