Rock

Most Expensive Lego Set

I was wondering what lego set is the most expensive now. I thought that it would be one of the UCS Star Wars sets but I was far off.

The 6399 Airport Shuttle sealed is $1425.86 at the lowest price on bricklink.

Bricklink 6399

Does anyone know of a set worth more or close to that?

Wow, that's expensive. I don't think I know of a set more than that. :oh3:

Uh, no, the lowest is now $330. Still an awful lot, but not the most expensive.

He's talking about sealed sets.

He's talking about sealed sets.

Oh, well he did say lowest price, but that makes a lot more sense.

There go my dreams of having a mint yellow castle... :cry_sad:

I was wondering what lego set is the most expensive now. I thought that it would be one of the UCS Star Wars sets but I was far off.

The 6399 Airport Shuttle sealed is $1425.86 at the lowest price on bricklink.

Bricklink 6399

Does anyone know of a set worth more or close to that?

Check it out! now its over $2,300

The Statue of Liberty MISB is pretty hefty at $900.00

Bricklink: Statue of Liberty

The instructions for it are $65.00 which is pretty high.

I looked into it and the most expensive not official Lego set was a Batman statue that sold for $27,000.

Batman Statue

I personally think that the first ever Lego sets would be worth the most. Back in 1935 they were wooden. I can't find any for sale.

1935 Lego Sets

There is a guy on Bricklink selling an MISB 7740 12V train for $4000. However, these Bricklink items people are bringing up have not actually sold at those prices, at least not yet. A seller can charge whatever they like but it doesn't mean much unless someone actually buys it.

I once saw an MISB 852 Sky Copter on ebay sell for $1800. That was for many years the most expensive purchase I saw there, but there have probably been others surpassing it lately.

I don't know if anyone on Bricklink ever had an MISB 106 UNICEF Van for sale, but if they did I bet that would have cost even more. Even the used ones have gone for around $1500 according to Bricklink's price guide. This set is in remarkably high demand for its size. I guess collectors want those printed UNICEF panels. :tongue:

0106-1.jpg

Edited by CP5670

Always bet on the yellow castle: $1,800 MSIB

So the MISB I bought for 62 Euro a couple of years ago might pay for plenty of Grand Emporium and other sets...?

Actually, you're all wrong. The most expensive LEGO "set" (heh heh) would be the LEGO Duck.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Duck

One of, if not the first LEGO product ever made. I'm sure it would sell for a fortune most of us could hardly conceive of here.

The first pull toys are basically impossible to find. It would be a great addition to my collection.

Actually, you're all wrong. The most expensive LEGO "set" (heh heh) would be the LEGO Duck.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Duck

One of, if not the first LEGO product ever made. I'm sure it would sell for a fortune most of us could hardly conceive of here.

:huh:

No, no, NO! Damn! I remember having one as a child (found it at a yard sale), but my mom threw it out when I was around 9 or so. :cry_sad: It wasn´t in the best condition, but still...

I´ll see if I can find any pics on it.

:huh:

No, no, NO! Damn! I remember having one as a child (found it at a yard sale), but my mom threw it out when I was around 9 or so. :cry_sad: It wasn´t in the best condition, but still...

I´ll see if I can find any pics on it.

Wow! You most likely threw out a couple thousand dollers. There has never been a wooden pull toy on bricklink or ebay in the last year.

I don't know if anyone on Bricklink ever had an MISB 106 UNICEF Van for sale, but if they did I bet that would have cost even more. Even the used ones have gone for around $1500 according to Bricklink's price guide. This set is in remarkably high demand for its size. I guess collectors want those printed UNICEF panels. :tongue:

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/0106-1.jpg

There was also a Danone van with printed bricks which was quite expensive too (maybe not as much, though)

Edited by antp

Check it out! now its over $2,300

A better judge of it's value would be what someone has actually paid for it. According to the price guide, you shouldn't pay more than $1,599 for a MISB Airport Shuttle

A qiuck BL search for items for sale for over $1599 shows 37 sets and while a number of them haven't been sold (there's no price guide info at all on some of them, other times, only used sets have sold), I think that the most promising one on there is 1651-2 Maersk Truck This beautiful (sic) 6 wide truck sold used for $1500. It also has some extremely rare parts on it. Brick hinges and car doors that've never been sold in Maersk blue. The Maersk blue train rail is a $15 piece. That 1X5X6 window on the back? It's a $65 piece, and the shutters are $32 each, for used ones.

1651-2.jpg

If Steam Engine 7750 came up for sale new at a reasonable price, I believe that one would far outweigh the Maersk Container truck, considering people pay up to $645 for a used one.

I quit looking through that list when I saw someone selling the Batcave MISB for $2500. The closest anyone has paid for a MISB Batcave is $399.

Always bet on the yellow castle: $1,800 MSIB

That was going to be my post.

So the MISB I bought for 62 Euro a couple of years ago might pay for plenty of Grand Emporium and other sets...?

I don't mean to sound cynical, but show us pics or I call your lie. A MISB Yellow Castle for 62 Euro, I doubt it.

Aren't it millenium falcon?

Isn't it, maybe??

Isn't it, maybe??

Nope, it's still hovering around the MSRP. Just wait 10 and then check BL.

I'm not sure about resales and everything like that, but I'm pretty sure the most expensive set priced by Lego was the UCS Millennium Falcon, which had a retail price of 500 USD. That's a lot for gray plastic.

Click

According to this search I did the 3 top most expensive things on BL are

1. Custom set for $10,000 :tongue:

2. New MISB 7750 Steam Engine- $8,000

3. LIT2005 LECA Automobile LEGO Inside Tour (LIT) Exclusive 2005 Edition - $8,000

:wink:

Click

According to this search I did the 3 top most expensive things on BL are

2. New MISB 7750 Steam Engine- $8,000

3. LIT2005 LECA Automobile LEGO Inside Tour (LIT) Exclusive 2005 Edition - $8,000

:wink:

Wow, I can't imagine anyone (even us LEGO fanatics) spending over a few thousand dollars on any one lego thing. I personally couldn't put down even a couple hundred dollars on a lego set.

This doesn't even have a picture of it. :hmpf: It might be fake, or just a lazy guy with unrea;istic expectations.

there's also a few things on ebay with high asking prices.. of particular hilarity is the $4,500 IJ minifig "that will never be made for a while" (link) free shipping!

is it possible to search BL for the highest prices that have actually traded?