Derfel Cadarn

Fort Magnis

Lovely piece of art again Derfel!

A lot of fine details and great work on the 'broken' walls and on the roofs.

blogged.png

Expect it on the frontpage soon :pir-wink:

And you've done it again.

This is spectacular. It has a certain "official LEGO" feeling to it, although of course much much more detailed and beautiful.

Great idea with the broken walls, and good to see that you've tried out another kind of mountain-style.

Please: link me to your MOCs in bigger resolutions

Wow, very nice, I don't thinkI'd call that small. There's lot of detail, and I must say it was nicely done, a perfect balance of smooth decks, and rugged rocks, as well as plant foliage.

I love the SNOT for the entire decking area, really impressive.

This is another great scene. The rocks, the stairs leading up, but most importantly, the fort itself are great. The color scheme and architectural details are really well done. Nice job! :pir-classic:

sometimes size matters is not the case with your moc!

a enjow a lot all the elements, color and of course the assembly!

congratulations for your new moc!

thanks for chering

regards

Rodrigo

I just keep returning to this MOC - it is just amazing.

How did you angle the roofs? I'm having difficulties creating roofs, which is holding me back from creating anything worth calling a MOC...

Its just is perfect a beitiful fort :pir-oh3::pir-wub: , i like that dpck and the curved stairs, its looks really lovley, you have done an awesome and great work keep it up :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Captain Becker :jollyroger:

Ooooh, I love your broken wall technique, and the interior is excellent!

I also like how you made the roofs using the tooth piece! One thing I find really attractive though is all the smooth floors, I love smooth floors :pir-wub: ... You pulled it off very well.

The only thing that I don't adore is the rock wall in the front. Your flagrant use of those two by two tall slope pieces makes it look a wee bit unnatural, but aside from that, the MOC is A+ material :pir-grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Since I don´t have that much time as before, I really had to make some time for this... smooth and clean... :thumbup:

Beautiful MOC, love those musket racks and half barrels of food - cool ! :pir-classic:

The roofs too I really like. :pir-classic:

Now seeing this is making me want to heavily MOD the soldiers fort from last year into something like this.

Good work and I'm a conformist! ! :pir_laugh2:

I second Capt. Kirks comment, indeed very smoth and clean.

I have wanted to post to this right away, but I was just amazed everytime I saw it, so I couldn´t.

All the colours are just so great together, makes the whole creation so very good all in all.

It works really good with the different colours of the cliffs as well.

All details are in a good balance, doesn´t become to much or to little, just perfect. A good balance.

That is a fort I would like to work in since it really seems like they have a Preussisk-Chinese order there :pir-grin:

Good luck with creating those 6 models in just a few weeks :thumbup:

Hope to soon see more fantastic work in a near future from you then.

Thanks for all the great comments you guys! I would really like to get round to building a bigger fort this year, but not sure when i'll be able to fit it in, so you'll just have to watch this space.

And yet again, I've returned to this MOC - it so really so spectacular, I want to eat it.

I hope it's okay, that I link to your MOCpages, Derfel?

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/21694

Thats fine with me :pir-classic: sorry i havnt been able to reply sooner. Heres a link to my flickr page which has some larger images: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/

Thanks again!

Edited by Derfel Cardarn

Hi Derfel!

Why don´t you add the pages were you up load your pictures (Mocpages, Flickr) in your profile?

You can just add it as so many others have done with a small text thing.

For instance if you look on my post with Brickshelf :pir-wink:

Wow! thats some amazing detail you've got on there! The fort itself is just an amazing piece of architecture! Great work on the cliff, dock, everything! :pir-grin: No complaints here. Absolutely Stunning :pir-oh3: 10/10

I like this a bunch.

As I can never resist browsing these sorts of sets and finding little bits I like, and praising them ... I'll get to that in a second. But for starters, let me just say I'm thrilled to see you tackle something a little less epic in size ("Medium-sized"?). Something a little closer to what I have for available parts. This could almost be modular, too.

Anyway, hopefully seeing this will give me the kick in the pants I need to get started on my next fort.

So ... five things I really enjoy here ...

1. The longshoreman. I like that particular look a lot. Really, a longshoreman can look like just about any sailor or dockworker, but I like seeing them dressed for cooler weather. An ascot, some sleeves. Anyway, no busy dock is complete without a couple of longshoremen rolling or carrying barrels up and down a ramp.

2. The windows. I was pondering 4-wide arches for windows not that long ago and I could never quite figure out how to incorporate them. Being that it's a military installation ... bars make plenty of sense. Can't be having pirates sneak into the armory from outside. Anyway, I can see from this that the trick is to have a good spread of "white wall" around the windows, at least two full studs out on either side before any more architecture elements in the walls are placed. And the key is to spread the large windows out somewhat and not have them too close to one another.

3. Cracked walls. I always like seeing new ways people incorporate damage from cannonballs striking the outer walls. I think these are some of the best I've seen, making the white exterior stucco look like it's over more traditional stone walls (which is getting to be one of your specialties). I'd like to see this done with more earthy clay colored "stones" as well ... tan, brown, and some of the myriad of other browns Lego now has. (I suppose they'd be "clay" based)

4. The Spanish tiles. I love seeing different versions of Spanish tile roofs, especially in the classic reds. Again, clay was pretty much the ultimate construction material in those days and clay, stucco and wood were the primary Caribbean building blocks. It lends some great authenticity (and looks so nice with the white walls). I'm not sure if I like the gray 1x1 shingle/spike pieces at the bottom, but they do certainly add to the "military" feeling of the place.

5. Bunch of small things here, because I said "5 things I like" and then realized there's a bunch more: New Redshirts with Indiana Jones pouches. Awesome. Lone palm tree. Awesome. Crooked steps on the dock. Awesome. Armory/store rooms, lookout posts and officers eating and studying sea charts. Awesome. Curved white walls atop the cliffs, fantastic. And lastly - the wooden "deck" style floor that continues from the dock all the way up into the fort. Very cool.

Very, very cool.

I love the size of the buildings. Not too big. I also like that they are enclosed(mostly). The roofs are excellent. The exposed brick is awesome, I will be using that technique. Very well done once again.

Edited by Blackheart Brit