Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Queens' Quest Chapter II: Invitation

I promised I would post at least one chapter of my comic Queens' Quest every month, and Chapter II made it just in the nick of time. I intend to keep the deadlines in the future as well, even though I also thrive to up the quality of my comics at the same time. As you can soon see, the photography has once again improved from the previous chapter, and I'm quite happy with the MOCs I made for this chapter as well.

Anyway, in this chapter we return to Queen Beatrix at Castle Brickborough. Like the first chapter, this one is also an "introductory" chapter, but I guarantee that there's plenty of action up ahead. I hope you won't be overwhelmed by the multitude of characters, I'll try to get a "Who's Who" topic up somewhere in the future as well to keep you in track of them.

But for now, I hope you enjoy the comic!

QQII.jpg

QQII1.jpg

QQII2.jpg

QQII3.jpg

QQII4.jpg

QQII5.jpg

QQII6.jpg

QQII7.jpg

QQII8.jpg

QQII9.jpg

QQII10.jpg

QQII11.jpg

QQII12.jpg

QQII13.jpg

QQII14.jpg

QQII15.jpg

QQII16.jpg

QQII17.jpg

QQII18.jpg

QQII19.jpg

QQII20.jpg

QQII21.jpg

QQII22.jpg

QQII23.jpg

QQII24.jpg

QQII25.jpg

QQII26.jpg

QQII27.jpg

QQII28.jpg

QQII29.jpg

QQII30.jpg

QQII31.jpg

QQII32.jpg

QQII33.jpg

QQII34.jpg

QQII35.jpg

QQII36.jpg

All comments and feedback are greatly cherished!

In Chapter III dated for February, there will be an unveiling of a third queen aside from the twins. Crazy, huh?! We will also return to the witches, and watch as Xulda embraces her own quest.

Yes, the second chapter is here! I've been waiting eagerly! :sweet:

I must start to say that LEGO-wise this is a really good chapter. The bedroom and the hall is very well done, I especially like the use of turntables on the floor of the hall. I also like the tooth pieces on the doors and Beatrix's bed. :thumbup:

The story is also good, I had no problem with the many characters. I think that's because they are all very unique and easy to recognize. The part with Lady Confucia is a little predictable if you know Beatrix from before but I see why you included it. I really liked that we got to meet Rod again, he was my favourite character in PQ. The Blood Knight sound like a very interesting person, I suspect we will see more of him later on.

Your photos are really good and you make good use of different angles. But some photos are a little blurry I think - like the one where Beatrix is longing for the armor and the one when Lady Confucia shows her grumpy face. Not much of a deal but maybe something to have in mind. :wink:

Very nice work Sandy! Now the long wait begins again. :tongue:

Woo! The MOCs in this are absolutely amazing! I especially like the bed and the wall decorations and stonework. The story and dialogue is as great as ever, so excellent work so far. I really look forward to some action. It must take a lot of dedication to set this schedule for yourself. :thumbup:

One question, though- if Rod is a knight now, where's his former master? I really enjoyed that character. Hopefully we'll get to see the trolls as well.

Good new chapter :thumbup:

I love how the scenes for each part are really well thought out, how each detail is worked on. The tiled floor is really good looking. Who would have thought of something as simple as the black 2x2 as a pattered tile. Each of the rarer pieces used in the background match well, like the printed pieces.

The characters are memorable as always, and I love Zanzibar(s). Such a good little addition to the series. I love the clone's pink outfit :tongue:

This is one, if not, of the best comic series here. It sure makes me want to do a castle/fantasy comic someday. Expect me here for next month's installment :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments, guys! It's always nice to wake up to see people have actually read the comic I've been working on for days. :wub:

The Blood Knight sound like a very interesting person, I suspect we will see more of him later on.

Your photos are really good and you make good use of different angles. But some photos are a little blurry I think - like the one where Beatrix is longing for the armor and the one when Lady Confucia shows her grumpy face. Not much of a deal but maybe something to have in mind. :wink:

Of course you will see the Blood Knight, you know how much I love to "foreshadow" events to come. :wink:

As for the photo quality, my boyfriend taught me to use a tripod and adjust the lenght of exposure to take better pictures, but of course I managed to screw up a few of them. :tongue: I just don't have the patience to check every photo I take, but you're right, this is definitely something to improve upon.

One question, though- if Rod is a knight now, where's his former master? I really enjoyed that character.

Uh, you might want to check back on the final chapter of Princess Quest to see what fate befall on Sir Brickhart. But there's plenty of knights in Queens' Quest as well, since there's the new, ginger-haired guy along with Rod and Sir Dancelot. You'll learn more about him in the future chapters.

The characters are memorable as always, and I love Zanzibar(s). Such a good little addition to the series. I love the clone's pink outfit :tongue:

There's actually an important reason why the other Zanzibar has decided to dress up differently. There's a hint of it in this comic as well, since he doesn't really care to argue with the blue Zanzibar. But more on that later, as well.

I feel like I'm holding so many strings with this comic that I really hope I don't jumble them up. :tongue: But to get philosophical, I believe that the more "threads" the story has, the more beautiful is the pattern it will eventually make.

Aaaah Sandy this is great as allways. I love the characters and the story, but the buildings and the entirior are very lovely aswell. Keep them coming, I'll keep reading! I LOL'd at the Vladek referance! Did you know the current Dutch Queen is named Beatrix?

Bart

Edited by badboytje88

I LOL'd at the Vladek referance! Did you know the current Dutch Queen is named Beatrix?

Good to hear someone picked up the joke. :wink:

And yes, I'm aware of the Dutch queen.

I just learned that Beatrix means a female traveller in Latin (the female form of Viator). How appropriate, innit? :laugh:

Another very nice chapter, Sandy! :thumbup: The creations fit well in the comic, and they are also very good. I also didn't have any problems with the amount of characters. I'm looking forward to the next chapters. Great job!

I'm sorry to say that the next chapter doesn't quite make it to the February deadline, since this has been quite a busy month for me.

However, I've already built the MOCs for the next chapter and I've got a week-long vacation next week, so you'll definitely get it then. :wink:

Thanks for the support you've shown me both in these topics and through PMs, they're wholly appreciated! :wub:

I'm sorry to say that the next chapter doesn't quite make it to the February deadline, since this has been quite a busy month for me.

However, I've already built the MOCs for the next chapter and I've got a week-long vacation next week, so you'll definitely get it then. :wink:

Thanks for the support you've shown me both in these topics and through PMs, they're wholly appreciated! :wub:

I'm looking forward to it! Aren't you hosting a HP maffia game in the future? How is that coming along?

Bart

Oh boy :wub: Can't wait!

Aren't you hosting a HP maffia game in the future? How is that coming along?

I've got most of it planned already, but there's still a few games before my turn, so I'm expecting to host it by late summer at the earliest.

Thanks for asking, though!