Darth Yoda

Omaha Beach Invasion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Without further ado, Let me Present to all of you.....

Omaha Beach Invasion!

4315110804_c2fba3d8f1.jpg

June 6, 1944 : D-day

The untested 29th Infantry Division, joined by nine companies of U.S. Army Rangers redirected from Pointe du Hoc, were to assault the western half of the beach. The battle-hardened 1st Infantry Division was given the eastern half. The initial assault waves, consisting of tanks, infantry, and combat engineer forces, were carefully planned to reduce the coastal defences and allow the larger ships of the follow-up waves to land.

German machine gun fire devastated the allied forces and the term “War is hell” was certainly applied here.

ATTENTION, THESE PHOTOS WERE EDITED BY THUNDER-BLADE.

(I I myself stink at editing :P)

Here is the set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/...57623313497252/

So yea, I hope you guys enjoy it! :tongue:

Oh, and P.s. If this is the wrong forum for this please excuse me and feel free to move it!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Beautifully done. I love the depth and dimension to it. The surface of the sand and how that fades into the water, very well done. The intestines were a nice touch.

That is great! Don't really care for some of the comments being made, but you can't help that. It's a great looking set up. Good job and keep it up. :thumbup:

I saw this on The Brother's Brick, glad it's made it's way here to Eurobricks! What can I say, this is amazing! A perfect slice of Omaha (to paraphrase TBB). :grin: The attention to detail - the blood and gore, the shore line, the barbed wire fences, the pill-box, the soldiers, them.. weird.. cross things that I don't know the name of but have seen in many a war game... :tongue:

Fantastic MOC Darth Yoda! Just wonderful! :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Peace

Excellent work Darth Yoda!

There are many great details in it! The sea water looks great, the gore scenes turned out pretty realistic and the rock is very impressive!

My favourite part is the bunker section. Amazing! The flames, the barb-wire, the sniper, all these contribute in the greatness of this MOC. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing it with us! :classic:

Very good work!

I'm very impressed by how you did the blood in the water near the shore, perfect! :thumbup:

Wow! I recently watched Saving Private Ryan, and I've got to say this is really cool, not to mention accurate as well :thumbup:

Wow! I recently watched Saving Private Ryan, and I've got to say this is really cool, not to mention accurate as well :thumbup:

Yup, the reason why I made this was largely due to the fact that I had just watched SPR.... :thumbup:

Yeah, SPR does have that effect on people. Very impressive MOC!

Oh, and P.s. If this is the wrong forum for this please excuse me and feel free to move it!

It is, but it's an easy mistake. LEGO Action Themes is for official themes only...

Very good, from the water to the outpost. I like how the water hitting the shore is red, and it fades in and out of the beach and ocean. I like the, excuse my terminology, 'jacks' on the beach and in the water. The layers work really well, making everything a smooth transition to the next. This is just one of those great war MOCs that is a treat to see. Great job.

This is a fantastic MOC, I love the whole German bunker area. The rock face is nice, and the bloody water is a nice touch. Well done! :thumbup:

Hello!

It's very brutal but it does justice to the cruelty of this event and war in general.

My favourite detail is the spout in the water next to the landing ship caused by a bullet hitting the water. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I have also read about this amazing creation from brothers-brick, I think it would be 10X the magnificance if we can double the size (to make it a square)

Thanks for sharing this great work with us!

My god. The bunker and fence is amazing... but so is the bloody water and sand... you've quite a diorama here.

Wow, I just looked through your whole set.

I love the individual details that each person gets.

This is one of those MOC's I'd love to see in person so I could just stare at it for a while, adn soke it all in.

very impressive work!

This is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I keep looking through the pictures and just blinking in shock at the detail of it all, you sir are a master, nice job, and keep bricking :thumbup:

Great work! I'm trying out my own D-Day project, but because there's so many, I might do a more liberating French towns-style thing.

-Santhor