Mariann Asanuma

Gone Fishing

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I was inspired to make this model today. I'd been thinking of making a fishing MOC for a while.

4314225889_4d66bff496.jpg

The model kind of evolved on it's own. Originally I was only going to make the dad, but then I thought it would cuter with a little kid added. :sweet:

4314962352_1261b29bda.jpg

I also gave them both fish at first, but that didn't seem "right." So then I got the inspiration to give the dad a boot. But then it looked like the dad was unhappy that he hadn't gotten a fish so I put his arm around his son's shoulder to show that he was happy for his son. :laugh:

4314962296_bc57a53034.jpg

Nothing is "cheated" on this model. The only thing unofficial is the thread that makes the fishing line. If you are wondering, there is a small bit of technic flex tubing holding the thread in place.

You can see larger images on my Flickr photostream.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

What a beautiful little MOC Mariann, you are right I think about adding the child in, he really is very cute!

The Dad catching the boot is a very nice touch, it made me laugh. Why are there so many boots in the oceans and lakes I wonder? If that is where all the missing boots go, I wonder where all the missing socks go? :look:

This is a great Moc Mariann!

I like it a lot. It is just like a vignette but with LEGOLAND figs instead.

Even though the father just got a boot, you can tell he is proud of his son.

Good detailing as well.

Originally I was only going to make the dad, but then I thought it would cuter with a little kid added. :sweet:

If you didn´t add the kid, how can you then tell the guy is a dad? :wink:

You don't see LEGOLAND style figs barely ever anymore.

I really like this, you did a great job.

Excellent MOC. The detailing and figures are perfect, and you can really get a lot of emotion out of the Miniland scale figures. The positioning of the dad's head and arm certainly convey the emotion that you were going for, which is great!

It really is perfect, but the only slight quibble I have is that the bottoms of the boys boots are one old and one newer plate, so one has a hole while in the round part while the other does not, which makes it look just a little funny. I don't mean to criticize, since I really love the vignette, I just wanted to point it out.

Beatiful Moc Mariann :wub:! As mentioned before it captures the warmth beteween a parent and the child perfectly!!! And the boot as Izzy said is great, experience isn´t always the winner!

It really is perfect, but the only slight quibble I have is that the bottoms of the boys boots are one old and one newer plate, so one has a hole while in the round part while the other does not, which makes it look just a little funny. I don't mean to criticize, since I really love the vignette, I just wanted to point it out.
What, what & what? Don´t you get it, he has a hole in the sole :grin:!

Great job! The miniland figures always end up pretty cool, and fishing is a good subject. The boot is a nice touch, it reminds me of when I caught a... stick :tongue:

The very first miniland I've ever seen, and I like it a lot.

The miniland figures are so well done, especially the cute kid. The fish is actually in the right proportion, unlike the usual minifigs. Finally, the water looks pretty cool.

What, what & what?

I'm unsure if this is a joke or you actually don't understand, so I'll attempt to explain myself better. Look at the bottom of the plates that are the child's feet in the first picture. Notice that in the center of the one on your right has a small hole in it, this is the newer piece. Compare with the foot on your left, which has no tiny hole. Now do you understand?

I'm unsure if this is a joke or you actually don't understand, so I'll attempt to explain myself better. Look at the bottom of the plates that are the child's feet in the first picture. Notice that in the center of the one on your right has a small hole in it, this is the newer piece. Compare with the foot on your left, which has no tiny hole. Now do you understand?
I saw it, understood it and tried to be funny about it:
What, what & what? Don´t you get it, he has a hole in the sole :grin:!
Like this:

sole.jpg

I´m actually unsure if Mariann did it on purpose as I was "joking" about, or that she "made a mistake". Either way, I think it doesn´t ruin the moc. Quite the opposite, it ads to the greatness of the model. I´m sorry if my what, what & what offended you.

I´m actually unsure if Mariann did it on purpose as I was "joking" about, or that she "made a mistake". Either way, I think it doesn´t ruin the moc. Quite the opposite, it ads to the greatness of the model. I´m sorry if my what, what & what offended you.

Such a little detail to be picky about! :tongue:

No I didn't intend to use a new and an old tan plate on the little kid's feet. I didn't even notice it to be honest. :laugh:

Thanks everyone for such positive feedback! :sweet:

Such a little detail to be picky about! :tongue:

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to be picky, I was just making an observation. I don't think it "ruins" anything, or even detracts, I was just pointing it out.

Hello!

What a lovely scene. :sweet: Regarding my stressy daily schedule, your vignette radiates the feeling of quiet and how simple but happy life could be. And probably should be. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein