Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

New MINI Acclamator Assault Ship

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello dear community!

Today it's a special pleasure for me to give something back to this great community here! :classic:

Last month I presented the capital ships of the Republic Fleet to you. Among them the Acclamator Assault Ship and the Venator Attack Cruiser. During the following discussion I was kind of caught on the hop... :classic:

I'm just curoious if you've ever tried making an acclamator to the correct size of the venator? I've tried but failed and want to know if you ever did.

Having had built the Acclamator 2 years before the Acclamator, I of course didn't know there would be a Venator in the third movie, so I just built it in the size that allowed for the most details... :classic:

I usually don't build all models to scale with each other, but instead choose the scale where I can fit in the most details. But this sounds like a challenge. Just those two in scale with each other... Either increase the Venator or shrink the Acclamator... Now you got me! I'll take the challenge! :classic:

Today - being three weeks later - you'll see the outcome of this little challange. They're roughly to scale with each other and look quite nicely together. Hence let's start with the group image first. :classic:

acclamator-micro-6.jpg

And here are some more detail view of the little companion of the Venator. All images (including the above) are of course links to the entire image gallery and building instructions. :classic:

acclamator-micro-1.jpg

acclamator-micro-3.jpg

acclamator-micro-5.jpg

See all images and instructions here: Mini Acclamator and Venator to scale with each other on BrickShelf

Without this community, I probably would not have taken the effort to design a second Acclamator. So, thank you all for the ongoing support! :sweet:

See you around,

~ yours Christopher

Edited by KimT

Just one word, Brilliance!

First off I have to say I'm rather happy I gave you a challenge, especially with the outcome being a great addition to your minis. This is rather incredible being to scale and having the right amount of details. I never thought it could be done so well but if anyone could do it, it's you.

Great job man and keep it up!

Minis Minis everywhere

Not one to spare

Legostein builds them all

And displays them on his wall!

Well on eurobricks anyway :tongue:

Simply Stunning!

You have made great use of the new 1x2 cheese slopes and its in prefect scale to the venator!

Awesome work :thumbup:

Hello!

Thank you for the nice comments everyone! :classic: I am glad you liked the shrinked down version of the Acclamator. It was really great I could get my hands on those 2 wide slopes as the construction with the normal 1x1x2/3 slopes would not have been possible. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hmm... I always though the Acclamater was BIGGER than the Venater, But hey, what do I know? The interesting thing is, you never saw these two beside each other in the movies and- as far as I'm conserned- in the comics either.

Hmm... I always though the Acclamater was BIGGER than the Venater, But hey, what do I know? The interesting thing is, you never saw these two beside each other in the movies and- as far as I'm conserned- in the comics either.

*huh* ? Confused I am a little. Although not seen together in the movies, there exists clear data for the length of both ships. :classic:

I'm a conformist! !

Thank you! :classic: And no worries, bricking will go on. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great job with this mini Legostein! :thumbup::wub:

You have captured it really well! :thumbup:

I like the use of the double cheese plate and the 1 x 3 tiles. :wub:

Great job!

CommanderFox

Hello,

and thanks again for your interest! I am glad to serve. :classic:

Great job. Building mini sets is not as easy as it looks

That's exactly the point. :classic: Often it takes weeks to finish a model. Getting a certain shape at small scale is often more difficult because even the small 1x1 plate is too rough sometimes. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher