Sign in to follow this  
snefroe

promising MOC!

Well in Canada we got the Limited Edition Super Phes, instead the interchangable hand and hook parts on his right hand was on his left, it also came with an actual musket for hours of fun!

although limited edition super phes is cool nothing could beat the platinum phes now all that needs to be done is for the platinum phes to be invented

Any minute now all these off topic posts are going to become a new thread... It'll probably end up the Community Forum because you have "piratized" the posts enough.

errika-01.jpg

MY GOD its sailing dangerously close to the edge of the world!!!

the ship doesn't have any sails so i don't think it'll do anything... unless it has an engine block in there somewhere... but then i guess it would be stupid to have masts....

the ship doesn't have any sails so i don't think it'll do anything... unless it has an engine block in there somewhere... but then i guess it would be stupid to have masts....

It does have sails: those big chunks across the masts are rolled-up sails. They just couldn't set them 'cos they don't have rigging yet... I think...

It does have sails: those big chunks across the masts are rolled-up sails. They just couldn't set them 'cos they don't have rigging yet... I think...

really? usually people use white bricks to do that... i think they're part of the masts. as Suvie said, it looks as if he rushed to the end. Perhaps he just didn't do them...

really? usually people use white bricks to do that... i think they're part of the masts. as Suvie said, it looks as if he rushed to the end. Perhaps he just didn't do them...

To me those "black thingies" around the "thick thingies" look like rigging used to tie rolled-up sails to the mast...

1183crr9ihiwx.jpg

I agree, usually sails are done in white. But this ship isn't "usual" in any way so he could have been thinking of doing the sails in a more "natural" color.

I could be totally off, of course :wink:

I agree the final result is a bit of a disappointment. OK it is very big and has a lot of details but these strange masts and sails spoil the overall look drastically.

So could it be said this MOC wasn't so promising afterall? Count Sneffy you'll pay for getting us excited for no reason!!! :-D

So could it be said this MOC wasn't so promising afterall? Count Sneffy you'll pay for getting us excited for no reason!!! :-D

:$ :$ :$

i admit, it didn't go quite the way i was hoping for when i first saw these pics on brickshelf, and yes, he made a few bad decisions about the sails and masts, however,

i do admire the builder for his/her work and vision. he/she doesn't follow the narrow margins lego sets when releasing models, he/she is not limited to what lego thinks is possible ... sure, it's not perfect .... yet... but it can still happen...

btw, all those canons... g... a real treasure... :biggrin: