Sign in to follow this  
Fistach

[MOC] Snow plow

SNOW PLOW

00.jpg

GALERIA

This is my next creation. At first I wanted to model the cabin of a real truck but I quickly found out I don't have enough white parts at my disposal.

Dane Techniczne:

Dimensions (without plow and spreader)

Length: 470 mm

Width: 144 mm

Height: 220 mm

Plow:

Width: 208 mm

Weight: 2890 g

In MOC I used:

motors.jpg

1x XL

5 x M

1 x BB

7 x lights

2 x IR

4 x extension wire (3x 200 mm, 1 x 500 mm)

3 x PF switch

2 x large pneumatic cyllinder

1 x small pneumatic cyllinder

2 x clutchgear

2 x pneumatic valve 3/3

2 x small pump

4 x yellow shock absorbers

1 x blue rubber belt

I used much less parts than in my previous MOC Telehandler.

Functions:

1) Drivetrain, steering, independent suspension on first axle. Axles 2 and 3 have pendular suspension and four wheels on each axle

2) Lowering/raising of the plow

3) Plow tilting

4) working spreader

5) Flashing lights (3 pairs)

6) Compressor with autovalve

7) working cabin doors

Drivetrain:

02.jpg_thumb.jpg 01.jpg_thumb.jpg 03.jpg_thumb.jpg 05.jpg_thumb.jpg 08.jpg_thumb.jpg 14.jpg_thumb.jpg

Chassis is made of bricks with little amount of liftarms. It's 6 studs wide - except the location of XL motor where it is 8 studs wide. Turning radius is quite short therefore the truck is very manouverable.

Plow:

15.jpg_thumb.jpg 09.jpg_thumb.jpg 14.jpg_thumb.jpg

I created this MOC to test the pneumatics. This is my first MOC with compressor and autovalves. The circuit is powered by two small pumps - that allows precise control of the cyllinders.

Salt spreader:

11.jpg_thumb.jpg 12.jpg_thumb.jpg

Is working while the truck is moving.

Flashing lights:

04.jpg_thumb.jpg

The truck is equipped with 3 flashing lights. On top of the cabin, at the back and one on the plow.

More photos

13.jpg_thumb.jpg 10.jpg_thumb.jpg 07.jpg_thumb.jpg 06.jpg_thumb.jpg

Movie

Very well done! I always love it when lots of functions are hidden inside a great looking MOC. The plow is especially inspired.

I love it, coming from a place that has many snowplows, I just love it.

So much detail in the power section. It looks really good, just like a larger snowplow would.

I just figured out how you got the lights to blink. Now that I have a set of blinking lights, what should I do with them? :tongue:

Honestly, this is a very impressive MOC. I'd like to know how you worked out your steering. Everything I try to make an RC steer either overheats the motor or is just plain ineffective.

If you could post some more "how it works" shots, I'd really appreciate it! :thumbup:

Hello!

It's huge, detailed, and fully functional. :classic: I wish I had one here for all the snow we have here this winter! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I just figured out how you got the lights to blink. Now that I have a set of blinking lights, what should I do with them? :tongue:

Honestly, this is a very impressive MOC. I'd like to know how you worked out your steering. Everything I try to make an RC steer either overheats the motor or is just plain ineffective.

If you could post some more "how it works" shots, I'd really appreciate it! :thumbup:

You can check my other moc's or see my video if you don't know what to do with flashing lights (althoug I invented more effective and using less parts system for that) here:

I wanted to make a police cruiser once but I still need to gather some parts to do that and I had also postponed it after starting the construction of my next vehicle:)

I will try to make some photos while disassembling the vehicle.

Hello!

It's huge, detailed, and fully functional. :classic: I wish I had one here for all the snow we have here this winter! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

We I heared about the snowfalls in germany :) Don't worry spring is comming ;) I also was in Italy during previous week and I saw some awesome equipment there and also in AUstria, Germany and Switzerland:) I took lots of photos.

You can check my other moc's or see my video if you don't know what to do with flashing lights (althoug I invented more effective and using less parts system for that) here:

*snip*

I wanted to make a police cruiser once but I still need to gather some parts to do that and I had also postponed it after starting the construction of my next vehicle:)

I will try to make some photos while disassembling the vehicle.

We I heared about the snowfalls in germany :) Don't worry spring is comming ;) I also was in Italy during previous week and I saw some awesome equipment there and also in AUstria, Germany and Switzerland:) I took lots of photos.

Disassembling it? :cry_sad:

Can't wait to see the next one though!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Disassembling it? :cry_sad:

Can't wait to see the next one though!

I have to :) I need some parts (motors) for next MOC. I already have working chassis therefore I think I should finish it in a month - I also have all the parts I need for it :) Except few liftarms and a string :)