Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Flagship of pirates fleet - Pluto

thindexedgif.gif 109A

Hi, I am a rookie member here. This is my first post.

From years ago, when I bought 6286 SES, I was dreaming I could have a pirates fleet.

During these years, 6286 SES has been the flagship for a long time.

From 2009, I was building a whole new pirae flagship, starting with LDD.

Here is my new pirates flagship - Pluto.

I appreciate any suggestion, thanks for your advice.

22565_1310600839111_1053303884_967390_7715198_n.jpg

22565_1310600799110_1053303884_967389_1213326_n.jpg

22565_1310602079142_1053303884_967391_2316994_n.jpg

22465_1313857400523_1053303884_975599_6677356_n.jpg

22465_1313857520526_1053303884_975602_7827633_n.jpg

22465_1313857800533_1053303884_975609_1978885_n.jpg

22465_1313858040539_1053303884_975615_5260773_n.jpg

22565_1308225499729_1053303884_962116_1982064_n.jpg

22565_1308224859713_1053303884_962100_449520_n.jpg

22565_1308224419702_1053303884_962090_8161683_n.jpg

22565_1308223619682_1053303884_962071_238690_n.jpg

22565_1308225339725_1053303884_962112_8361067_n.jpg

22565_1310600639106_1053303884_967386_5814713_n.jpg

22565_1308223379676_1053303884_962065_255728_n.jpg

More detail on Facebook album:

Click here for detail

Brilliant, awesome ship, I love the size and the guns, so many guns.

I love how tall it is and how deep the hull is.

Really great ship, this definetaly makes the grade.

blogged.png

I like the tiled deck, the colours and the size :pir-classic:

There is however, some room for improvement:

-lower the spanker sail a little bit

-remove the flag on the bowsprit

-and I would do the pirate image on only one sail but that's just personal.

As you can see these are just some minor changes, the rest of this ship is very nice.

You also did a great job on the figurehead! :pir-skull:

This is... HUGE. The back of the ship - in a menacing black - is my favorite part.

Excellent! As said before, very menacing. I wouldn't want to run into it on the high seas. The only changes I would make on it are the Cannon port covers, maybe make them 2 x 2 flag size. Try printing out a bigger flag for the back, possibly a real Pirate's flag. (ie: Blackbeard, Morgan, Rackham) A little bit of history never hurts :pir-wink:

-Will

It was not until I saw the comparison shot of the Pluto and the SES that I really noticed the size of your ship...

Holy cow, that ship is just massive. I am blown away.

There are numerous great details on this ship, but I am not very experienced in building ships, to give constructive feedback, although there are a few things I would change.

For example; there is room for more cannons - there's a gap between some of the cannons on the side, which look a bit strange. I know that the gap is there because you've placed an entrance to the lower deck, but maybe you should redesign that, in order to get a more even look with the cannons

Also, I would make all the sails more yellowed/old - and perhaps without the skull design.

But those pictures are very enjoyable to browse through. So many details.

My favourite part is definitely the whole cabin section, or perhaps the front section with the beast eating a skeleton.

Edited by Lorentzen

Brilliant, awesome ship, I love the size and the guns, so many guns.

I love how tall it is and how deep the hull is.

Really great ship, this definetaly makes the grade.

blogged.png

Thanks, arranging those guns really made me crazy; fortunately, finally I could find a way to keep all of them.

Thank you.

I like the tiled deck, the colours and the size :pir-classic:

There is however, some room for improvement:

-lower the spanker sail a little bit

-remove the flag on the bowsprit

-and I would do the pirate image on only one sail but that's just personal.

As you can see these are just some minor changes, the rest of this ship is very nice.

You also did a great job on the figurehead! :pir-skull:

Aye aye, sir

The spanker sail, right?.okokok, that's one of some part which I am confused with.

And the flag on the bowsprit I would remove it also.

And the Pirates image is just a try to make this ship more colorful(not exactly), I am planing change back to with only 3 of them

Wow. Just wow. One of the best I've seen here. :thumbup:

Thanks, I learned a lot from here and still I have to learn more from other profeesional work people published here as well!!

This is... HUGE. The back of the ship - in a menacing black - is my favorite part.

Thanks, when I did this part I realized it's really difficult to make a pretty back of a ship.

And finally I choose a tricky way and fortunately it's not bad. :pir-cry_happy:

MY GOD! :pir_bawling: That is beyond epic!!! Congrats for making such a fine vessel!!! :pir-classic:

yeah :pir-cry_happy: Thank you! Now Pirates could maintain the advantage in the ocean! :pir_laugh2:

Excellent! As said before, very menacing. I wouldn't want to run into it on the high seas. The only changes I would make on it are the Cannon port covers, maybe make them 2 x 2 flag size. Try printing out a bigger flag for the back, possibly a real Pirate's flag. (ie: Blackbeard, Morgan, Rackham) A little bit of history never hurts :pir-wink:

-Will

Thanks for your advice!..Your idea is good!

Origionall I choose these covers for making them looks more massive.

But after I finished the work I found the visual effect is not as good as my expectaion.

Also the pirates flag on the back is a little small, so that would also be my next work for this ship.

Thanks for your idea!!

It was not until I saw the comparison shot of the Pluto and the SES that I really noticed the size of your ship...

Holy cow, that ship is just massive. I am blown away.

There are numerous great details on this ship, but I am not very experienced in building ships, to give constructive feedback, although there are a few things I would change.

For example; there is room for more cannons - there's a gap between some of the cannons on the side, which look a bit strange. I know that the gap is there because you've placed an entrance to the lower deck, but maybe you should redesign that, in order to get a more even look with the cannons

Also, I would make all the sails more yellowed/old - and perhaps without the skull design.

But those pictures are very enjoyable to browse through. So many details.

My favourite part is definitely the whole cabin section, or perhaps the front section with the beast eating a skeleton.

The arrangement of those cannon is a big problem for me, and I am still trying to find a balance.

That would be my next task for sure.

And the sail is white because now I have only white A4 paper for printing, and I maybe have other kinds of papers for printing, then I would make it looks more like

a really pirate ship!

Thanks for your advice, the beast is one of my favor parts. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Viking

A mighty vessel indeed! I love how one can take the parts of the ship off to look at the inside!

It also has a good amount of details and guns.

Thanks for sharing this with us :thumbup: .

Awesome, Pluto great name! 8D

HA..thx, Pluto is related to the wealth, so part of reason why I use this name. :pir-blush:

This is the greatest ship under the Jolly roger I've ever seen! :cry_happy:

However, I think it could use more crew to fire those guns.

Thanks, I appreciate the chance I could learn a lot here.

And your are right, there should be more crew in that ship. Actually I am still working on the crew as well. :pir-cry_happy:

A mighty vessel indeed! I love how one can take the parts of the ship off to look at the inside!

It also has a good amount of details and guns.

Thanks for sharing this with us :thumbup: .

Thanks, I am glad that everyone could give me advice.

These opinions are so useful and I could use them for improving the Pluto in the fallowing weeks.

Thanks. :pir-blush:

Man this ships a beauty, and you say this is your FIRST!? Excellent job, the only details I cans ee that need changing are the ones aforementioned, all in all a fine addition to the ships under the jolly roger :thumbup:

Man this ships a beauty, and you say this is your FIRST!? Excellent job, the only details I cans ee that need changing are the ones aforementioned, all in all a fine addition to the ships under the jolly roger :thumbup:

Thank you. I said this my first post (here) because I just registered succesfully this month.

Before this ship, I also tried many MOC works.

And thanks this Forum I learn a lot detail.

I love Pirates serious when it was the 1990s, and that's why I always keep trying to make a real MOC pirate flagship.

And Pluto's building, after one year's trying, now is reaching the end, some fine tune and crew-recruit left.

I learned a lot during the building, especially from all the MOC on this forum.

So..again, thank you, really! :pir-tongue:

Edited by Viking

Very nice ship indeed,

I especially like the fact its modular, you can then make changes as you wish without taking the whole thing down!!

Good job :thumbup:

ur good! i like the backsite of the vessel, is it a small galleon from the 1500?

i like also the detail of your space, sooo many space.

i'm now working on my first ship a small sloop of war named little beld.

used in the U.K/V.S war in 1812

Wow... it's enormous! It definitely deserves the title flagship!

But truly great! Congratulations!

The back section is stunning!

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by funkybrick

Ok, so you asked for advise, and I am going to give it pirate_blush.gif

First, the ship is amazing and huge, and you did a remarkable job. I am very impressed.

Still, there is some work to be done pirate_laugh2.gif:

1. The jib you placed should be removed, I think, or you should place 2 more, but that requires ringing
  2. The prow and stern are FANTASTIC, nothing to say
  3. I know the ship is enormous, but I still think that it lacks 8 studs (one hull piece) in length, because it is too high
  4. I don't like a lot the sails with all those pirate skulls (but that's a question of taste) and also the discontinuity in the cannon ports.

I don't know if this is your fist ship, but for a work with pre-fabs, so huge and tall, it is REALLY GOOD pirate_wubnew.gif

Ok, so you asked for advise, and I am going to give it pirate_blush.gif

Although your comment is quite constructive, there's no use in bumping a nearly 2 year old topic.

The author also hasn't been active for the last half year so he probably won't even read it.

Please don't do this again :pir-classic: