legolandia

Stands for the Star Wars sets?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I was looking at some of the pictures of the Toy Fair 2010 and noticed that Lego was using some very nice 'invisible' stands for the ships/vehicles it was displaying. Made of clear perspex. Are those stands for sale? If not does anyone know where to get something nice. I am mainly thinking of something nice and low profile to display my Imperial Star Destroyer 6211 and Republic Attack Cruiser. I think they would look nice lifted a few inches in the air, maybe slightly tilted by a nice stand that is not very visible. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/advice please?

I was looking at some of the pictures of the Toy Fair 2010 and noticed that Lego was using some very nice 'invisible' stands for the ships/vehicles it was displaying. Made of clear perspex. Are those stands for sale? If not does anyone know where to get something nice. I am mainly thinking of something nice and low profile to display my Imperial Star Destroyer 6211 and Republic Attack Cruiser. I think they would look nice lifted a few inches in the air, maybe slightly tilted by a nice stand that is not very visible. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/advice please?

never been to toy fair but i am assuming you are talking about plexiglass casing. you can easily make them by yourself. google and find the vendor who sells them in sheets, then cut them as you like. depending on it's size and structure, you might need to order thicker sheets. gl.

No, I was mainly referring to some of the pillars that hold the ships up in the air (like the one supporting Plo Koons fighter). It's made of clear acrylic and is quite low profile.

I think they would look nice lifted a few inches in the air, maybe slightly tilted by a nice stand that is not very visible. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/advice please?

What you'll probably do best with are most commonly called acrylic risers. The easiest way to find them is to search for that or visit office supply stores or sites specializing in store display accessories.

I have looked everywhere on line for somewhere to buy plastic three pronged display stands to make ships look as if they are in flight! Any ideas anyone? I need help!

I haven't purchased any, but these may be what you're looking for

Flexidisplay

They're used by Rebelscum (a Star Wars collector site) for photographing Star Wars vehicles for their photo archive. I'm sure they'd work just fine with LEGO sets, too.

I haven't purchased any, but these may be what you're looking for

Flexidisplay

They're used by Rebelscum (a Star Wars collector site) for photographing Star Wars vehicles for their photo archive. I'm sure they'd work just fine with LEGO sets, too.

That's exactly it! Thank you! My pain is at an end!

Ah, nice one. That's what I have been looking for as well for ages. My only worry is if the stands would be able to hold the Venator republic attack cruizer and the imperial cruizer?

Wow, those stands look great! Really useful for displaying cruisers and other things of the sort. :thumbup:

Ah, nice one. That's what I have been looking for as well for ages. My only worry is if the stands would be able to hold the Venator republic attack cruizer and the imperial cruizer?
It should be able to hold if you use two or three, not sure about one though as it says that it can only hold two pounds.

They would be really great for a good space battle scene or a speeder flying over a battle. Great find, they would be really useful

Let's merge these together since they are the same subject and almost identical titles and the answer covers both topics. :thumbup:

I think they look sturdy but that are'nt as clear as I'd like. They have the solid pieces at the end, and that may get into your picture. I think a solid clear stand would be better, but these are a great alternative.

Glad I was able to let everybody know about these. I've been trying to find out more about them; I know the 1st version had the dark knobs on the end (you can see them in the link I provided -- the set that's at a discount), but the 2nd version come with clear acrylic knobs so they're less visible.

Here's a thread from 2007 discussing the 1st version. Scroll down and you'll find photos of the flexidisplay stand holding up the models from 7190 Millenium Falcon, 7163 Republic Gunship, and 7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit. I don't know if the 2nd version has the same weight limits, but I'd think they'd be pretty close. Based on these pictures, I'd bet they could hold up most of the System-scale models, but maybe not some of the bigger UCS models (of course those already come with stands).